+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP - NOC in demand - work experience vs education.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Natugrl,
Can you advise me here too?
I'm a Computer Engineering grad. My concern is - my work experience/responsibilities are under NOC 2282 - User Support Techicians, which its academic requirement is computer Science/programming. Will this be an issue, considering my first degree being in computer engineering?
Maybe not since computer engineering and computer science are linked. If you have a masters though that could be an issue.

CrS350

May 10, 2022
Can we claim during study work experience for SINP EE candidate. Accepted for federal skilled worker program

CrS350

May 10, 2022
dear All, I have a question regarding NOC and Education. I have over 13 years of documented experience but just received my Masters degree few years back.

will I be able to claim Masters degree points for work experience gathered before this time period ?
can you please guide .can we claim during study points of work experience . I am SINP EE candidate

sheikh999

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-05-2021
Doc's Request.
09-12-2021
Nomination.....
11-01-2022
AOR Received.
03-03-2022
Med's Done....
24-02-2022
Passport Req..
23-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2022
LANDED..........
07-08-2022
dear All, I have a question regarding NOC and Education. I have over 13 years of documented experience but just received my Masters degree few years back.

will I be able to claim Masters degree points for work experience gathered before this time period ?
can you please guide .can we claim during study points of work experience . I am SINP EE candidate
Study and work experience at same period is accepted if they were completed outside Canada. My work experience period is 2010 to present and I completed my 2year masters in 2014. I have been nominated by SINP. But you have to make sure you have proper educational qualification for your work experience, study and work must be related.

Reactions: CrS350

CrS350

May 10, 2022
Study and work experience at same period is accepted if they were completed outside Canada. My work experience period is 2010 to present and I completed my 2year masters in 2014. I have been nominated by SINP. But you have to make sure you have proper educational qualification for your work experience, study and work must be related.

CrS350

May 10, 2022
Hello
I have a query about the calculation of points for work experience . I got double bachelors one in computer sciences completed in 2010 and other in education completed in 2020. I have been working from 2016 to till date in education sector and want to select NOC related to education as i am in education sector from last 6 years. But my degree in education was completed in 2020. That is 4 years bachelors according to WES and this is the requirement of my intended NOC employment.
So can i claim points for work experience during study that is starting from 2018 or only post degree experience that is 2020 _till.
Regards

tatanfc

Jul 11, 2022
Dear Experts,

Is BS Electronics and Communications Engineering degree matched with NOC 2281? Thanks

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Dear Senior Members,

I received an ITA from SINP recently and would like to take your expert advice.

I don’t have any Bachelors degree and got admission in Masters IT program directly due to professional experience. I have completed Masters and have WES equivalency (Masters in Canada)

I am claiming 10 years experience for SINP.

Will this be any problem as my Masters degree is dated 2019 but am claiming points of experience since 2011 ?

Please please please help me

My NOC 2281 education requirements is as below:

Employment requirements
Completion of a college or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

aishanabeel

Sep 13, 2022
@sheikh999 Please can you mention which year you completed your Bachelors ?