+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

single, btech, 3+ work ex, CLB 10 - IELTS, CRS score 441. how to increase score?

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
i'm 24 years old, btech, 3+ years work ex (best possible for CRS) and have maxed out my IELTS score. my CRS is at 441. i'm sure there are many on the same boat. how could we improve our scores?
apart from getting married or taking TEF or doing an other diploma/masters, as these things will take at least an other 1.5-2 years...
i heard TEF is really tough and would be lucky to get 4 points, so that would be 445, which is not that much better than 441. 4 points is best case really...and this would take at least 8-10 months prep and 2-3 more months for the whole process
1 year diploma in some trash course from IGNOU...again 1 year for course, then exams, then 2-3 months wait for transcripts, then 2-3 more months for WES.....1.5 year wait
just not worth it i think...
does the job bank work? most of the jobs i checked required work permits, especially the big companies like oracle and amazon. so is there any point in even applying? why would they offer me job if they i would be joining them after 6-8 months?

please suggest.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
As far as I have read, job bank wont work. You should try for PNP nomination.
Also, be in the pool so that if score falls below 441 you will get an invite.

Parallely you can try for French language. It is hard, but can come quite handy now and later too. Also you will be adding one more skill .

The problem I see with doing Some trash PG is you cant be sure WES will recognise it. They are changing rules for India , so cant be sure about what will happen after 2 years .

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
As far as I have read, job bank wont work. You should try for PNP nomination.
Also, be in the pool so that if score falls below 441 you will get an invite.

Parallely you can try for French language. It is hard, but can come quite handy now and later too. Also you will be adding one more skill .

The problem I see with doing Some trash PG is you cant be sure WES will recognise it. They are changing rules for India , so cant be sure about what will happen after 2 years .
They are changing rules for India - Can you share the source for that please?

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
i'm 24 years old, btech, 3+ years work ex (best possible for CRS) and have maxed out my IELTS score. my CRS is at 441. i'm sure there are many on the same boat. how could we improve our scores?
apart from getting married or taking TEF or doing an other diploma/masters, as these things will take at least an other 1.5-2 years...
i heard TEF is really tough and would be lucky to get 4 points, so that would be 445, which is not that much better than 441. 4 points is best case really...and this would take at least 8-10 months prep and 2-3 more months for the whole process
1 year diploma in some trash course from IGNOU...again 1 year for course, then exams, then 2-3 months wait for transcripts, then 2-3 more months for WES.....1.5 year wait
just not worth it i think...
does the job bank work? most of the jobs i checked required work permits, especially the big companies like oracle and amazon. so is there any point in even applying? why would they offer me job if they i would be joining them after 6-8 months?

please suggest.
There are no other ways to increase your score officially - other than those you stated already. Further academics is the safest bet given your age in my opinion especially French as it strengthens your qualification for certain jobs in Canada and for the province of Quebec. Of course, 441 is not a bad score for PNP and if the draw turns out to be accommodating enough like it was usually in the previous year. Then you are good to go at your current score.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
They are changing rules for India - Can you share the source for that please?
They changed one in dec 2018 where colleges have to send transcript directly to WES. It is creating a lot of problem for alot of people.

They changed one before that too where MBA from universities apart from IIMs and IITs were not getting Masters equivalent degree.

That’s why I said that. Rest is up to you.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
They changed one in dec 2018 where colleges have to send transcript directly to WES. It is creating a lot of problem for alot of people.

They changed one before that too where MBA from universities apart from IIMs and IITs were not getting Masters equivalent degree.

That’s why I said that. Rest is up to you.
Been a party to those changes myself.

Created my profile on WES way before December but actually paid for their service only on 1st December. Fortunately, it was still 30th November in Canada lol but then a lot of people have been raising this with their universities right before the rule came in the work around that Mumbai University suggested is to put the university's address on the envelope and they'll sign it.

