+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softanding complete, permanent residency actiavted but PR card not issued.

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
Has anyone completed softlanding, but the PR card was not issued. The officer stated that the PR card will be issued once I am moving permanently. At that time, I need to provide the address. He refused to send the PR card to my relatives address at this point. Anyone in the a same boat?, or any recommendations! Responses are much appreciated.

Reactions: hurricane25

wego2canada

Dec 23, 2020
Has anyone completed softlanding, but the PR card was not issued. The officer stated that the PR card will be issued once I am moving permanently. At that time, I need to provide the address. He refused to send the PR card to my relatives address at this point. Anyone in the a same boat?, or any recommendations! Responses are much appreciated.
same boat - I faxed the form as requested, and created a web form as well. No response.

it appears from the responses in the forums and my own personal experiences they are prioritizing proper permanent landings than soft landing..

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
same boat - I faxed the form as requested, and created a web form as well. No response.

it appears from the responses in the forums and my own personal experiences they are prioritizing proper permanent landings than soft landing..
Did the officer take the address from you during softlanding? He clearly said I need to provide the address once I move permanently. What are you planning your next steps?

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
I'm in same boat. Did soft landing on February 24th, 2021. They did not take any pictures. Took the CoPR copy containing photo and gave back the other copy. I mentioned I'll be going back to US same day. They asked me if I'll be staying in same US address for couple of weeks and I said yes. He said they'll mail my PR to US address. I asked him again and mentioned that I've my friend's Canadian address but he said they can only mail it to me. When I researched, everywhere it's mentioned that PR card WILL NOT be mailed outside Canada. I tried the online address notification portal to update my address to Canadian one but when I fill the credential, it says they couldn't find my application!

krohit01

Nov 12, 2019
I did soft landing in Dec 2019 so things may have changed since then. But I had the same situation where the immigration officer did not register me for PR card saying I will get it when I move permanently..I was there for a few days so I just called the customer care , gave my relatives address and it worked...got card in 2 weeks.

Reactions: yamakart

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
I did soft landing in Dec 2019 so things may have changed since then. But I had the same situation where the immigration officer did not register me for PR card saying I will get it when I move permanently..I was there for a few days so I just called the customer care , gave my relatives address and it worked...got card in 2 weeks.
Thanks so much for this reply! I will try the same!

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
I'm in same boat. Did soft landing on February 24th, 2021. They did not take any pictures. Took the CoPR copy containing photo and gave back the other copy. I mentioned I'll be going back to US same day. They asked me if I'll be staying in same US address for couple of weeks and I said yes. He said they'll mail my PR to US address. I asked him again and mentioned that I've my friend's Canadian address but he said they can only mail it to me. When I researched, everywhere it's mentioned that PR card WILL NOT be mailed outside Canada. I tried the online address notification portal to update my address to Canadian one but when I fill the credential, it says they couldn't find my application!
Hey Arputh, we have try calling and checking with them. Else the only option is to go there and quarantine and get the PR Cards in hand. He clearly said they can issue PR Cards once I am moving in. :( I am also pretty confused about how to handle this.

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Hey Arputh, we have try calling and checking with them. Else the only option is to go there and quarantine and get the PR Cards in hand. He clearly said they can issue PR Cards once I am moving in. :( I am also pretty confused about how to handle this.
I tried linking my PR card application to EE profile, couldn't find my application (tried all possible ways). I tried calling the number I found from Google. Couldn't get to talk to anyone.
I've commented in another post and someone mentioned that they may not have started my PR card application as I was not permanently moving. As of now, I think that's what happened. I'm planning to move in 2 months. Next question is can I use my CoPR to cross the border and start my PR card application as I'm permanently moving.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
its normal as some officers dont want to apply for the card when you dont move yet. PR cards take time to receive hence you can travel to Canada to get it in 2 weeks quarantine period as it takes months.
can I use my CoPR to cross the border and start my PR card application as I'm permanently moving.
Yes you can travel via land using own/rental car with our copr & passport.
Once you move, you can call and give the address for your PR card. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/who-can-apply.html

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019
I tried linking my PR card application to EE profile, couldn't find my application (tried all possible ways). I tried calling the number I found from Google. Couldn't get to talk to anyone.
I've commented in another post and someone mentioned that they may not have started my PR card application as I was not permanently moving. As of now, I think that's what happened. I'm planning to move in 2 months. Next question is can I use my CoPR to cross the border and start my PR card application as I'm permanently moving.
Yes, you can. Also, could you please tell me how did you submit the PR application. Did you manually submit the PR card application?
Thanks

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Yes, you can. Also, could you please tell me how did you submit the PR application. Did you manually submit the PR card application?
Thanks
I did not start PR application. I need to talk to CBSA officer when I move. Not sure if they initiate the process when I move permanently.

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
its normal as some officers dont want to apply for the card when you dont move yet. PR cards take time to receive hence you can travel to Canada to get it in 2 weeks quarantine period as it takes months.

Yes you can travel via land using own/rental car with our copr & passport.
Once you move, you can call and give the address for your PR card. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/who-can-apply.html
Thanks, So when I move will they start the application? Do I need to talk to CBSA officer and make them do it?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks, So when I move will they start the application? Do I need to talk to CBSA officer and make them do it?
I dont know if cbsa will do it as i dont have experience applying at later stage. You can certainly ask as they will tell if they can or not. You can anyway call cic once you are settled after you get your apartment/home to live.