1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hello,
I got an invitation from SINP on Sep 15. I've 10+ years of experience.
As per SINP experience points:
5 years from the date of application = 10 marks (This I could get as my employment is continuous in the same company)
6-10 years from the date of application = 5 marks

Here I switched between 2 different companies. There is 3 days gap, out of which one day is a weekday during the switch from Employer1 to Employer2
Similarly another 1 day (of the same month) during the switch from Employer2 to Employer3.

Will SINP think the employment is not continuous? Awaiting some reply/feedback. thx
Hi,

So many Congratulations to you..

1 question to you, can you please advise what does this means? Is this means that person who has applied is willing to live in Saskatchewan only or they have to show some connections like family there? Please advise..
  • FACTOR II: CONNECTION TO SASKATCHEWAN LABOUR MARKET & ADAPTABILITY

• The principal applicant's points are calculated according to documented proof of a strong connection to Saskatchewan with genuine intention and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident. (Maximum total points = 30)

MikeKo

Sep 30, 2020
Hello,
I got an invitation from SINP on Sep 15. I've 10+ years of experience.
As per SINP experience points:
5 years from the date of application = 10 marks (This I could get as my employment is continuous in the same company)
6-10 years from the date of application = 5 marks

Here I switched between 2 different companies. There is 3 days gap, out of which one day is a weekday during the switch from Employer1 to Employer2
Similarly another 1 day (of the same month) during the switch from Employer2 to Employer3.

Will SINP think the employment is not continuous? Awaiting some reply/feedback. thx
Hi lakkrish,
I am not an expert but from my point of view it, unfortunately, won't count as 10 + 5 point. Only a full years are counted, so even a 1 day gap in your work history will nullify the continuous 5 year work experience.

MikeKo

Sep 30, 2020
Apart from this I have a bit trickier question. In my case I also switched a job during the last 5 years but I did it without gaps: I quit the job one day and the next day I was already an employee of the new company (with the same NOC of course). Can anybody answer will it count as full 5 years and grant me an additional 10 points?

sandy_can

Oct 20, 2015
Hi All
Good Day!

I had recently upgraded my ECA to course by course (Convert ECA to CxC). Yesterday my course by course evaluation was completed

In my course by course report, my Bachelor's degree that is BCA is marked as Canadian Equivalency (4 years) where as in my ECA report it is marked as Canadian Equivalency (3 years).

How can I have this corrected quickly? I have already raised this concern with WES, not sure how much time will they take.:(

Thanks
Sandeep Yadav

hiteshk

Sep 17, 2020
I also have a query on the work experience gap, In last 10 years, I also have 2 week cumulative experience gap, due to change in employers. I read on the other forums that it all depends on the immigration officer reviewing your file. Many members have suggested that few week gaps doesn't matter as long as there is proper explanation. Anybody with the same issue?? Any thoughts ??

I came across a very old CIC link, It says "For applicants in the SW1 category and temporary foreign workers in the SW3 category, anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2010/173-january-8-2010.html

Reactions: MikeKo

MikeKo

Sep 30, 2020
I also have a query on the work experience gap, In last 10 years, I also have 2 week cumulative experience gap, due to change in employers. I read on the other forums that it all depends on the immigration officer reviewing your file. Many members have suggested that few week gaps doesn't matter as long as there is proper explanation. Anybody with the same issue?? Any thoughts ??

I came across a very old CIC link, It says "For applicants in the SW1 category and temporary foreign workers in the SW3 category, anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2010/173-january-8-2010.html
Good job on finding this one, it sounds really promising for all of us. Let's hope this point hasn't been changed

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi,
Can someone please tell what will be the CLB score for below IELTS score. Below is our score but we cant figure out its CLB score.. Experts Pleas advise..
Speaking-7.5
Reading-6
Writing-6.5
Listening-6.5

According to CIC website it shows as below:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General Training – Test score equivalency chart
CLB LevelReadingWritingListeningSpeaking

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone has a template for the Settlement of funds or will be okay it will get a statement from the account and get it stamped by the bank.

Dec 20, 2018
Me and my wife does not have a birth certificate. I asked SINP and got this reply:

How to get Non-Availability Certificate or any other suggestions:---

You must provide a copy of your birth certificate for your application to the SINP. If a copy of your birth certificate is unavailable you must provide a Non-Availability Certificate from your country’s registry indicating that a copy of your birth certificate is unavailable and it should indicate a reason it is unavailable. When a birth certificate is unavailable, the SINP may accept two alternative pieces of identification that state the name of the applicant, date of birth, and the name of the father and/or mother.

Acceptable documents are:

- Education Documents with birth date and parent’s name;

- I.D. Cards (with date of birth and parent’s name);

- National Voting Card; and

- Family/Household Register

- Baptismal certificates (as long as the child, parents, and place of birth are all on the certificate)

Dec 20, 2018
Hello arorasaurabh82,

I just got a call from SINP contact office (I had earlier called them up and requested for a callback) and this is what they have to say:
If you do not have a Birth Certificate, then you should be able to provide any of these that clearly states your Name, Date of Birth and your parents name.
1. Education Certificate (preferably secondary education)
2. Any ID Cards (For eg: Voter's ID)
3. Any National ID Cards (For Ex: Aadhar Card in case of Indian Citizen) you may have

Provide any of the above document and attach an explanation letter along with it explaining the reason for not having a Birth Certificate and what you are providing in lieu of that.

My personal opinion, Attach the letter and provide all the documents(not just one) that have the above mentioned information.

About Licensing Requirements:
They were not able to confirm which certification to take, but they are sure that to get one is mandatory.
I think as one of the members here have stated, send a query to info@cips.ca and ask for guidance. I have sent am email already this afternoon. Will post if I receive anything from them.

I am adding here some additional information,
1. My EOI expires next year in Jan i.e. Jan 2021. They told me that, as long as I have submitted the application (that I'll do in the next 60 days), I don't need to file another EOI.
2. My English results are expiring in Mar 2021 and the same reason is applicable. So I don't need to worry about either of them expiring.

Hope it helps!
They ask for a non-availability letter from the govt. how that is possible? what are you submitting instead of that.

junegloom

Jan 15, 2019
Hi,
Can someone please tell what will be the CLB score for below IELTS score. Below is our score but we cant figure out its CLB score.. Experts Pleas advise..
Speaking-7.5
Reading-6
Writing-6.5
Listening-6.5

According to CIC website it shows as below:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General Training – Test score equivalency chart
CLB LevelReadingWritingListeningSpeaking
Your overall score is CLB 7
To be CLB 8, as per the table you provided, listening should be 7.5 and reading should be 6.5. Good luck.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Your overall score is CLB 7
To be CLB 8, as per the table you provided, listening should be 7.5 and reading should be 6.5. Good luck.
ok thanks a lot.. Wondering why there is no 6.5 under Listening in the above column..

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Can someone please advise if anyone contacted WES to reevaluate their education...

They have considered my brother's Master's degree as Bachelors 4 years degree, so was just wondering if anyone tried getting redone or requested WES again.
Also is it fine if we do with some other company too? Any advise which could be the best one for Master in Social Work (MSW) for evaluations so that it can be considered as Masters...

Please update.

Thanks

Last edited:

harsh_SINP

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Does anyone has a template for the Settlement of funds or will be okay it will get a statement from the account and get it stamped by the bank.
bank will provide you the letter...just need to submit a request to the bank asking for proof of funds...they will give you the letter....plus you should attach your bank statement...

Reactions: arorasaurabh82