+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - COPR

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Nope I’m not... since my husband and I already have stable jobs here, I’m a little skeptical about moving permanently, esp since the job scene is a little unpredictable now.....I was hoping to return once things are a little normal there....
Where are you at?
Hello :)

hope you’re well.. any updates on your decision/move to canada? I’m getting a bit nervous now that we are getting closer to my visa expiry date...

please let me know if you have updates, ive emailed ircc and received a generic response asking to notify them only when ready to travel.

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
Hi! I received my COPR today and it’s expiring in 4 months. I got a document saying that the validity can not be extended and I have to re-apply and do the process from the beginning. Anyone did a soft landing recently? I’m not ready to live permanently yet- specially since I have only 4 months.

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
Hi! I received my COPR today and it’s expiring in 4 months.
Can anyone care to share their experience of soft landing here (Other than US)? I am specifically looking to get some info, if any of you managed to complete their soft landing and get their PR cards issued. My COPR is expiring on Sep and I am worried about letting it expire. At the moment, settling in canada is not an option at least for the next 12 months.
Hi,

Can I know what happened with your COPR? I just received mine today and it’s expiring in 4 months. I got a document saying that it cannot be extended and I will have to reapply if it expires

Reactions: Reach-Canada

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi! I received my COPR today and it’s expiring in 4 months. I got a document saying that the validity can not be extended and I have to re-apply and do the process from the beginning. Anyone did a soft landing recently? I’m not ready to live permanently yet- specially since I have only 4 months.
Hi, was the document sent by IRCC? That seems a bit strange - i am sure they told almost everyone to inform them once they are ready to travel and settle so they can let us know what the next steps are... they didn’t seem to pressure.

dejavus

Apr 22, 2015

Hi,

Can I know what happened with your COPR? I just received mine today and it’s expiring in 4 months. I got a document saying that it cannot be extended and I will have to reapply if it expires

What date was your medical, are you sure the 4 months is not whats left of your medical?

Reach-Canada

Aug 7, 2020
Hello,

I read that the canada-us borders will be open on september 21 so hopefully things get easier and you can finalize your PR procedure. did not think about the medicals but yes good point they might ask us all to do them again, i am trying to ask around as well, i live in the uae and it is a 14 hour flight to toronto i really dont want to risk going there now for a soft landing as it it ‘not essential’ as you mentioned. Other people and some agents recommended to travel anyway but wait for the PR to be issued before going back to the Uae but that would take months and i cannot afford to do that with my job - id rather just move and settle in Canada when it is time.
Please post more if you have any other info. Good luck! :)
We r in a similar state, received COPR this week but its valid only till march 2021. We are based in Doha.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
We r in a similar state, received COPR this week but its valid only till march 2021. We are based in Doha. Is there a WhatsApp group for Copr holders waiting to travel to Canada for first landing ? Thanks.
Hello - i heard that new issues copr are given only a few months - but is it for a landing or to move and settle? I am in a different situation than yours as my copr expired on dec 4 and i cannot settle now..Not aware of any whatsapp group im sorry .. things are very confusing at the moment. But please feel free to text me on 00971 554483533 and share your experience if you go soon. All the best!

Reactions: Reach-Canada

Reach-Canada

Aug 7, 2020
Hello - i heard that new issues copr are given only a few months - but is it for a landing or to move and settle? I am in a different situation than yours as my copr expired on dec 4 and i cannot settle now..Not aware of any whatsapp group im sorry .. things are very confusing at the moment. But please feel free to text me on 00971 554483533 and share your experience if you go soon. All the best!
Thanks for your reply, our medicals expire on 13 jan 2020, clearly theyve extended those by 2.5 months hence the copr also expires on the same date, I.e. march 31st 2021. Yes our COPR is a regular COPR, same travel restrictions apply. Will message you shortly. Thanks.

Tetoo2020

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks for your reply, our medicals expire on 13 jan 2020, clearly theyve extended those by 2.5 months hence the copr also expires on the same date, I.e. march 31st 2021. Yes our COPR is a regular COPR, same travel restrictions apply. Will message you shortly. Thanks.
Hi all I am same situation can we land in December. I heard something called compassionate letter required .

Reach-Canada

Aug 7, 2020

Hi,

Our copr has 4 months expiry too, could your contact number pls, I will add you to a whatsapp group I'm creating for those in a similar state. Thanks.

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
Hello :)

hope you’re well.. any updates on your decision/move to canada? I’m getting a bit nervous now that we are getting closer to my visa expiry date...

please let me know if you have updates, ive emailed ircc and received a generic response asking to notify them only when ready to travel.
Hey... did you finally decide what to do? The clock is ticking lol

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hey... did you finally decide what to do? The clock is ticking lol
Hello!
Decided to just notify them when i want to move :) too bad i will have to to through the required for ppl with expired docs by then, but i am not willing to risk and do a soft landing if it still not allowed.. what about you? :)

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
Hello!
Decided to just notify them when i want to move :) too bad i will have to to through the required for ppl with expired docs by then, but i am not willing to risk and do a soft landing if it still not allowed.. what about you? :)
I still have some time but I don’t want to risk waiting for my documents to expire, it throws off my entire timeline for next year... I’m still waiting to see how it shapes up after Christmas

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Yeah makes sense if you want to move sooner. My plan was to move next summer anyway so... cant do much at the moment. I hope things are clear after Christmas and you get to decide what to do. Keep me posted please :) where are you landing? And in which city do you live currently?