+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Inland (Paper/Online)

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Does anyone know when the updated checklist came out? I submitted my spousal sponsorship application last week and I realized I used the august version of that form and today I noticed there is a new form dated for September. Will they reject my application based on that?
is there a significant change?

JM0930

May 20, 2022
is there a significant change?
Now that this application is online only they removed all the paper application details such as mailing addresses but they have not changed any of the sponsorship requirements or supporting documents. My checklist looks similar. I did try to research and I saw IRCC will accept the most recent version of the newest form so I think I should be ok. I am also not sure when the checklist form was updated as the online only option came into place on September 23.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Now that this application is online only they removed all the paper application details such as mailing addresses but they have not changed any of the sponsorship requirements or supporting documents. My checklist looks similar. I did try to research and I saw IRCC will accept the most recent version of the newest form so I think I should be ok. I am also not sure when the checklist form was updated as the online only option came into place on September 23.
You should be fine then. No need to worry

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Does anyone know when the updated checklist came out? I submitted my spousal sponsorship application last week and I realized I used the august version of that form and today I noticed there is a new form dated for September. Will they reject my application based on that?
It was updated on the 23rd. No one can tell you for sure if IRCC will return (not reject, that's a different matter) your application because of it. IRCC is known to return applications that had outdated forms, but some people believe there's a "grace period" right after a form has been updated.

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
It's not clear if the application is considered to be applied before the 23 of September when it's physically delivered 6 of September but there is no AOR yet. Will they refuse all applications without AOR?

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
This scares me a bit. My paper inland application was received by IRCC on 12 September. Do you have any idea, when did they added this form related change? Should I raise a webform to send this form and I have not received AOR yet? Please let me know if you have any clue.
Do you have AOR already?

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Here's the Google sheets tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=662182165

I haven't seen a WhatsApp group but feel free to create it and share ;)
I am trying to edit this tracker with my details, but Google is having a difficult time loading this page and when it does, I'm going on and offline.

I also posted a new thread - without seeing this one first. Would someone monitoring this thread be able to assist? Thank you!

EDIT:
I just found out about this website and forum, I sent my application with ExpressPost on September 12 and was received September 15, 2022 at CPC-MISSISSAUGA. Inland Paper Spousal for wife, with Open Work Permit and 1 dependent of spouse

Last edited:

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
It was updated on the 23rd. No one can tell you for sure if IRCC will return (not reject, that's a different matter) your application because of it. IRCC is known to return applications that had outdated forms, but some people believe there's a "grace period" right after a form has been updated.
I heard that "grace period" is may be 90 days.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am trying to edit this tracker with my details, but Google is having a difficult time loading this page and when it does, I'm going on and offline.
Wait a couple hours to open it, it's possible that there are too many people trying to open the file at the same time.
I also posted a new thread - without seeing this one first. Would someone monitoring this thread be able to assist? Thank you!

EDIT:
I just found out about this website and forum, I sent my application with ExpressPost on September 12 and was received September 15, 2022 at CPC-MISSISSAUGA. Inland Paper Spousal for wife, with Open Work Permit and 1 dependent of spouse
I'll have a look there to see if I can help as my husband and I are Mexicans.

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Hi there,
Hope you are doing well.
I was wondering if anybody applied for conjugal sponsorship on paper which was delivered in end of August or in September ?
Thanks in advance!

KARTH2405

Oct 27, 2018
Hi, I working on an inland spousal sponsorship application for my spouse. I have reviewed my application package, checklist and country specific requirements, and confirmed that IMM5562 - Supplementary Information - Your Travels is not listed on any of the lists, but I was confused by the instructions re: the online portal:

You must fill out these digital forms online
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Supplementary Information - Your travels (IMM 5562)

I looked up online and read comments stating that IMM5562 is now mandatory for all sponsorship program, inland or outland. Does that mean my spouse has to complete IMM5562?
Hellooo.
Just wondering if the the applicant has kids. I was preparing online app for my friend whose wife and kids are in Canada and imm0008 and imm5406 bit confusing about dependants in canada. If you have any thoughts please share..
Thanks

Annayyyyyyes

Sep 9, 2022
I'm gonna reply in English because my Chinese is sooooo rusty from rarely using it during the 10 years I'm here.

There was barely any talking during my medical exam tbh. The most complicated thing the doctor asked was a list a diseases and whether or not I had them. I guess it depends on how good your English is? If you feel like you would be much more comfortable with a Chinese-speaking physician, then by all means go for it.

Vancouver has an extremely large Chinese population; I would be surprised if you couldn't find a Chinese-speaking doctor there!
Thank you for your reply! You were right. I went to Vancouver city and it worth it. Communication is actually not difficult. Most important is that the environment is very clean and comfortable.

Just a quick update:
And l already got my ME, biometric and eligibility completed in 2 weeks!I also got pre arrival.Lucky me.
My understanding is that it seems that background verification is the most time consuming! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Thank you for your reply! You were right. I went to Vancouver city and it worth it. Communication is actually not difficult. Most important is that the environment is very clean and comfortable.

Just a quick update:
And l already got my ME, biometric and eligibility completed in 2 weeks!I also got pre arrival.Lucky me.
My understanding is that it seems that background verification is the most time consuming! Fingers crossed!
Was your application done online ?