+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - COPR

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
Yeah makes sense if you want to move sooner. My plan was to move next summer anyway so... cant do much at the moment. I hope things are clear after Christmas and you get to decide what to do. Keep me posted please :) where are you landing? And in which city do you live currently?
Yeah I’ll let you know how it goes... I’m thinking of Toronto, even though the rent there scares me lol... currently I’m in Lagos, Nigeria... how about yourself?

Torioh

Jan 18, 2021
Yeah I’ll let you know how it goes... I’m thinking of Toronto, even though the rent there scares me lol... currently I’m in Lagos, Nigeria... how about yourself?
Hey! Just following up with this. Did soft landing work? What did you have to do/say? And for those who let their visa expire, were you able to get another one? What was the process? I’m facing a similar dilemma.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hey! Just following up with this. Did soft landing work? What did you have to do/say? And for those who let their visa expire, were you able to get another one? What was the process? I’m facing a similar dilemma.
Hello! Hope you are well.
Did not go anywhere yet, the IrCc sent me a letter on dec 30 giving me 2 options, either travel with my expired copr by feb 2021 with an authorization letter from them, or if my plan was to travel after that date they asked for medicals to be renewed, and that new copr will be issued with 1 year landing visa - and that is the option i chose- did my medicals 2 days ago- now just waiting for everything to be updated on the system, i suppose this will take a couple of months or more. What about you? Did anyone contact you yet?
Good luck !!

Torioh

Jan 18, 2021
Thanks so much for your reply! So I’m just looking ahead. After completing my application in late 2018, COVID caused some serious delays and I only just heard back from them at the end of 2020. I responded to an ADR and I’m expecting PPR in the next few months. But I wanted to figure out what to expect in term of timelines of moving and soft vs hard landing in this new COVID reality and now that the new visas seem to only be valid for 3-4 months.

Thanks so much for your update. Howcome they were able to give you a 2 month extension? Did you do anything special? Also did you hear back from The Spectacle? Did he successfully land softly? His would be the most recent update on such.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Thanks so much for your reply! So I’m just looking ahead. After completing my application in late 2018, COVID caused some serious delays and I only just heard back from them at the end of 2020. I responded to an ADR and I’m expecting PPR in the next few months. But I wanted to figure out what to expect in term of timelines of moving and soft vs hard landing in this new COVID reality and now that the new visas seem to only be valid for 3-4 months.

Thanks so much for your update. Howcome they were able to give you a 2 month extension? Did you do anything special? Also did you hear back from The Spectacle? Did he successfully land softly? His would be the most recent update on such.
I hadn't asked for the extension but was writing to them on a monthly basis explaining why i cannot move before summer 2021 then they came up with the options - and havent heard from The Spectacle since his last post - havent been following the forums lately honestly. Are you planning on a soft landing or moving? I heard the extended the travel restrictions for another month- not sure if that is true or not.

Mubarak 2

Oct 1, 2020
Did not go anywhere yet, the IrCc sent me a letter on dec 30 giving me 2 options, either travel with my expired copr by feb 2021 with an authorization letter from them, or if my plan was to travel after that date they asked for medicals to be renewed, and that new copr will be issued with 1 year landing visa - and that is the option i chose- did my medicals 2 days ago- now just waiting for everything to be updated on the system, i suppose this will take a couple of months or more. What about you? Did anyone contact you yet?
Good luck !!
Hi,i have been written IRcc since march but no single reponse from them,how did u donur own.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi,i have been written IRcc since march but no single reponse from them,how did u donur own.
Hello,

i was sending them webforms- but not asking for anything just updating them on my travel plans. And they reached out on dec 30, its on their website that they will contact those with expired coprs without us having to contact them- is your expired?

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020
Good luck !!
Hey man, congrats.... glad you found a solution that works with your timeline

The Spectacle

Sep 16, 2020

Hey, I landed, not sure how soft it is, if it’s soft at all...but I’m here now, decided to take the leap of faith, cos I needed some flexibility down the line. Landing was smooth, no tricky questions.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hey, I landed, not sure how soft it is, if it’s soft at all...but I’m here now, decided to take the leap of faith, cos I needed some flexibility down the line. Landing was smooth, no tricky questions.
Happy to hear you made it!Will you stay or just wait for PR card and go back to your country of residence? i ma currently waiting for my PPR, i resumbitted my medicals a few weeks back and passed the test thank Gog - Just not sure how long it will take to request for PPR. Good luck!

visu7190

Jan 11, 2021
Hi All,

I know IRCC site explicitly says one has to come to canada to Reside Permanently and not leave for home country. But is there anyone who had landed in 2021, completed the 14 day Mandatory Quarantine and left Canada?

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi All,

I know IRCC site explicitly says one has to come to canada to Reside Permanently and not leave for home country. But is there anyone who had landed in 2021, completed the 14 day Mandatory Quarantine and left Canada?
I know a few people who did it in 2020, but i believe the IRCC are being quite strict and sending back people who should not be flying, even to reside now (post march 18 copr holders) - Better not risk anything at this point.