+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softanding complete, permanent residency actiavted but PR card not issued.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
@sowsiv there is no way for you to check that the address has been updated. For me, I waited two weeks then called back to confirm the address on file and it was updated. Regarding knowing of your card has been mailed. You need to link your PR card application to your IRCC profile. When you log on to your profile, there is a button to link existing application. Click on it and follow the instructions/ prompt to fill out the form. Then you should be able to link it and see the status. When you also call, they’ll give you the status of your PR card application.
thank you today my friend messaged me saying that pr cards have been received. One doubt i have now is, would it be okay to have her courier it via fedex to me to usa?

I heard that in customs, if they are pr cards they would block it and not let them cross borders, is it true?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I heard that in customs, if they are pr cards they would block it and not let them cross borders, is it true?
This is not true. Where did you get this info from? Better to collect them in hand rather than shipping it. Fedex is still trustworthy but there is no loss being extra cautious. Or else once you are inside the country you can ask your friend to ship it to your place.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
This is not true. Where did you get this info from? Better to collect them in hand rather than shipping it. Fedex is still trustworthy but there is no loss being extra cautious. Or else once you are inside the country you can ask your friend to ship it to your place.
thank you, no specific link actually, it is just my friend's opinion and i wanted to know if anyone recently had luck shipping it from canada to usa?

anjocan

Oct 28, 2017
I had a similar experience where the visa officer did not apply for the PR card upon landing.
He provided me a form to update the address.I have faxed this form last Friday.
Should I call IRCC in addition to faxing this form? Will I receive any notification that my fax has been received, the address has been updated and if and when PR card will be shipped?

nsadhwani

Jun 4, 2021
I had a similar experience where the visa officer did not apply for the PR card upon landing.
He provided me a form to update the address.I have faxed this form last Friday.
Should I call IRCC in addition to faxing this form? Will I receive any notification that my fax has been received, the address has been updated and if and when PR card will be shipped?
Hey Anjocan, I was in a similar situation where the visa officer did not apply for the PR card upon landing. But I was not provided with a form to fax or anything. Can you share the form number or a screenshot (without your information, of course)?

Fatima Tin

Jan 14, 2022
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for providing such great info. Really brought some good insight.

Here is my query now, My husband and I have received our COPR's. We do have alot of time till it expires however we are thinking of doing a soft landing in the next couple of months, collect our PR, go back to our old jobs and then move later this year.

Few of my questions are:

1) is soft landing allowed because recently i heard it was banned?
2) how long will the PR card take to process cause we will only be staying in Canada for say a month max
3) we will be flying so if any one can tell me what documents do they check at the immigration apart from your travel docs and covid/vaccination reports? Do i need my marriage certificate and educational documents on hand too? what kind of questions should we prepared for?
4) also fourth and most imp is soft landing beneficial or should we just wait to move permanently?

TIA guys!

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for providing such great info. Really brought some good insight.

Here is my query now, My husband and I have received our COPR's. We do have alot of time till it expires however we are thinking of doing a soft landing in the next couple of months, collect our PR, go back to our old jobs and then move later this year.

Few of my questions are:

1) is soft landing allowed because recently i heard it was banned?
2) how long will the PR card take to process cause we will only be staying in Canada for say a month max
3) we will be flying so if any one can tell me what documents do they check at the immigration apart from your travel docs and covid/vaccination reports? Do i need my marriage certificate and educational documents on hand too? what kind of questions should we prepared for?
4) also fourth and most imp is soft landing beneficial or should we just wait to move permanently?

TIA guys!
Curious to know as well if the soft landing is still allowed given ever changing requirements due to Covid variants.

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Need Help

We did SoftLanding Today from USA via land Border Ambassador Bridge. But the officer refused to send the PR CARD to my Relatives. The Officer stated that PR Card will be issued once I will move permanently.

Is it possible now to get PR card in advance ? I don’t know why officer refused to take address of my relative. I know most of people using friend’s address for mailing PR card..

justinline

May 19, 2009
Hello Everyone!

Need Help

We did SoftLanding Today from USA via land Border Ambassador Bridge. But the officer refused to send the PR CARD to my Relatives. The Officer stated that PR Card will be issued once I will move permanently.

Is it possible now to get PR card in advance ? I don’t know why officer refused to take address of my relative. I know most of people using friend’s address for mailing PR card..
Some officers do allow using temporary address or freind's address, many don't. Try updating the IRCC with a address using their webform. I think there is fax number as well which you can use.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Can we do it in USA?
You would still need a Canadian address. Usually what I saw......I am talking 10-15 years back now, so its little bit dated information. The officers would fill out the form without address or not even fill the form for PR card, when you mention that you are just coming for soft landing.
And some officers would say while filling the PR card form, here is the address or fax number where you can update your address later on.

Can you not fill the forms and send it yourself to IRCC?