+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I settle in Canada? Is it worth it?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
kum9999 said:
People who have already come here, theres little escape not easy 2 go back. Its for new people who want to come here, think nd come only if one is very sure. Bottom line..Canada is country of refugees and not immigrants.
What an ignorant comment..

funkypandaz

Mar 15, 2017
kum9999 said:
Iam not an ennglish profeeèssor, DONT WANT TO BE. India 3rd world, ur mistaken nd sick. Come to india and see now, india changed after 1990's.. INDIAN middle class live much bettrr then here.. I saw windsor and parts of toronto, hamilton. indian cities much better then that nd indians live much happier. Canada education no match for private schooling in India..most indians cld affird to send children 2 private schools and no wait tmes 4 medical treatments. I had to say this only bcas u have wrong picture of India. Most Indians who come here go back as they feel India is lot better. USA is different, bigger market better jobs, but think nd be prepared if u want 2 leave good job nd come here.
I am from India and I totally disagree with what you are saying. Most young people in India have only two options, either be an Engineer or a doctor. That is rote learning for the most part as well, they become dull soulless drones by the time they are done with their studies. No social interaction, no idea about how to mingle with the opposite sex and intense competition which makes a lot of students commit suicide every year.

I would choose Canada over India, for that matter any Western nation over India in a heartbeat.

Reactions: qureishi

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Once you have spent a few years in Europe / North America, etc and can integrate well, you will get used to that lifestyle and find life in India very difficult to adjust.

funkypandaz

Mar 15, 2017
xpressentry said:
Once you have spent a few years in Europe / North America, etc and can integrate well, you will get used to that lifestyle and find life in India very difficult to adjust.
I have lived in the US for 12 years now and pretty much consider myself culturally Western although I look Indian. I doubt if I would be able to adapt to the Indian lifestyle if I go back now, which is why I am looking to apply for a Canadian PR. The Green Card wait time in US is currently at 15 years and I don't want to spend all my life waiting for it.

I hope I can find a good future in Canada, I am of course going to work towards it but still hope that I would find opportunities there in Canada.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
Good insight.. But will you be moving back 100% on October? Or do you know someone who returned after spending a year or two with no plans to ever come back?

I see similar posts from people in initial years about things being so bad, but later when I check their profiles, I notice that they have moved on and be active in citizenship forums. There is a thread about someone struggling so much in winter, and by the way he had posted, you would have expected him to run from this place. But he still seem to be in Canada discussing about C-6 and never cared to respond back to his old post on what he finally decided despite many people requesting him of his whereabouts.
I think I am the one you are talking about and yes I am still in Canada but not because I want to but because there is no turning back. Over the years of precarious and under employments and with the family to feed on, our whole savings, proceed from sales of properties back home are depleted. And although I am now having a job, the pay is so conservative it is barely enough for subsistence without anything left for future savings. worst of all there are rampant implicit racism here that it is very hard to moving up if you are not locally born and bred or white. Competition for everything is fierce, even for kids to get into good schools or for anything here. Housing prices are too the roof and I wonder how people earning average income can ever have a roof of their own. car insurance is extremely unreasonable in big cities, talk about 10k a year for new drivers in Toronto. Canada gave big promises to skilled immigrants but they are empty promise.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
Canada gave big promises to skilled immigrants but they are empty promise.
Wrong, Canada promised me nothing, they granted me the right to live and work here, that is all. Everything else I have and achieved, I worked for. And since you brought up racism, I am white.

Reactions: Jakev

curious_toad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
I think I can understand those people coming from mostly Asian countries since their social status mobility upwards is similar to what we are experiencing in "Africa" - which is - our parents/grandparents worked hard either by themselves (self-employed) or for some not fair employers. And they have earned what they have built up unlike some people from a certain continent that went around stealing land and its resources, and annihilating the natives all for themselves and yet they are not satisfied that they still come to our so called 3rd world countries in the form of MNCs or some who come and marry the locals for temporary fun.

