+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softanding complete, permanent residency actiavted but PR card not issued.

Mar 6, 2020
My husband and I completed our soft landing on April 10, 2021(Last Saturday) via Rainbow Bridge Niagara falls. The officer did not take our family's Canadian address. She said we'll have to do it online through IRCC that alot of rules have changed recently. She gave us a copy of our COPR and said we can use it to travel via any land border with our passport. We were able to link our PR card application to our profile and it both shows submitted. However, they do not have a Canadian address for us to send the PR. we've tried the change of address tool and it's not picking up our application. Does anyone have any thoughts on how best to update this address?

kadkhiq81

May 10, 2017
My husband and I completed our soft landing on April 10, 2021(Last Saturday) via Rainbow Bridge Niagara falls. The officer did not take our family's Canadian address. She said we'll have to do it online through IRCC that alot of rules have changed recently. She gave us a copy of our COPR and said we can use it to travel via any land border with our passport. We were able to link our PR card application to our profile and it both shows submitted. However, they do not have a Canadian address for us to send the PR. we've tried the change of address tool and it's not picking up our application. Does anyone have any thoughts on how best to update this address?
You can call IRCC customer care and make sure the agent update your addresses in all the applicants in your PR CARD Application.

Mar 6, 2020
You can call IRCC customer care and make sure the agent update your addresses in all the applicants in your PR CARD Application.
Thanks for the feedback. we've been trying to reach IRCC customer care for a few days now and it keeps saying they have a high volume of class and we should try back later. We call as early as 9am. Has anyone called recently? any advice on best time to contact IRCC?

Mar 6, 2020
I finally got the chance to speak to a IRCC representative. I was told to update our address via webform because the address change tool is not working which we did. Has anyone successfully used this tool and has gotten their PR card?

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
I dont know if cbsa will do it as i dont have experience applying at later stage. You can certainly ask as they will tell if they can or not. You can anyway call cic once you are settled after you get your apartment/home to live.
Thanks. I'll update on this if I get any lead.

Mar 6, 2020
After weeks of trying to contact IRCC, I finally had the chance to reach an agent to update our address on file so hopefully the PR card will be mailed shortly to the Canadian address we provided. To give tips for those trying to contact IRCC from outside Canada. I downloaded an App called Textnow and generated a Canadian number. I used the App to call the customer service number at 1(888)242-2100. I was on the call for about an hour 8 minutes but I was able to get the update done. Will provide an update as soon as we get our PR.

Reactions: MST555

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
After weeks of trying to contact IRCC, I finally had the chance to reach an agent to update our address on file so hopefully the PR card will be mailed shortly to the Canadian address we provided. To give tips for those trying to contact IRCC from outside Canada. I downloaded an App called Textnow and generated a Canadian number. I used the App to call the customer service number at 1(888)242-2100. I was on the call for about an hour 8 minutes but I was able to get the update done. Will provide an update as soon as we get our PR.
Thanks for the info. I'll try calling them using the app.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
I have a question.. what is the expirey date on new copr .. is it same.. or its 5 year from now..

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
hello i completed soft landing on saturday. the officer did activate the permanant residency but denied taking my cousin's address to send the pr cards and told that it would only be done at the permanant move and that too via land border. I think I am in the same boat as others.

1. Should I make a call to IRCC and update my addresses to my cousin's address?
2. Officer didnt take GTF and told me to fill it during my permanant move. If I take the PR card via calling IRCC luckily and update the address, would the GTF be a problem while going permanantly.

Thanks in advance

Mar 6, 2020
@sowsiv we had a similar situation that the PR card was not issued. Were you able to link your PR card application to your EE profile? I called IRCC to have our address updated to a Canadian and they did but we are yet to receive our PR card. I will say give them a call so you can have the address updated. They also did not take a list of GTF from us. I don't think you should have a problem while going permanently.

haripriya1012

Aug 12, 2019
@sowsiv we had a similar situation that the PR card was not issued. Were you able to link your PR card application to your EE profile? I called IRCC to have our address updated to a Canadian and they did but we are yet to receive our PR card. I will say give them a call so you can have the address updated. They also did not take a list of GTF from us. I don't think you should have a problem while going permanently.
I am in a similar situation. I did my soft landing this week and the officer did not take the GTF saying I need to move back permanently for them to accept the GTF. When I move, I need to talk to the CBSA that time and provide the Canadian address and the GTF.
But, if we apply for change of address online and receive the PR card, we would be travelling using the PR card next time, so in that case, will they accept the GTF? It would be helpful if someone can guide on this.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am in a similar situation. I did my soft landing this week and the officer did not take the GTF saying I need to move back permanently for them to accept the GTF. When I move, I need to talk to the CBSA that time and provide the Canadian address and the GTF.
But, if we apply for change of address online and receive the PR card, we would be travelling using the PR card next time, so in that case, will they accept the GTF? It would be helpful if someone can guide on this.
Yes, they will accept. I have travelled twice with PR card without moving permanently. You can show them GTF only when you are actually ready to move, not an issue.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
hello i completed soft landing on saturday. the officer did activate the permanant residency but denied taking my cousin's address to send the pr cards and told that it would only be done at the permanant move and that too via land border. I think I am in the same boat as others.

2. Officer didnt take GTF and told me to fill it during my permanant move. If I take the PR card via calling IRCC luckily and update the address, would the GTF be a problem while going permanantly.

Thanks in advance
Hi Buddy ,

were you able to call help line number and update your PR card address by talking to the agent or not. I am also planning to cross in 4th of July weekend so wanted to make sure they allow us to give some address. Please do reply . it will help to plan my trip .

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
Hey were you able to talk to the agent via textme app to update the PR Card addres

Thanks in advance
Did you called the CBSA and update your address. Please do reply
s.. any update in this regards will be be greatly helpful.