+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP application in PIU

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
Dear Sir,

I have submitted my application on 28th August 2021. On May 22 - 2022 status shows inprocess and on 27th July 22 I received an email from PIU review letter.

Can you help me that when this process take place to decision.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Sir,

I have submitted my application on 28th August 2021. On May 22 - 2022 status shows inprocess and on 27th July 22 I received an email from PIU review letter.

Can you help me that when this process take place to decision.
This is a volunteer forum so why did you receive a PIU because it means officers believe there is misrepresentation. What are your NOC and education? Profile? PIUs can take years to review as there are no timelines.

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
This is a volunteer forum so why did you receive a PIU because it means officers believe there is misrepresentation. What are your NOC and education? Profile? PIUs can take years to review as there are no timelines.
My NOC 0124 - Marketing manager - bachelor's degree

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
Does your PIU state the issue? Degree in what? So you are in marketing? Contact SINP to understand why.
No sir I have received PIU review letter that it is in process on the way if they fine normal then they will proceed might be before I received ineligible letter due to noc code

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No sir I have received PIU review letter that it is in process on the way if they fine normal then they will proceed might be before I received ineligible letter due to noc code
Sorry I don't understand. So you are saying the PIU says it will proceed if PIU finds no issues with your NOC. NOC 0 positions are executive positions so assume you are senior management.

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
This letter is in reference to your application under the SINP, application number .......
that was received on 28‐Aug‐2021.
You are receiving this letter to notify you that your application is undergoing a program
integrity review by the SINP Program Integrity Unit (PIU), which undertakes investigations
when SINP staff have concerns that misrepresentation may have occurred or there are
grounds to believe that an applicant and/or their representative have provided false
information on an application.
We are unable to share a specific reason or more detail at this point as the review is still
underway. Once we have completed the review, you will either (1) receive a Procedural
Fairness Letter (PFL) outlining the findings of our review; or (2) be notified that the integrity
concerns were not substantiated and your application is returned to regular processing.
Please note that we cannot tell you how long the review will take. The length of time for the
investigation cannot be estimated due to the varying complexity of each case and the
queue of cases. The PIU will contact you, or your designated third party representative,
and/or the institutions and employers you have identified for additional information or to
verify and confirm your qualifications, background and any information submitted in your
application.
As mentioned, the PIU processes these cases according to a queue system.  The status of
your application will be at PIU Review until you receive notification from our office. You can
view this status by logging into your online SINP account

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This letter is in reference to your application under the SINP, application number .......
that was received on 28‐Aug‐2021.
You are receiving this letter to notify you that your application is undergoing a program
integrity review by the SINP Program Integrity Unit (PIU), which undertakes investigations
when SINP staff have concerns that misrepresentation may have occurred or there are
grounds to believe that an applicant and/or their representative have provided false
information on an application.
We are unable to share a specific reason or more detail at this point as the review is still
underway. Once we have completed the review, you will either (1) receive a Procedural
Fairness Letter (PFL) outlining the findings of our review; or (2) be notified that the integrity
concerns were not substantiated and your application is returned to regular processing.
Please note that we cannot tell you how long the review will take. The length of time for the
investigation cannot be estimated due to the varying complexity of each case and the
queue of cases. The PIU will contact you, or your designated third party representative,
and/or the institutions and employers you have identified for additional information or to
verify and confirm your qualifications, background and any information submitted in your
application.
As mentioned, the PIU processes these cases according to a queue system.  The status of
your application will be at PIU Review until you receive notification from our office. You can
view this status by logging into your online SINP account
So SINP believes there is misrepresentation. As it says there are no timelines. You have yet to receive a PFL which will outline their findings. All you can do is wait. What is your degree in? Does your job responsibilities match the NOC of an 0 level executive? Any other reasons? Did you claim points for a family member?

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
degree in commerce and yes my job responsibility is Manager of marketing and I have claim point for family member which I have already submitted all documents. But I am worried that they will not banned na

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
degree in commerce and yes my job responsibility is Manager of marketing and I have claim point for family member which I have already submitted all documents. But I am worried that they will not banned na
But I am worried that they will not banned na - what do you mean? What family member has lived in Saskatchewan for a year? Have they sponsored anyone else? Working with income?

ritajingar

Sep 30, 2022
But I am worried that they will not banned na - what do you mean? What family member has lived in Saskatchewan for a year? Have they sponsored anyone else? Working with income?
Yes my husband cousin brother is in Canada first he was in SINP but current he is in Toronto for 20 years. yes he is government job

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes my husband cousin brother is in Canada first he was in SINP but current he is in Toronto for 20 years. yes he is government job
Husband's cousin? Is it a first cousin? Does he live in Saskatchewan now and has for at least the past year? If he doesn't live in Saskatchewan then you cannot count family points for SINP?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Just as an aside, I'm going to guarantee you that you won't get a 0124 job in Saskatchewan (even if you get PR).

I am/was a 0124 with experience in working for major multinational companies and earned C$150,000 equivalent in the UK.

I had to drop to a 1123 and start at C$30,000 when I came to SK and earn my way back up. And I'm one of the lucky ones as I'm now one of the highest paid marketing talent in the province now, but it took me years to prove the value of my past international experience.

You will not be walking into Saskatchewan becoming a manager of marketing, so get ready to take 5 steps back in your career, provided you didn't commit misrepresentation and successfully obtain PR. On that note, it sounds like you tried to claim points for a family member living in Toronto. Please confirm if this is the case?

If it is, did you read the basis on which you could claim this in your EOI?
  • The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan. This includes a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl