+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Inland (Paper/Online)

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
yes. Online, Inland.
I am just curious, since thanksgiving holiday is coming, application review will be paused right? Hahah Wait game starts again.
You are right. If you dont mind , may I know when did you apply? Waiting game is tiring but inevitable. My application is on paper|outland and was worried about the change of checklist and shifting completely into online mode. However, I called IRCC today and got a temporary application number. Just a releif that they are not returning the application and it is in the process. :) No AOR yet. I guess another one or two months before AOR. best,

Last edited:
Reactions: Annayyyyyyes

Annayyyyyyes

Sep 9, 2022
You are right. Waiting game is tiring but inevitable. My application is on paper and was worried about the change of checklist and shifting completely into online mode. However, I called IRCC today and got a temporary application number. Just a releif that they are not returning the application and it is in the process. :) No AOR yet. I guess another one or two months before AOR. best,
I understand you! I got my application returned once. I was super nervous and worrying. No news is good news when we are talking about IRCC hahaha.

my timeline so far:
Resubmit my application and received-September 8
AOR and ME request- September 22
ME and eligibility completed-October 4
Biometric request and invitation to pre arrival-October 4
Biometric received-October 7

hope your AOR coming soon! Good luck with everything and to everyone!

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Annayyyyyyes

Sep 9, 2022
Just wondering hope someone can clear up my confusion: does “completed” mean “pass” on the page of application tracker?

Last edited:

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
You are right. If you dont mind , may I know when did you apply? Waiting game is tiring but inevitable. My application is on paper|outland and was worried about the change of checklist and shifting completely into online mode. However, I called IRCC today and got a temporary application number. Just a releif that they are not returning the application and it is in the process. :) No AOR yet. I guess another one or two months before AOR. best,
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is not guaranteed that your application won't be returned until you get AOR, aka a permanent file number starting with F. You can still have your application returned if you only have XF. IRCC also has not started processing your application until you get AOR. Just wanted you to have the correct info :)

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Thank you for your reply! You were right. I went to Vancouver city and it worth it. Communication is actually not difficult. Most important is that the environment is very clean and comfortable.

Just a quick update:
And l already got my ME, biometric and eligibility completed in 2 weeks!I also got pre arrival.Lucky me.
My understanding is that it seems that background verification is the most time consuming! Fingers crossed!
Pre-arrival isn't actually a step, btw. It's a generic letter and it can come at any point. There have been people who got this letter and still had their applications refused. I got mine a while ago and I just ignore it haha.

Glad your application is moving forward quickly! I'm also waiting on the background verification.

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is not guaranteed that your application won't be returned until you get AOR, aka a permanent file number starting with F. You can still have your application returned if you only have XF. IRCC also has not started processing your application until you get AOR. Just wanted you to have the correct info :)
Its all good and I had that idea as well. Waiting for the AOR now. best,

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Does anyone know when the updated checklist came out? I submitted my spousal sponsorship application last week and I realized I used the august version of that form and today I noticed there is a new form dated for September. Will they reject my application based on that?
I did the same for IMM1344. The new checklist has a new requirement for Canadian police certificate. I think now they apply on behalf of the applicant. I downloaded the forms like a month before I apply and I did not think they would change so quick.
Anyway, let's see. This should not be a major issue. They can request a new form If needed.
Good luck!

Annayyyyyyes

Sep 9, 2022
Pre-arrival isn't actually a step, btw. It's a generic letter and it can come at any point. There have been people who got this letter and still had their applications refused. I got mine a while ago and I just ignore it haha.

Glad your application is moving forward quickly! I'm also waiting on the background verification.

Thank you for your reply! I guess my application will starts to stuck at the background check. I was too excited!
Anyway keep hoping everything goes will! Happy thanksgiving!

Quebec1824

Oct 13, 2022
Hi all,
I have sent an application inland/paper on 19/september. Me and my partner(sponsor) were worried about any failure so we went through with a representative. We got confirmation letter from representative saying that it was arrived on 22/september. I am writing a post here to share timeline.

P.s i am not a native english speaker. So my post might not be perfect grammatically.

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hi all,
I have sent an application inland/paper on 19/september. Me and my partner(sponsor) were worried about any failure so we went through with a representative. We got confirmation letter from representative saying that it was arrived on 22/september. I am writing a post here to share timeline.

P.s i am not a native english speaker. So my post might not be perfect grammatically.
Good luck! Do not worry! You seem to be a very good English speaker!
All the best in your journey!

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
We applied online at the beginning of October and received AOR in 1 week. You can check my signature for the details. We decided not to wait until it is the response for the paper-based application.

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Just wondering hope someone can clear up my confusion: does “completed” mean “pass” on the page of the application tracker?
Did you manage to link your application to your account? To see the progress? I tried to link it to the sponsor IRCC account by UCI and Application Number and to the Principal Applicant account. but didn't manage it's been said that the application is not found. How do you track your process?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We applied online at the beginning of October and received AOR in 1 week. You can check my signature for the details. We decided not to wait until it is the response for the paper-based application.
I'm confused, did you apply twice?

Reactions: O.R