Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Iriscidiscent77 said:
You got nomination on Nov 30? How come your ITA didn't fall in the Dec 4 draw?

Just curious
I didn't accept the nomination in time

chCanada

Apr 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

My current employer is not ready to provide the work experience letter with job responsibility mentioned on it. Since the CIC also need the letter with roles/responsibility mentioned, So finally i am planning to talk to my manager and request him to write it on blank paper. Is there any specific format in which i should get the roles/responsibility written on blank paper and what all details should be mentioned on that letter?

Thanks.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chCanada said:
Hello Friends,

My current employer is not ready to provide the work experience letter with job responsibility mentioned on it. Since the CIC also need the letter with roles/responsibility mentioned, So finally i am planning to talk to my manager and request him to write it on blank paper. Is there any specific format in which i should get the roles/responsibility written on blank paper and what all details should be mentioned on that letter?

Thanks.
If you look a this link
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/express-entry
and open the application guide, its clearly mentioned the work experience document must
Documentation must include letters of reference from the supervisor or Human Resources Officer printed on company letterhead or the applicant’s official work book or other official government documents.
Each letter should indicate the following:
-your job position and dates of employment;
-your main duties/responsibilities;
-the number of hours you worked each week if the position was not full-time; and,
-the contact information of your supervisor or manager.

Printing them on a plain paper and obtaining signature will not help. That's my take on your question, just going by when SINP says and I believe CIC will need the same documents once you get your nomination/ ITA.
Cheers

san1483

Dec 14, 2015
Hello Guys,

I got request of additional documents for Proof of Funds.

I sent them detail email with all the documents which states that I have total balance more than $18,000.00 CAD
($14,740.00 CAD --Savings Account Balance
+
$4,500.00 CAD -- Term Deposit Balance
)

Today my application Status has changed back to "In Progress" and the Fund has been converted by them only for Term deposits (i.e. $14,740 CAD) they did not create Tab for the Savings Account.

My Query is : As per guide lines the minimum balance should be $14,853.00 and mine it is showing $14,740.00 is this a matter of worry or it will be fine to have $100 CAD Difference (as I have provided the other $4,500.00 CAD Documents)

Please help !!! I am worried...
Hope for the Best.. Figure Crossed.

Thank you again guys..

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
san1483 said:
Hello Guys,

I got request of additional documents for Proof of Funds.

I sent them detail email with all the documents which states that I have total balance more than $18,000.00 CAD
($14,740.00 CAD --Savings Account Balance
+
$4,500.00 CAD -- Term Deposit Balance
)

Today my application Status has changed back to "In Progress" and the Fund has been converted by them only for Term deposits (i.e. $14,740 CAD) they did not create Tab for the Savings Account.

My Query is : As per guide lines the minimum balance should be $14,853.00 and mine it is showing $14,740.00 is this a matter of worry or it will be fine to have $100 CAD Difference (as I have provided the other $4,500.00 CAD Documents)

Please help !!! I am worried...
Hope for the Best.. Figure Crossed.

Thank you again guys..
You must write your observation and sign the document and send it to immigration email address with the documents you submitted. This will cover you before any decision is taken by SINP.

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wagner__ said:
Hey guys,

Do you know if applicants that received nomination through provincial programs have been processed faster than others through the federal process? I am asking that because my application has been processed by SK and I have been wondering my timeline from the beginning until the VISA on my passport.

Thank you so much guys! ;)
Guys, has someone something to point out related to my previous question? ;)

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Yoda24 said:
If you look a this link
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/express-entry
and open the application guide, its clearly mentioned the work experience document must
Documentation must include letters of reference from the supervisor or Human Resources Officer printed on company letterhead or the applicant’s official work book or other official government documents.
Each letter should indicate the following:
-your job position and dates of employment;
-your main duties/responsibilities;
-the number of hours you worked each week if the position was not full-time; and,
-the contact information of your supervisor or manager.

Printing them on a plain paper and obtaining signature will not help. That's my take on your question, just going by when SINP says and I believe CIC will need the same documents once you get your nomination/ ITA.
Cheers
Hi You can follow the below recommendation to cure your job reference letter.

Job Reference Letter Problems with Employers

Sometimes people are reluctant to ask their current employer for such letters; for fear that the employer will become suspicious of them. Many times these cranky HR managers and stringent HR policies will become the biggest hurdle for you to get a Job Reference Letter as per your Expectations or not at all getting the Job Reference Letter. If this is the case, then you may ask colleagues for writing such letters. Such Letters can be taken on plain paper, if you can’t get it on Company Letterhead. Letters from colleagues must be notarized, and should state that he/she is working / has worked with you, and witnessed you performing certain duties. We work through some of the common issues or problems with job reference letters.