As for the Masters, I don't think Indian MBA or equivalent like MMS was ever considered to be a Masters degree by Canadian standard of education. It isn't about better or worse, it is just that they have a different system where bachelor is for 4 years and then masters degree follows for another two years. I think some were able to circumvent this through getting letters from governing body of universities in India which is no longer accepted from what I know. I hold a MBA as well and got evaluated to two degrees or more. My friend who studied with me in the same batch got a Masters evaluation. Although his timeline was early last year yet I believe that has to do with the fact that he had done bachelor in engineering which is a 4 year degree. That completes a 5 year education for him.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Been a party to those changes myself.

Created my profile on WES way before December but actually paid for their service only on 1st December. Fortunately, it was still 30th November in Canada lol but then a lot of people have been raising this with their universities right before the rule came in the work around that Mumbai University suggested is to put the university's address on the envelope and they'll sign it.

As for the Masters, I don't think Indian MBA or equivalent like MMS was ever considered to be a Masters degree by Canadian standard of education. It isn't about better or worse, it is just that they have a different system where bachelor is for 4 years and then masters degree follows for another two years. I think some were able to circumvent this through getting letters from governing body of universities in India which is no longer accepted from what I know. I hold a MBA as well and got evaluated to two degrees or more. My friend who studied with me in the same batch got a Masters evaluation. Although his timeline was early last year yet I believe that has to do with the fact that he had done bachelor in engineering which is a 4 year degree. That completes a 5 year education for him.
They considered my MBA as equivalent to masters without any letter and same is true for atleast 3-4 of my batchmates.

Also it is mentioned on their website that they are considering MBA from IIM and IIT as master equivalent.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
They considered my MBA as equivalent to masters without any letter and same is true for atleast 3-4 of my batchmates.

Also it is mentioned on their website that they are considering MBA from IIM and IIT as master equivalent.
Thats good for you but are you saying your bachelor degree was a 3 year course and your MBA isn't from IIT/IIM?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Thats good for you but are you saying your bachelor degree was a 3 year course and your MBA isn't from IIT/IIM?
My MBA is from IIM/ IIT. One of my Masters batchmate bachelor is of three years still his MBA was deemed masters.

Previously I knw people who got masters for MBA from FMS/ XLRI, but after the rule change it is not happening.

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
My MBA is from IIM/ IIT. One of my Masters batchmate bachelor is of three years still his MBA was deemed masters.

Previously I knw people who got masters for MBA from FMS/ XLRI, but after the rule change it is not happening.
There you go. There is a reason I said the following in my previous post:
Thats good for you but are you saying your bachelor degree was a 3 year course AND your MBA isn't from IIT/IIM?

From what I could make out of your sentence - you have a 4 year bachelor plus a mba from IIM/IIT. Even if it wouldn't be from IIM/IIT then you would still get a Masters evaluation. As for your batchmate, well, ofcourse again the condition I mentioned isn't satisfied so the evaluation is a Masters degree equivalent.

As far as the rule is concerned it isn't Canada that is changing the rules for Indians as a nationality. It is WES that has these rules set in. Here refer to this thread for more info
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-you-have-done-mba-from-india-do-not-opt-for-eca-from-wes.598555/

Happy to see people from IIM/IIT immigrating to Canada as well and yet it is a mixed felling then given that the opportunities they have in India are also mostly a class apart.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
There you go. There is a reason I said the following in my previous post:
Thats good for you but are you saying your bachelor degree was a 3 year course AND your MBA isn't from IIT/IIM?

From what I could make out of your sentence - you have a 4 year bachelor plus a mba from IIM/IIT. Even if it wouldn't be from IIM/IIT then you would still get a Masters evaluation. As for your batchmate, well, ofcourse again the condition I mentioned isn't satisfied so the evaluation is a Masters degree equivalent.

As far as the rule is concerned it isn't Canada that is changing the rules for Indians as a nationality. It is WES that has these rules set in. Here refer to this thread for more info
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-you-have-done-mba-from-india-do-not-opt-for-eca-from-wes.598555/

Happy to see people from IIM/IIT immigrating to Canada as well and yet it is a mixed felling then given that the opportunities they have in India are also mostly a class apart.
I will check that thread as it is quite possible that I might be wrong about it.

I think we have hogged mouserat thread :)
So let it rest. Also it is tough typing in bangalore traffic jam :)

People migrates for a lot of reason :)