+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I mention my wife's Indian work experience?

joshi_spj

Jun 17, 2012
Hi everyone,
I recently received my ITA on 19th Oct. 2016 under the CEC class (482 points). I have been working in Canada for last 1 year or so. Now while filling up the PR application form, it asks me for my wife's past history of 10 years. (My wife is currently pursuing her PhD in Canada, though I don't think that really matters).
Now my wife's Indian work experience (between 2008-20012) doesn't really make any difference in out overall score, so strictly speaking providing/not providing that info shouldn't really matter. But if I mention that she worked in India will they ask for her reference letter/documented proofs etc? Providing those documents may not be easy for us. (I do have my employment reference letters BTW, so I am fine).
Moreover, it seems my document checklist would only be created once I have filled up all the forms, and submitted/paid the application fees? Is there any way of generating the doc. checklist without actually submitting the application? This way I might be able to check if they would ask for any document for my wife's past work exp. in India.
Thanks for your help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Since you already have the ITA, you are past the EOI stage. You are required to provide proof of work experience only for jobs you mention in your profile.

After that, in the eAPR stage where you are now, you need to complete the Background History document. You need to include EVERYTHING for both you and your spouse in the Background documents.

Letters of reference are only for the jobs mentioned in the profile, not other jobs mentioned in your background history.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
I recently received my ITA on 19th Oct. 2016 under the CEC class (482 points). I have been working in Canada for last 1 year or so. Now while filling up the PR application form, it asks me for my wife's past history of 10 years. (My wife is currently pursuing her PhD in Canada, though I don't think that really matters).
Now my wife's Indian work experience (between 2008-20012) doesn't really make any difference in out overall score, so strictly speaking providing/not providing that info shouldn't really matter. But if I mention that she worked in India will they ask for her reference letter/documented proofs etc? Providing those documents may not be easy for us. (I do have my employment reference letters BTW, so I am fine).
Moreover, it seems my document checklist would only be created once I have filled up all the forms, and submitted/paid the application fees? Is there any way of generating the doc. checklist without actually submitting the application? This way I might be able to check if they would ask for any document for my wife's past work exp. in India.
Thanks for your help
Hi, I am in Canada currently.
I have a question-In Canada,I am working in noc-b job and soon i am completing 1 year in that.
I came here as as student.My studies were done in 2015 and from 2015-2017 I was working in India which I told embassy while filing for student visa.But i was working in India on cash and the pay was low fr the tax slab-so i did not even file tax.

Now, I ma bout to file express entry-so want to know that is it mandatory to show Indian experience in that express entry profile?
My points are good enough with Canadian experience only.
I am concerned because for Indian experience, I have only experience letter.

Please let me know if anybody can help in these questions.

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi, I am in Canada currently.
I have a question-In Canada,I am working in noc-b job and soon i am completing 1 year in that.
I came here as as student.My studies were done in 2015 and from 2015-2017 I was working in India which I told embassy while filing for student visa.But i was working in India on cash and the pay was low fr the tax slab-so i did not even file tax.

Now, I ma bout to file express entry-so want to know that is it mandatory to show Indian experience in that express entry profile?
My points are good enough with Canadian experience only.
I am concerned because for Indian experience, I have only experience letter.

Please let me know if anybody can help in these questions.
After you get ITA you can put your experience under personal Activities. You wont need to provide anything if it goes on personal Activities

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
After you get ITA you can put your experience under personal Activities. You wont need to provide anything if it goes on personal Activities
But in tht period,I worked as a junior dentist.And in past 10 years history.I have added it also.What do u mean by personal activities.?If I am adding tht experience, my scores would be 510..And if only I am adding Canadian exp-ny scores go to474.How can I deny from that experience after ITA.