+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN number - Changing from Temporary to Permanent

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks, @NOC98, Is there a way we can apply it online or we need to go to service Ontario for this? i tried googling it and didn't see any option to apply it online.
You can only renew your health card if you want to renew your Driver’s license as well. Only option is to apply in person.

Paol

Mar 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help me...
I have been in Canada for 4 years as a temporary worker ( SIN started with 9). renewing my WP every year.
I got the confirmation of my permanent residence on June 14th and being in the middle of my maternity leave. (starting now the parental benefit)

I went to Service Canada today to get my new SIN as a permanent resident and no problem. However, They told me I have to create a new Service Canada account under my new PR SIN. I have tried to do it many times but always send me an error code R0001 (no matter if I try with my bank or with a GCKey option).
I have already an account with my old SIN (the one that starts with 9 and It is linked to my bank account so I always used my bank account to get into service Canada account and CRA account as well. I'm trying now to create an account in both of them with my new SIN but both tell me an error. It says "The information entered does not correspond to our records" (All the information is right)

My question is:
- Do I have to wait until Service Canada process somehow my new SIN? (I went in person today and I got the paper right away).

On the other hand, I am receiving from CRA the Tax benefit Child, which I got a message on my account saying that I am receiving the benefit only until June unless I inform that I will continue with legal status to be able to claim it. (a new Work permit or a PR). I already sent them the eCoPR but no news yet about it. Now... my other questions regarding this are:
- Will They have a notice from Service Canada about my new SIN?
- Will I be able to create a new account with CRA once Service Canada processes it?
- Do I have to re-apply for the Tax Benefit Child under my new SIN?

To finalize:
I want to start my CPA studies and I have to take some pre-courses before I jump into the CPA itself.
I wonder if I may be able to take some of them during my maternity leave without affecting the maternity leave payments? (courses are part-time and online) I ask the lady in Service Canada but She told me I have to enroll in the school first and then check if the payment will be affected.

Thank you for the help.

chungdao

Jun 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help me...
I have been in Canada for 4 years as a temporary worker ( SIN started with 9). renewing my WP every year.
I got the confirmation of my permanent residence on June 14th and being in the middle of my maternity leave. (starting now the parental benefit)

I went to Service Canada today to get my new SIN as a permanent resident and no problem. However, They told me I have to create a new Service Canada account under my new PR SIN. I have tried to do it many times but always send me an error code R0001 (no matter if I try with my bank or with a GCKey option).
I have already an account with my old SIN (the one that starts with 9 and It is linked to my bank account so I always used my bank account to get into service Canada account and CRA account as well. I'm trying now to create an account in both of them with my new SIN but both tell me an error. It says "The information entered does not correspond to our records" (All the information is right)

My question is:
- Do I have to wait until Service Canada process somehow my new SIN? (I went in person today and I got the paper right away).

On the other hand, I am receiving from CRA the Tax benefit Child, which I got a message on my account saying that I am receiving the benefit only until June unless I inform that I will continue with legal status to be able to claim it. (a new Work permit or a PR). I already sent them the eCoPR but no news yet about it. Now... my other questions regarding this are:
- Will They have a notice from Service Canada about my new SIN?
- Will I be able to create a new account with CRA once Service Canada processes it?
- Do I have to re-apply for the Tax Benefit Child under my new SIN?

To finalize:
I want to start my CPA studies and I have to take some pre-courses before I jump into the CPA itself.
I wonder if I may be able to take some of them during my maternity leave without affecting the maternity leave payments? (courses are part-time and online) I ask the lady in Service Canada but She told me I have to enroll in the school first and then check if the payment will be affected.

Thank you for the help.
I think you need to create new service canada account and CRA account then everything will be linked. You don't need to reapply anything.
1. Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account/gckey.html and create your new profile, then call them to get PAC then once you have PAC, you're able to create your new Service Canada account
2. Create a new CRA account: go to https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individuals.html and choose option 2 to create a new one with new SIN then they will verify your information with tax 2020 information. CRA will send a code in 10 business day to activate your new CRA account fully.

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
I affixed a scanned copy of my signature. ServiceCanada accepted it:
I am a little bit confused. After you get your eCoPR you need to sign and send it back? I just printed, signed and I am using this document as if it is a pr card until mine arrives. The fact you said you've used your scanned signature I am wondering if I was supposed to sign and reply back to them

Yani88

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
I am a little bit confused. After you get your eCoPR you need to sign and send it back? I just printed, signed and I am using this document as if it is a pr card until mine arrives. The fact you said you've used your scanned signature I am wondering if I was supposed to sign and reply back to them
Hi do we need to send the COPR back to IRCc?
We sign COPR and sent ontario service for SIN