+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
The thread title is: Show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason.

I did not see COPR. And yes allot of us are trying to get our spouses here on TRV siting family reunification as “essential”.

You left your kinds and came to Canada, obviously our views on family being “essential” is not close to the same.
Do you know me to assume I left my children? They were finishing university and did not want to immigrate until after they were done their program. I have been attempting to get them visitor visas to have them visit but they are never approved. Who are you to judge me? Now they have COPR and still they cannot join me. Who the hell are you?

• Angry
Reactions: Laurahd

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Do you know me to assume I left my children? They were finishing university and did not want to immigrate until after they were done their program. I have been attempting to get them visitor visas to have them visit but they are never approved. Who are you to judge me? Now they have COPR and still they cannot join me. Who the hell are you?
My point is you could’ve waited until everyone in your family was ready to come to Canada together. But you chose to leave your kids and come on your own. And now you come here preaching that we should have patients, where was your patients? If you had patients like you were preaching than you would’ve waited until your kids were done adversity to come together. Obviously you missed your spouse and you want to be with her so you chose to leave your kids and come be with your spouse. And if not, then your are lying or not divulging all facets. Maybe you had to come here on an emergency but you did not say that and we do not see that. And I we come here complaining that the government is not letting us be with our spouse and you preach!

If I see fan boys come here I will not stand aside I will speak my mind.

I don’t judge. I state facts!

• Love

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
My point is you could’ve waited until everyone in your family was ready to come to Canada together. But you chose to leave your kids and come on your own. And now you come here preaching that we should have patients, where was your patients? If you had patients like you were preaching than you would’ve waited until your kids were done adversity to come together. Obviously you missed your spouse and you want to be with her so you chose to leave your kids and come be with your spouse. And if not, then your are lying or not divulging all facets. Maybe you had to come here on an emergency but you did not say that and we do not see that. And I we come here complaining that the government is not letting us be with our spouse and you preach!

If I see fan boys come here I will not stand aside I will speak my mind.

I don’t judge. I state facts!
My point is that you, a soldier, are attacking me on a personal front when the topic is not me. As a soldier, I expected to have an intelligent conversation with you. Instead, you malign me when you don't know me from atom. The reason I came to Canada before the children is because my spouse was diagnosed with leukemia. My children were both over 18 and had been living in dorms since entering uni. My wife needed me more. This was back in 2017. Nowhere did I preach patience or whatever else, my point was the fact that the government is being called shameless is uncalled for. Do you even know what fan boys are?

If you miss your spouse so much, why not join her in Vietnam? You are able so continue the sponsorship while living with her there. I'm done with you and your attacks. You have nothing to say but insults. Engage in a proper argument. I expected more from someone like you. Blocked.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
My point is that you, a soldier, are attacking me on a personal front when the topic is not me. As a soldier, I expected to have an intelligent conversation with you. Instead, you malign me when you don't know me from atom. The reason I came to Canada before the children is because my spouse was diagnosed with leukemia. My children were both over 18 and had been living in dorms since entering uni. My wife needed me more. This was back in 2017. Nowhere did I preach patience or whatever else, my point was the fact that the government is being called shameless is uncalled for. Do you even know what fan boys are?

If you miss your spouse so much, why not join her in Vietnam? You are able so continue the sponsorship while living with her there. I'm done with you and your attacks. You have nothing to say but insults. Engage in a proper argument. I expected more from someone like you. Blocked.
I didn’t attack you. I did not even quote you. You decided to quote one of my general statements, and that’s when I was forced to reply back. like I said I will not stand to the side

You know I’m a soldier and you expect me to go back to Vietnam and be with my spouse. Please tell me how I can do that? Canada unlike other countries maybe even the country that you came from work a little differently. That’s why we have many people wanting to come to this beautiful country. I can’t just up and leave! Service to country before self! If I wasn’t a soldier in a heartbeat I would be with my wife!

I defend the charter of Rights and Freedom. Because of soldiers like me you’re able to say whatever you want in Canada! I am more intelligent than you’ll ever know.