Countries like Canada and mostly those where the white caucasian forms the majority, are growing at a measly/not considerable pace in terms of GDP - under 2%. Whereas the non-white countries everywhere else are experiencing healthy growth rates of above 5% (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate#/media/File:GDP_Growth_By_Country_2016.png) - this is partly to do with population growth as well. Point being that from now till 2100 at least, these so called 3rd world will be dragging the western countries and their multi-national companies out of mud. These are the places to be if you really want to be working and making some decent money unlike youtube vlogging. My country is a good example since in the last 7 years we have seen huge number of white folks coming to our country in search of better opportunities and they are very visible on the streets unlike before. Our embassy in London was unable to cope with the number of applicants that they had to fly out extra staff overnight as per BBC news - food for thought.

Reactions: Svet81

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
curious_toad said:
I think I can understand those people coming from mostly Asian countries since their social status mobility upwards is similar to what we are experiencing in "Africa" - which is - our parents/grandparents worked hard either by themselves (self-employed) or for some not fair employers. And they have earned what they have built up unlike some people from a certain continent that went around stealing land and its resources, and annihilating the natives all for themselves and yet they are not satisfied that they still come to our so called 3rd world countries in the form of MNCs or some who come and marry the locals for temporary fun.

Countries like Canada and mostly those where the white caucasian forms the majority, are growing at a measly/not considerable pace in terms of GDP - under 2%. Whereas the non-white countries everywhere else are experiencing healthy growth rates of above 5% (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate#/media/File:GDP_Growth_By_Country_2016.png) - this is partly to do with population growth as well. Point being that from now till 2100 at least, these so called 3rd world will be dragging the western countries and their multi-national companies out of mud. These are the places to be if you really want to be working and making some decent money unlike youtube vlogging. My country is a good example since in the last 7 years we have seen huge number of white folks coming to our country in search of better opportunities and they are very visible on the streets unlike before. Our embassy in London was unable to cope with the number of applicants that they had to fly out extra staff overnight as per BBC news - food for thought.
which country is yours if you dont mind me asking.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
curious_toad said:

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the "Countries like Canada" that have "measly" growth rates have significantly larger economies, and as a result, the growth percentages appear smaller. It's always easier to start with a base of 10 and increase it to 15 to claim a 50% growth rate. However, when you start with a base of 1,000, an increase of 50 is still commendable even through you would likely classify it as "measly".

funkypandaz

Mar 15, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
I think I am the one you are talking about and yes I am still in Canada but not because I want to but because there is no turning back. Over the years of precarious and under employments and with the family to feed on, our whole savings, proceed from sales of properties back home are depleted. And although I am now having a job, the pay is so conservative it is barely enough for subsistence without anything left for future savings. worst of all there are rampant implicit racism here that it is very hard to moving up if you are not locally born and bred or white. Competition for everything is fierce, even for kids to get into good schools or for anything here. Housing prices are too the roof and I wonder how people earning average income can ever have a roof of their own. car insurance is extremely unreasonable in big cities, talk about 10k a year for new drivers in Toronto. Canada gave big promises to skilled immigrants but they are empty promise.
That's quite depressing to note.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
funkypandaz said:
That's quite depressing to note.
This is the experience of one person..how many people came to Canada and have a very different experience? Probably the majority..

I have a different point of view in this, Canada has been perfect and wonderful to me..I will always be grateful for that.

kum9999

Dec 31, 2014
funkypandaz said:
I am from India and I totally disagree with what you are saying. Most young people in India have only two options, either be an Engineer or a doctor. That is rote learning for the most part as well, they become dull soulless drones by the time they are done with their studies. No social interaction, no idea about how to mingle with the opposite sex and intense competition which makes a lot of students commit suicide every year.

I would choose Canada over India, for that matter any Western nation over India in a heartbeat.
Good luck. I recently a man in 40's from Gujarat India, he was so miserable, working in walmart for years and living in basement unit with his growing kids. Majoriy of the immigrants who came after leaving good jobs are in the same state, real success stories are far and few between.
Grass is always greener on the other side!.

Reactions: zoya.sharma016

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Are you still in Canada or gone back to India?