+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softanding complete, permanent residency actiavted but PR card not issued.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
After weeks of trying to contact IRCC, I finally had the chance to reach an agent to update our address on file so hopefully the PR card will be mailed shortly to the Canadian address we provided. To give tips for those trying to contact IRCC from outside Canada. I downloaded an App called Textnow and generated a Canadian number. I used the App to call the customer service number at 1(888)242-2100. I was on the call for about an hour 8 minutes but I was able to get the update done. Will provide an update as soon as we get our PR.
Did you get the PR card . Can yu please update .

Mar 6, 2020
Did you get the PR card . Can yu please update .
I checked our profile this night. My husband’s PR card was approved and mailed to the Canadian address on file today June 9th. Unfortunately, I got a message to resend my passport photographs so mine is still pending. I’ll provide an update regarding when I get my PR.

Mar 6, 2020
Hi Buddy ,

were you able to call help line number and update your PR card address by talking to the agent or not. I am also planning to cross in 4th of July weekend so wanted to make sure they allow us to give some address. Please do reply . it will help to plan my trip .
Yes we were able to talk to the IRCC agent via text me app and the address was updated. Try to get the CBSA agent to do it when you do your landing and if they can’t, you can try what we did. My husband’s PR has been mailed as of today, just waiting to review it. Mine is pending because I have to resend my passport photograph. Good luck

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hi Buddy ,

were you able to call help line number and update your PR card address by talking to the agent or not. I am also planning to cross in 4th of July weekend so wanted to make sure they allow us to give some address. Please do reply . it will help to plan my trip .
Hi,

Were you able to do soft landing?
I read in of of your earlier post that you are SINP applicant, I am also SINP EE applicant
It would really help if you can provide your experience and suggestions soon.

Thanks

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
I applied via webform and yet to receive any update. Just wanted to know if we would be having any kind of tracking information about the PR cards. Thank you

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
This is a try to bump this thread. I havent yet received any update and also when tried to link an application in my gckey profile, it couldnt find any application on my name.

I remember when I was applying via webform, it said the usual processing times as 113 days. Its been around 60 days rn. Currently the webform processing times show as 43 days. Is there anything I can do to like cal them to check on my application or I have to wait for like 60 more days and call them? I havent received any acknowledgment of webform applicaiton as well, so thinking if that even went through.

Any insights would be really helpful, thank you

Mar 6, 2020
@sowsiv if this is your first PR card. There is no need to apply through webform. They should have collected your address at the point of landing and if they didn't, you'll have to update th address with them via webform or over the phone. If you are finding it hard to link your application to your profile, some entry might not be correct. I'll say call them on the phone no need to wait. They should be able to provide an update for you. They'll just need your UCI number and verify your personal details.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
@sowsiv if this is your first PR card. There is no need to apply through webform. They should have collected your address at the point of landing and if they didn't, you'll have to update th address with them via webform or over the phone. If you are finding it hard to link your application to your profile, some entry might not be correct. I'll say call them on the phone no need to wait. They should be able to provide an update for you. They'll just need your UCI number and verify your personal details.
Thank you i will try that but now a days its getting hard to get to ircc customer service. Is there a way you were able to do it?

Mar 6, 2020
@sowsiv if you are calling from outside canada, download an app called Textnow to get a Canadian number then use that app to call them. I'll say start calling as early was they open.start trying from 8am. It's gonna be a long wait but it's what you have to do. I recall once I was on hold for about an hour.

Feb 8, 2021
@sowsiv if you are calling from outside canada, download an app called Textnow to get a Canadian number then use that app to call them. I'll say start calling as early was they open.start trying from 8am. It's gonna be a long wait but it's what you have to do. I recall once I was on hold for about an hour.
How did you link your profile to the application? Didnt get you on this?
I've completed my landing in Detroit-Windsor border during May Long weekend. The CBSA officer did collect the Canadian Address to where the PR card can be mailed out. But so far I have not received my card. Is there anything that you can suggest me on this?

Mar 6, 2020
@futureCanadian2021 log in to your IRCC profile, you’ll see an option to link an existing application. Fill out the forms provided and you’ll be able to link it from there. Processing times has been super long for PR Cards though:

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Yes we were able to talk to the IRCC agent via text me app and the address was updated. Try to get the CBSA agent to do it when you do your landing and if they can’t, you can try what we did. My husband’s PR has been mailed as of today, just waiting to review it. Mine is pending because I have to resend my passport photograph. Good luck
Hi @15115 , I have done what you suggested the other day, the officer said the address wasnt updated and it could be because the webform is yet to be processed(maybe) and also he updated it on the call to the address I gave. I have couple of questions:

1. Where can I see this address thing?
2. In your case, you said that your husband's card has been mailed, where did you see that update?

Thanks in advance

Mar 6, 2020
@sowsiv there is no way for you to check that the address has been updated. For me, I waited two weeks then called back to confirm the address on file and it was updated. Regarding knowing of your card has been mailed. You need to link your PR card application to your IRCC profile. When you log on to your profile, there is a button to link existing application. Click on it and follow the instructions/ prompt to fill out the form. Then you should be able to link it and see the status. When you also call, they’ll give you the status of your PR card application.

Feb 8, 2021
@15115 How long did it take for your PR card to be mailed out(your husband's i mean)?
I completed my landing formalities during May long weekend and still waiting for my card to be processed.
Linked my card to my profile and the status shows as submitted.

Mar 6, 2020
@futureCanadian2021 my husband got his in 2 months. We completed landing in April and his card was mailed in June. Mine was mailed in August. Although I had to do retake my passport photo 3 times. I think you need to call them to check status on their end. They usually have more details. I called them a bunch of times. since you did your landing in May, they should have mailed it to the Canadian address you provided.