+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
What does everyone use for their In Process date? I was able to create my tracking account 2 days after I received my AOR, however I received an email 7 days after I created my tracking account telling me "You can now follow the progress of your application with our CItizenship Application Tracker." So does that date count as my In Progress Date? Or is it the date that I was actually able to create my tracking account?
two days after AoR

mos2k

Oct 19, 2018
How would you know everything is completed if tracker still says in progress? Did you call them? I thought tracker was what let us know exactly what’s going on with our application.
I have all sections Green (completed) and oath is in Progress (scheduled for Dec 07).

I also have ordered and recieved GCMS notes saying that the information requested was attached to thr application.

The email I received requesting for more information stated that I had to send information within 60 days. This was in January 2023, I believe if it was not added my remaining sections would not have been marked completed.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
It's been great to see progress on LPP/oaths and other pieces for Sept. applicants recently! I am curious how this week will go for progress with the holiday. Do any seasoned members of the forum have any insights based on other holiday times? Thanks!

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
It seems the LPP completion time is one of the most frustrating parts of this process. I realized from other forums and platforms that many people from 2022 or earlier this year are still waiting for LPP to be completed. On the other hand, when checking the timings for the recent months on the Google sheet, the wait times are reasonable(between two days and 20 days! after the test). It's a bit confusing. Any insight about that?
My understanding is, the difference is due to paper vs online applications. The switch was recent and it might take a bit for the system to adapt., possibly its smooth now than before. Firstly, test invite was much delayed with paper app as compared to online. My cousin's application took over 1.5years. He cleared the test, he had ever longest presence (10yrs), absolutely zero offences, only thing is he was asked to resubmit documents to support the language part. But who knows once your file is kept aside, when it will be picked up again.

Reactions: Manny2

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Hi all,

A question for the folks who completed the test, how was the test? and how did you prepare?

Does the subscription for www.citizenshipapp.ca worth it? Please advise.

Thanks.
This app helps you learn the textbook in a much more organized and focused way. I think five bucks for a week is worth it.
The main exam may be easier than what you see on the internet. The reason is that they will not bother you with less important dates and names. But the surest way to pass the test is to read all the materials. If you have trouble remembering, prioritize contents based on importance.

Reactions: Mr. E

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
My test period starts tomorrow but I haven’t received the test invite email yet. Should I contact them or does it usually arrive on the day?

Is there a phone number I can call or just the generic web form?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My test period starts tomorrow but I haven’t received the test invite email yet. Should I contact them or does it usually arrive on the day?

Is there a phone number I can call or just the generic web form?
Call IRCC - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

You need not wait for the email - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2022-citizenship-applicants.781857/post-10437046

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I just realized I’ve done a mistake in my application. At the question about immigration status other than PR here in Canada, and a citizen of my own country since birth, I’ve held the student status in United Kingdom. I don’t know why I put it England. My Uni was in London, England, but the country is UK. How do I fix this? How do I let them know?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I just realized I’ve done a mistake in my application. At the question about immigration status other than PR here in Canada, and a citizen of my own country since birth, I’ve held the student status in United Kingdom. I don’t know why I put it England. My Uni was in London, England, but the country is UK. How do I fix this? How do I let them know?
Does not look like a big deal which needs clarification. If you still want to, raise a webform request - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: Jorela

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
This app helps you learn the textbook in a much more organized and focused way. I think five bucks for a week is worth it.
The main exam may be easier than what you see on the internet. The reason is that they will not bother you with less important dates and names. But the surest way to pass the test is to read all the materials. If you have trouble remembering, prioritize contents based on importance.
With regards to mock tests, is it worth subscribing to it? Currently, I'm reviewing with Richmond library only. Toronto library is off atm. Anything else that has helped you?