+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Inland (Paper/Online)

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi!
My husband and I finally submitted the Spousal Sponsorship application yesterday. Let's share our timelines here.

Reactions: ismailshiine

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Hi!
My husband and I finally submitted the Spousal Sponsorship application yesterday. Let's share our timelines here.
Hi, maybe a dumb question, but how do you apply online for inland spousal sponsorship with the open work permit? I'm looking everywhere, and I don't know how the OWP is supposed to be submitted. It doesn't show up on my list of forms to fill out. How do I include it with the spousal sponsorship application?

Any help would be appreciated.

We're hoping to submit my wife's application in the next few days, we only have a couple of things left, but the biggest one is the OWP.

Hopefully we can join this forum the proper way, right after we submit her application.

Thanks in advance.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, maybe a dumb question, but how do you apply online for inland spousal sponsorship with the open work permit? I'm looking everywhere, and I don't know how the OWP is supposed to be submitted. It doesn't show up on my list of forms to fill out. How do I include it with the spousal sponsorship application?

Any help would be appreciated.

We're hoping to submit my wife's application in the next few days, we only have a couple of things left, but the biggest one is the OWP.

Hopefully we can join this forum the proper way, right after we submit her application.

Thanks in advance.
Hi @bacidash,
You can't apply for the OWP at the same time if you apply online: I am sponsoring my spouse or common-law partner who is in Canada. Can they work while their application is being processed?

As per the link above, you have to apply online for spousal sponsorship, wait to get the AOR and then you can apply for the OWP.

If you want to apply for the OWP at the same time as the Sponsorship, you'll have to apply via paper. If you want to go this route you can only do so until September 23, after this date, all permanent residence applications will be online.

Reactions: saad_im

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Hi @bacidash,
You can't apply for the OWP at the same time if you apply online: I am sponsoring my spouse or common-law partner who is in Canada. Can they work while their application is being processed?

As per the link above, you have to apply online for spousal sponsorship, wait to get the AOR and then you can apply for the OWP.

If you want to apply for the OWP at the same time as the Sponsorship, you'll have to apply via paper. If you want to go this route you can only do so until September 23, after this date, all permanent residence applications will be online.
Is the paper application better? I was thinking of online, but if the paper application is better, maybe I can go that route. We're not really in a hurry, as we are living here with our kids.

Also, what happens to their status while the applications are being processed? Because as per TRV they can only stay 6 months, so if the time is almost up, how does that work? Or does the 6 months not count while the application is being processed?

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi @bacidash,

Hi,

So, when we get AOR we have to apply for OWP separately?? I already have closed work permit and it is kind of changes in work permit application, do you know what process I will have to follow.
I am planning to apply online Inland.

Thanks

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Is the paper application better? I was thinking of online, but if the paper application is better, maybe I can go that route. We're not really in a hurry, as we are living here with our kids.
Right now I've seen that people applying on paper with OWP get the latter within three months or less. It is my impression that if you urgently need an OWP you could benefit from applying on paper. But as I mentioned above, you would need to ensure your paper application is received by IRCC before September 23. Anything received after this date will be returned to you.
Also, what happens to their status while the applications are being processed? Because as per TRV they can only stay 6 months, so if the time is almost up, how does that work? Or does the 6 months not count while the application is being processed?
You need to apply for a visitor record if your family intends to stay for more than 6 months. Apply for the visitor record before the 6 months are up. If you don't extend, you risk being out of status if for some reason the Sponsorship application is returned.

Reactions: danilb88

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,

So, when we get AOR we have to apply for OWP separately?? I already have closed work permit and it is kind of changes in work permit application, do you know what process I will have to follow.
I am planning to apply online Inland.

Thanks
Yes, that's correct, you have to apply for OWP until you get the AOR if you apply online.

Reactions: danilb88

munnajazbaati

Nov 15, 2021
Do we have a tracker or whatsapp group for people applying inland spousal in September 2022 ? I am hoping my online application will be submitted sometime this week.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello!
Submitted online outland application for my spouse on 1st Sept 2022.
Waiting game begins now.
Hi Deepti,
Can you please suggest how did you apply online for outland application? I can't seem to find any application guide for this. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I can't seem to find any application guide for this.
We created an account to apply online here: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
What documents you need to submit, information related to that you can find here under Get your checklist, forms and instructions: https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

All steps are quite self explanatory. For any doubt/query make sure you are posting on the right thread. This thread can be a good place to start: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/

Reactions: rubz9911

Annayyyyyyes

Sep 9, 2022
My online application on July 31st was returned because I missed a signature. I have resubmitted today. So my timeline should start from today, right?

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I received a request to do a medical exam (SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FROM WITHIN CANADA).

However, I already have an active medical dated 31st Jan 2022. It has been only 7 months. When I tried to book a new medical, panel physicians said I don't need to, as it is already active.

On their suggestion, I raised a webform to IRCC requesting them to link my medical to my spousal sponsorship application.

I had already submitted the medical results with my online application when I applied. So should I try to book a new medical? Or is raising a webform enough?

Thanks guys