+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - COPR

Pri6388

Oct 31, 2018
I have received my COPR in Dec 2019, but as per the IRCC website at the moment no soft landing is allowed, even if I got my COPR before march 2020. I cannot risk not landing before Dec 2020 when my visa expires. Is anyone in the same situation? And what is the solution?
I am in exactly the same situation. And it looks like Canada will have another lockdown now.... I am looking for a solution too....

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I am in exactly the same situation. And it looks like Canada will have another lockdown now.... I am looking for a solution too....
Are you outside the US? And when does you copr expire? Let’s connect - i really don’t know if i should stress about it or not...

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Thanks - so you are unable to move there permanently by dec 4? I wonder what reasons they consider good enough for us not to move now..

Pri6388

Oct 31, 2018
Nope I’m not... since my husband and I already have stable jobs here, I’m a little skeptical about moving permanently, esp since the job scene is a little unpredictable now.....I was hoping to return once things are a little normal there....
Where are you at?

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I am in Dubai. Need a better financial stability before moving honestly.. but seems like the list of requirements is quite long for when we are ready to travel after our copr expires..

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
I have received my COPR in Dec 2019, but as per the IRCC website at the moment no soft landing is allowed, even if I got my COPR before march 2020. I cannot risk not landing before Dec 2020 when my visa expires. Is anyone in the same situation? And what is the solution?
hey, what did you finally decide?

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
Hello,

Did you do it or still waiting?
I feel you and understand the situation you are in.
Mine is expiring in December and i really am having mixed thoughts. it is a 14 hour flight from where i live so i really don't want to risk doing a soft landing right now and not allowed in... but also font want to risk losing my COPR!
Some ppl i know have stayed there for the quaratine period and left - when the officer asked if they were settling when they lnded, they said yes but they werent really and just didnt want not to land before their copr expires.. it's a confusing situation really..
not sure if anyone is checking when you leave canada after 2 weeks quaratine...
I'm looking for soft landing stories as well if anyone cares to share, would be very helpful

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
I’m not going anywhere until my final move, i’d rather not risk the soft landing since it is still not recommended by the ircc right now. What about you?
That’s a bold stance lol... I’ve read on other threads how some people how soft landed so I’m leaning towards that... also seeing a lot of people complain about delays following their “ready to travel” web forms...

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
How would you react if they as you ‘are you here to settle permanently?’ ... I said what i said because i am not in a rush to travel but will start applying for the ready to travel webform months before i plan to go so there is enough time to transition you know.. good luck and please do share your experience once you do your landing. Good luck :)

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
How would you react if they as you ‘are you here to settle permanently?’ ... I said what i said because i am not in a rush to travel but will start applying for the ready to travel webform months before i plan to go so there is enough time to transition you know.. good luck and please do share your experience once you do your landing. Good luck :)
Yeah I’m also hoping that things are a bit more relaxed with soft landing around January/February... I’m being very attentive to changes... I’ll update you lol

Reactions: Reach-Canada

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Yeah I’m also hoping that things are a bit more relaxed with soft landing around January/February... I’m being very attentive to changes... I’ll update you lol
In my case jan/feb will be too late for soft landing as my visa expires in december.. but maybe they decide to extend soft landings let’s see... and by the way where will you be flying from? Keep in touch :)