Letter Head Issues

If you are not able to get this Job Reference Letter on Company Letter Head, then
1. Please describe the reference letter with your NOC on a white A4 paper and get it acknowledged by your supervisor.
2. Take a copy of photo I’d (company tag photo id) of your supervisor of your company…get it signed by him on it and do attestation
3. Get a service letter from your employee stating you have worked from so and so time with your designation (Experience Letter)
4. Provide an affidavit supporting why you are not able to provide the reference letter in company letter head (see it here) and attach the service letter provided along with this affidavit
5. Submit appointment letter (if exists)
6. Submit Payslip (if exists)

No Letters at All

There will be instances when you will not be getting any success in obtaining Job Reference Letter. Some of the reasons may be:
 Company is closed down
 Supervisor/s you worked with are now with another employer
 HR Policies
 Your employer gives only experience letter and etc.
In such cases you can submit affidavit as an alternative to the work reference/job description letter:

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,
I have more than 5 years of experience in Software engineering (software development).
All my experience certificates mention 'Software Engineer'.

Software engineering is a regulated occupation in Canada. Do I need to obtain license / certification before applying for nomination program?
I have worked all along in software development and would be searching jobs in software development only.

Is there difference between 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers ) and 2174 (Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers).
2173 requires license while 2174 doesn't.
Can I apply under 2174 without the need of license, where my experience certificate shows me software engineer?

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya127 said:
Hi,
I have more than 5 years of experience in Software engineering (software development).
All my experience certificates mention 'Software Engineer'.

Software engineering is a regulated occupation in Canada. Do I need to obtain license / certification before applying for nomination program?
I have worked all along in software development and would be searching jobs in software development only.

Is there difference between 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers ) and 2174 (Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers).
2173 requires license while 2174 doesn't.
Can I apply under 2174 without the need of license, where my experience certificate shows me software engineer?
It's not about the designation but you need to map your roles and responsibilities to the skill in demand. If you think you are more aligned to 2174, you should be good.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
How to map roles and responsibilities.
All the experience certificates from my previous employers (4) just mention 'Software Engineer' in the job title.
Do I need to get the experience certificates again from all previous employers?

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya127 said:
How to map roles and responsibilities.
All the experience certificates from my previous employers (4) just mention 'Software Engineer' in the job title.
Do I need to get the experience certificates again from all previous employers?
Please use this link to find your NOC and look at the main duties of that role. Your experience certificates must have your organization name, designation, period of employment and roles and responsibilities (what you used to do at work).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

chCanada

Apr 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petertherock77 said:
Hi You can follow the below recommendation to cure your job reference letter.

Job Reference Letter Problems with Employers

Sometimes people are reluctant to ask their current employer for such letters; for fear that the employer will become suspicious of them. Many times these cranky HR managers and stringent HR policies will become the biggest hurdle for you to get a Job Reference Letter as per your Expectations or not at all getting the Job Reference Letter. If this is the case, then you may ask colleagues for writing such letters. Such Letters can be taken on plain paper, if you can’t get it on Company Letterhead. Letters from colleagues must be notarized, and should state that he/she is working / has worked with you, and witnessed you performing certain duties. We work through some of the common issues or problems with job reference letters.

Letter Head Issues

If you are not able to get this Job Reference Letter on Company Letter Head, then
1. Please describe the reference letter with your NOC on a white A4 paper and get it acknowledged by your supervisor.
2. Take a copy of photo I’d (company tag photo id) of your supervisor of your company…get it signed by him on it and do attestation
3. Get a service letter from your employee stating you have worked from so and so time with your designation (Experience Letter)
4. Provide an affidavit supporting why you are not able to provide the reference letter in company letter head (see it here) and attach the service letter provided along with this affidavit
5. Submit appointment letter (if exists)
6. Submit Payslip (if exists)

No Letters at All

There will be instances when you will not be getting any success in obtaining Job Reference Letter. Some of the reasons may be:
 Company is closed down
 Supervisor/s you worked with are now with another employer
 HR Policies
 Your employer gives only experience letter and etc.
In such cases you can submit affidavit as an alternative to the work reference/job description letter:
Thanks petertherock77 for detailed reply. For my case, I have received verification of employment and salary certificate from my employer, it mentions information about my job title/position, Number of hours worked each week on Full-time basis, duration of employment and salary except my roles/responsibility. I am planning to get the letter from my manager with my roles/responsibility mentioned on blank paper. Is there any specific format in which i need to create this letter on blank paper?

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chCanada said:
Thanks petertherock77 for detailed reply. For my case, I have received verification of employment and salary certificate from my employer, it mentions information about my job title/position, Number of hours worked each week on Full-time basis, duration of employment and salary except my roles/responsibility. I am planning to get the letter from my manager with my roles/responsibility mentioned on blank paper. Is there any specific format in which i need to create this letter on blank paper?
Rather than blank paper, get affidevit done for roles and get your managers signature.

chCanada

Apr 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xlnzee said:
Rather than blank paper, get affidevit done for roles and get your managers signature.
Thanks xlnzee. Is there any specific format to write this letter?