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
nowhere in your reply do i see anything that says the government is ENCOURAGING spouses and families to be together. it says BENEFICIAL but it does not say "hey you spouses and immediate family come to to Canada" (this is what encouragement is). They acknowledge that families being together is good but nowhere have I heard them encourage it, why? Because they know they cannot make it happen for everyone right now.
if "being beneficial for all parties" is not encouraged, what else should be encouraged? If we cannot even agree what is beneficial, how could we expect who can explain what essential is .

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
if "being beneficial for all parties" is not encouraged, what else should be encouraged? If we cannot even agree what is beneficial, how could we expect who can explain what essential is .
Beneficial means they agree it is good. The only thing I am saying is that the government has not been encouraging travels amidst this pandemic. It is not being shameless though I agree some are hypocritical (Doug Ford says don’t see your family then he goes and sees his daughters). Canada is not the only country with these types of restrictions. It doesn’t make the government shameless. Why don’t you start a petition about your suggestion? Surely there are a lot here who would want to sign it.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
You don't need to be so aggressive to everyone who has his own opinion and defend government so fiercely. We all know this is not normal times.

Every policy has its up side and down side. You can play safety card or you can play empathy card, but playing them both at the same time which appears to be good on all sides causes a lot of unnecessary confusion, uncertainty, worry from every part of country and people. If you want safety for the country, maybe you will like Chinese government's policy, it does not even allow their own people who have Chinese citizenship to go back in order to "protect" the people who are already in the country. But that is definitely not what we Canadians will be proud of our country.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You don't need to be so aggressive to everyone who has his own opinion and defend government so fiercely. We all know this is not normal times.

Every policy has its up side and down side. You can play safety card or you can play empathy card, but playing them both at the same time which appears to be good on all sides causes a lot of unnecessary confusion, uncertainty, worry from every part of country and people. If you want safety for the country, maybe you will like Chinese government's policy, it does not even allow their own people who have Chinese citizenship to go back in order to "protect" the people who are already in the country. But that is definitely not what we Canadians will be proud of our country.
I’ve kept to the topic. I’ve expressed my opinion without attacking personally. And I’m the one who is aggressive? Seriously? It is pointless to converse with people who resort to attacks when others do not agree with them. Good luck to you and yours.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Beneficial means they agree it is good. The only thing I am saying is that the government has not been encouraging travels amidst this pandemic. It is not being shameless though I agree some are hypocritical (Doug Ford says don’t see your family then he goes and sees his daughters). Canada is not the only country with these types of restrictions. It doesn’t make the government shameless. Why don’t you start a petition about your suggestion? Surely there are a lot here who would want to sign it.
Encouraging traveling and encouraging family reunion is different. I did not say travelling is encouraged. What I am saying is that government wants to appear they want family members to stay together (so that it can say it is empathetic) meanwhile they put essential travel along with it so that one reunification is more essential than the other (so that it can say it safeguards the people), this becomes more political than it has to be.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship

Well said my friend!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I’ve kept to the topic. I’ve expressed my opinion without attacking personally. And I’m the one who is aggressive? Seriously? It is pointless to converse with people who resort to attacks when others do not agree with them. Good luck to you and yours.
You take it personally with @CDNsoldier comment, which I think is neutral and not against you. But if you don't agree, that is your choice. And I think the the language you use is unfriendly, that is my choice. May peace be with you.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
the PM visited his family at their cottage for Easter.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
the PM visited his family at their cottage for Easter.
that is why I said politicians are shameless, they say one thing, they tell people to do something, while they do exactly the opposite of what they say. (fine print: though not every politician is like that)

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
The government could still provide us with an option to reunite with our family while protecting public safety. A lot of us are perfectly happy to quarantine with our loved ones at home, and the government could put in more measures to ensure that travelers are observing the rules. We have loved ones in Canada and want to keep Canada safe as well, that is why we want to bring this attention to the government so that they can introduce policies that balance public safety and our predicaments.

As a reminder, some of us are in the process of relocating internationally after a long wait, some are being forced to choose between family in Canada and spouses abroad, and some are separated from their spouses for months with no clue when they will ever see each other again. It's natural that we publish our frustrations sometimes, just like anyone would. But if you decide to call it out, please be kind.