+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Is it normal not to have the background verification done by now? my AOR is October 25th.
Based on trends and not as an expert, I'd say it can even take several months. But hope your timeline follows the average and get it soon! Other applicants with a similar timeline may be more helpful, especially in cases in which there is a fingerprint request.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got all my language, prohibitions, physical presence completed now but the date was Nov 10, what will be the next step in this? my tracker still says
"Waiting on you" because they requested police clearance from me but i replied that in last 4 years i only stayed 151 days and not 183 days. I got no reply from them on this,. Do you think they consider my reply to them?

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
i got all my language, prohibitions, physical presence completed now but the date was Nov 10, what will be the next step in this? my tracker still says
"Waiting on you" because they requested police clearance from me but i replied that in last 4 years i only stayed 151 days and not 183 days. I got no reply from them on this,. Do you think they consider my reply to them?
If you call IRCC, agent might be able to tell you whether the issue has been resolved.

Also, from the other patterns LPP is the last thing to turn green. So wait 1-2 weeks to see if the Oath ceremony gets updated to in-progress, and if that happens its all good.

Reactions: warquezho

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
The latest expected time to receive it is two days before the starting date. (18th)
I’m still waiting and nothing even though today is the start of my test period.

I emailed them yesterday and still haven’t heard back though response time for that mailbox is few business days.

As another poster suggested above, I will proceed with the test given the link is available via tracker and my status shows I’m eligible to take the test.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
I’m still waiting and nothing even though today is the start of my test period.

I emailed them yesterday and still haven’t heard back though response time for that mailbox is few business days.

As another poster suggested above, I will proceed with the test given the link is available via tracker and my status shows I’m eligible to take the test.
Oh, got it. Unfortunately, there is no single process, -for god sake!- in the whole IRCC that follows a specific rule/timing! Hope when you log in, it accepts you as a confirmed user.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
When I submitted my application via paper I marked paper certificate, but due to some personal things potentially changing soon not waiting for the mailing of a certificate might be advantageous. When I called IRCC the agent did not know if there was a way to proactively let them know I'd like the e-cert option, but thought I could just tell them at the oath itself. Does anyone know if if I need to make it know proactively and if so, is there is a way to do so? Additionally, does anyone know if they send the paper certificate to the home address or the mailing address on file? Thank you in advance. @forw.jane I hope you don't mind that I tagged you here. I've seen you be quite helpful sharing your knowledge around the forum and I thought perhaps you had some insights to these questions or knew of someone else I could direct the questions to. Many thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
When I submitted my application via paper I marked paper certificate, but due to some personal things potentially changing soon not waiting for the mailing of a certificate might be advantageous. When I called IRCC the agent did not know if there was a way to proactively let them know I'd like the e-cert option, but thought I could just tell them at the oath itself. Does anyone know if if I need to make it know proactively and if so, is there is a way to do so? Additionally, does anyone know if they send the paper certificate to the home address or the mailing address on file? Thank you in advance. @forw.jane I hope you don't mind that I tagged you here. I've seen you be quite helpful sharing your knowledge around the forum and I thought perhaps you had some insights to these questions or knew of someone else I could direct the questions to. Many thanks!
e-certificate you can always ask for during your oath ceremony. If you want to do it now, raise a webform request and ask the certificate mode to be changed. See it that works.

Reactions: R17

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,
Paper application delivered on Sep 22 from Mississauga, still no AOR, not sure what hapnd?

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
e-certificate you can always ask for during your oath ceremony. If you want to do it now, raise a webform request and ask the certificate mode to be changed. See it that works.
@forw.jane - thank you so much for this information. Do you happen to know if there seems to be any trends/connection between choosing a paper certificate on the application and which type of oath ceremony they give you?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@forw.jane - thank you so much for this information. Do you happen to know if there seems to be any trends/connection between choosing a paper certificate on the application and which type of oath ceremony they give you?
No such connection. Any ceremony can have a combination of both.

Reactions: R17

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Hi,
Paper application delivered on Sep 22 from Mississauga, still no AOR, not sure what hapnd?
Looking at the Google sheet tracker, there are still about 12% of September applications, some earlier than yours, which have not received their AOR. I suspect some just didn't update the sheet. That being said, particularly for a paper application this seems rather long. May be worth reaching out to IRCC but before that go through the usual steps of checking junk/spam folder and making sure you're looking at the right email inbox.

Reactions: ThenT

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
My AOR is Oct 23rd, nothing since, BGC and test is in progress, will i get an email for test ?

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hello All,

I gave my exam on Monday , How many days it takes for the exam to be updated to completion over the portal.

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hello All,

I gave my exam on Monday , How many days it takes for the exam to be updated to completion over the portal.
Mine took 2-3 days. But also I dont check daily , the date on the online tracker reflected the date I took the test, but others can confirm