Hi everyone, I’m currently living in the USA and planning to do my initial Canadian PR landing, stay for a few days, and then return to the USA for around 8–10 months before permanently moving to Canada.
I’m confused about the PR card address. IRCC says the first PR card is mailed to a Canadian residential address and cannot be mailed to a third-party address. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
If I provide my friend’s Canadian address for my PR card, have them receive it, and then courier it to me in the USA, is this actually allowed? Also, does IRCC cross-check my travel/entry records to see whether I was actually in Canada when the PR card was delivered? If their records show that I was in the USA when the card was delivered, could that raise a question about why/how my PR card reached me in the USA?
I’ll be returning to Canada permanently after about 8–10 months. Looking for experiences from people who have actually been in this situation. Thanks!
I’m confused about the PR card address. IRCC says the first PR card is mailed to a Canadian residential address and cannot be mailed to a third-party address. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
If I provide my friend’s Canadian address for my PR card, have them receive it, and then courier it to me in the USA, is this actually allowed? Also, does IRCC cross-check my travel/entry records to see whether I was actually in Canada when the PR card was delivered? If their records show that I was in the USA when the card was delivered, could that raise a question about why/how my PR card reached me in the USA?
I’ll be returning to Canada permanently after about 8–10 months. Looking for experiences from people who have actually been in this situation. Thanks!
