+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP application in PIU

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
Just as an aside, I'm going to guarantee you that you won't get a 0124 job in Saskatchewan (even if you get PR).

I am/was a 0124 with experience in working for major multinational companies and earned C$150,000 equivalent in the UK.

I had to drop to a 1123 and start at C$30,000 when I came to SK and earn my way back up. And I'm one of the lucky ones as I'm now one of the highest paid marketing talent in the province now, but it took me years to prove the value of my past international experience.

You will not be walking into Saskatchewan becoming a manager of marketing, so get ready to take 5 steps back in your career, provided you didn't commit misrepresentation and successfully obtain PR. On that note, it sounds like you tried to claim points for a family member living in Toronto. Please confirm if this is the case?

If it is, did you read the basis on which you could claim this in your EOI?
  • The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan. This includes a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category.
Yes he is nephew, first cousin and he has given me documents of SINP only that he has worked and live in SINP. So this will not help me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes he is nephew, first cousin and he has given me documents of SINP only that he has worked and live in SINP. So this will not help me
Is he your nephew or first cousin? Is he living in Saskatchewan now? He must living in the province now and for the last year. You say he lives in Toronto which is in Ontario.

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
Is he your nephew or first cousin? Is he living in Saskatchewan now? He must living in the province now and for the last year. You say he lives in Toronto which is in Ontario.
he is nephew, and current he stay in Toronto. So we cant count this point

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
he is nephew, and current he stay in Toronto. So we cant count this point
No. To count points for SINP as a family member, he must be living in Saskatchewan for at least a year. He has to show that he lives in Saskatchewan now. Toronto is in a different province, Ontario. So you should withdraw your nomination. If you don’t it will be stuck in PIU for years. Do you have enough points if you take away family points?

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
No. To count points for SINP as a family member, he must be living in Saskatchewan for at least a year. He has to show that he lives in Saskatchewan now. Toronto is in a different province, Ontario. So you should withdraw your nomination. If you don’t it will be stuck in PIU for years. Do you have enough points if you take away family points?
OMG so how can I withdraw my application any email id

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
OMG ban for this points but they can check with my nephew also has I have given passport of him and contact number also. If they ban then can my dependant child can move to canada study visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OMG ban for this points but they can check with my nephew also has I have given passport of him and contact number also. If they ban then can my dependant child can move to canada study visa
They may contact nephew to ask if he lives in Saskatchewan since he signed off on the sponsorship. They will have to verify this. Can’t comment on study permit as he is included in your application so ban would include him, I assume. Why would you count points for a person not even living in Saskatchewan?

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
my nephew told me that they want only Saskatchewan prove so i will give you but I dont know that they want in current situation otherwise I would not taken this point.

Really now I am worried that if they send me letter of ban then what I will do. And suppose ban is over then should I take risk for my child.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my nephew told me that they want only Saskatchewan prove so i will give you but I dont know that they want in current situation otherwise I would not taken this point.

Really now I am worried that if they send me letter of ban then what I will do. And suppose ban is over then should I take risk for my child.
What do you mean your nephew told you ”they want Saskatchewan prove?” Has he ever lived in Saskatchewan?

Close family relative in Saskatchewan
  • The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan. This includes a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category.

You can contact SINP and see if you can withdraw your application but it states that it can’t be withdrawn if in PIU. This is because misrepresentation is possible and in your case, if nephew doesn’t live in province, it is. He also signed off on the paperwork to support you.

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
What do you mean your nephew told you ”they want Saskatchewan prove?” Has he ever lived in Saskatchewan?

Close family relative in Saskatchewan

You can contact SINP and see if you can withdraw your application but it states that it can’t be withdrawn if in PIU. This is because misrepresentation is possible and in your case, if nephew doesn’t live in province, it is. He also signed off on the paperwork to support you.
I am trying to email in SINP if they withdraw my application. And yes he live in Saskatchewan but before 15 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am trying to email in SINP if they withdraw my application. And yes he live in Saskatchewan but before 15 years.
Again you misread the requirements of living in Saskatchewan now. You can try to withdraw but they can say no because of PIU. You may have to wait for PIU review and whatever consequences are given. Sorry.

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
Again you misread the requirements of living in Saskatchewan now. You can try to withdraw but they can say no because of PIU. You may have to wait for PIU review and whatever consequences are given. Sorry.
Anyway thanks for your good info will update you once I received an email from SINP or PIU

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
You understand what you have done is outright misrepresentation/fraud don't you? The SINP requirements are clear - they have to be living in Saskatchewan. The fact your nephew lived in Saskatchewan 15 years ago does not mean anything. Based on what you've told us, they have caught you red handed and are most likely lining up a Procedural Fairness Letter to punish you.

SINP states very clearly on its website under the Close Family Relative section: Please note that if the points are claimed fraudulently, the applicant will be suspended from applying to the SINP for up to five years.

I am very surprised you didn't use your "marketing manager" skills to carefully fact-check this before submitting your application, but I also think you knew what you were doing and tried to get away with it. Looks like you're facing a nervous wait for PIU results and will potentially face very serious repercussions.

I'm not sure if we should be helping OP - this isn't an "innocent mistake" and knowing she is claiming to be NOC 0124, a high-skilled, high-paying profession where fact-checking for accuracy is top skillset, she should have known better. You cannot be marketing things you don't have in your immigration application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D and smrmeo

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
You understand what you have done is outright misrepresentation/fraud don't you? The SINP requirements are clear - they have to be living in Saskatchewan. The fact your nephew lived in Saskatchewan 15 years ago does not mean anything. Based on what you've told us, they have caught you red handed and are most likely lining up a Procedural Fairness Letter to punish you.

SINP states very clearly on its website under the Close Family Relative section: Please note that if the points are claimed fraudulently, the applicant will be suspended from applying to the SINP for up to five years.

I am very surprised you didn't use your "marketing manager" skills to carefully fact-check this before submitting your application, but I also think you knew what you were doing and tried to get away with it. Looks like you're facing a nervous wait for PIU results and will potentially face very serious repercussions.

I'm not sure if we should be helping OP - this isn't an "innocent mistake" and knowing she is claiming to be NOC 0124, a high-skilled, high-paying profession where fact-checking for accuracy is top skillset, she should have known better. You cannot be marketing things you don't have in your immigration application.
Dear Sir, I dont have any idea regarding this mistake that person should available in SINP. But I dont know what is Procedural Fairness Letter. Anyway if they are checking all documents in application then they will contact my cousin. Now just waiting for their reply.