Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Hello guys,
medical/biometric, background,
Eligibility all completed. Recently copr document was updated but just document number nothing got in the email. Is it normal to get copr updated before paspport request?
100% normal, i got PPR 3 day after COPR document was updated and i also know some persons who got PPR 2 weeks later.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Hi everyone,
I got email regarding Passport Submission for my spouse but I have not received any .pdf letter attached with it to submit at VFS for getting my package and passport delivered to VFS.
How to get the Passport Request Letter in pdf form or it is just the email printout we take.

Thanks
Login into your gckey that is where i was able to download the PPR letter. email pdf or print out is fine too

AunPirzada

Jun 8, 2019
Just finished reading the whole thread. I am in the process of collecting docs and aiming to file the spousal sponsorship application in May this year.
I have arrived in Toronto just a week back.
I have a couple of questions if any of you could address please,

1- How important is it to stay in Canada after applying for your spousal sponsorship application? Can I move back to stay with my family after filing the application?

2- I have my COPR with me and not the PR card, can I apply with COPR only?

Looking for the answers to these questions everywhere and couldn't seem to find these so Please do reply if you know.

Thanks,
Aun

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just finished reading the whole thread. I am in the process of collecting docs and aiming to file the spousal sponsorship application in May this year.
I have arrived in Toronto just a week back.
I have a couple of questions if any of you could address please,

1- How important is it to stay in Canada after applying for your spousal sponsorship application? Can I move back to stay with my family after filing the application?
Permanent resident sponsors must be resident in Canada throughout. Short trips (think under a month, better 2-3 weeks) are okay.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Permanent resident sponsors must be resident in Canada throughout. Short trips (think under a month, better 2-3 weeks) are okay.
Stupid question, but please bear with me because I need to ask it. If the PR sponsor travels for 31 days, is that a short trip by IRCC standards? I know they don't have a definition for short trips, but I'm hoping you've seen enough cases to have a better judgement.

Here are some facts about the application:
- There's a very high chance that during the time the PR is away a decision will be made on the application. When the PR is travelling it will be 12 months since applying and 8 months since getting pre-arrival
- Sponsor has left Canada once (30 days) in the last 3.5 years
- Sponsor and PA haven't seen each other for a year
- Trip will be costly due to distance. So 3 weeks will barely be enough and it's 31 days because it's cheaper

My understanding is that the only thing IRCC cares about is the time away. They don't care about other factors as much. Is this correct? Will it be better in this situation to cut the time down to 21 days?

Thanks a lot for your insight.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Stupid question, but please bear with me because I need to ask it. If the PR sponsor travels for 31 days, is that a short trip by IRCC standards? I know they don't have a definition for short trips, but I'm hoping you've seen enough cases to have a better judgement.
My understanding is that the only thing IRCC cares about is the time away. They don't care about other factors as much. Is this correct? Will it be better in this situation to cut the time down to 21 days?
If they don't have a definition, they don't have a definition and no-one can say. Neither in terms of how it relates to the facts, or amount of time away, or whatever else.

(Odd it seems if it's your case that eight months since pre-arrival though - have you ordered GCMS notes? Tried MP? Applied for TRV?)

Nor have I seen enough cases to make some overall judgment or guess about what exactly they're looking for. Few enough that I could *speculate* that there's no logic behind it beyond "when a given officer decides to check" at some unpredictable point in the process. Note, I'm NOT saying that it's this random, but that trying to infer what the logic is or was highly prone to magical thinking, as facts could be consistent with a lot of different scenarios - including being entirely random (cant disprove that it's random). (Which some here will argue, "it's okay after [such-and-such eg SA]." I don't think that's clear. The only ones I'd be comfortable saying is after PPR probably fine, and after visa/copr in hand - even more probably fine.)

One quite consistent thing: filing the app while sponsor is abroad - clearly a bad idea. Leaving for lengthy trip right after filing the app and before AOR/SA - looks highly risky.

After that: hard to say and enforcement does not seem consistent.

If you wanted my judgment, I'd say being away less than a month (eg three weeks) is not very risky at all. I emphasize the 'less than a month' esp weeks because, in part, applicants/sponsors seem to want to stretch it out and/or argue what constitutes a 'short trip' (and they do. not. know.). Also because 2-3 weeks corresponds quite well with 'normal' employed-person vacation time in Canada.

30-31 days? Probably only a bit more risky than 3 weeks. But I don't know, and neither does anyone else. Much more than a month? Getting more risky. We don't know that the risk grows a lot or a little (it's probalby not linear).

I think that's about all anyone can say.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
(Odd it seems if it's your case that eight months since pre-arrival though - have you ordered GCMS notes? Tried MP? Applied for TRV?)
Sorry I wasn't clear, it will be 8 months by the travel date. It's currently 6. Called MP, they checked and said just wait. IRCC doesn't need any additional info for the application, they're just doing their thing. GCMS notes are pending, they requested an extension and haven't yet sent it. TRV, not yet. Mainly because no strong ties back home.

One quite consistent thing: filing the app while sponsor is abroad - clearly a bad idea. Leaving for lengthy trip right after filing the app and before AOR/SA -
This makes sense, and I can see why it's problematic. It's not the case here though.

30-31 days? Probably only a bit more risky than 3 weeks. But I don't know, and neither does anyone else. Much more than a month? Getting more risky. We don't know that the risk grows a lot or a little (it's probalby not linear).
This makes sense too. I guess once you go over the average Canadian vacation (2/3 weeks) you open up the door for IRCC to reject you. As long as it's 3 weeks they technically don't have a reason and the door remains shut.

All in all, I guess your answer is what I was afraid to hear. Guess I have to shorten it down and make the most by adding weekends to the mix.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This makes sense too. I guess once you go over the average Canadian vacation (2/3 weeks) you open up the door for IRCC to reject you. As long as it's 3 weeks they technically don't have a reason and the door remains shut.

All in all, I guess your answer is what I was afraid to hear. Guess I have to shorten it down and make the most by adding weekends to the mix.
I think you're overinterpreting what I've written above: I think the 2-3 weeks is unambiguously a short trip. I personally doubt eg 30 days makes much of a difference compared to 3 weeks.

But I do not know, cannot know, and whether to take 'taht risk' (however small it may actually be, and even if I think it's small) can only be your decision. And I'm aware that some here seem to think it is something they can negotiate mentally about 'how short is short' and convince themselves into believing eg many more months.

akglad

Dec 31, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2021
AOR Received.
06-01-2022
File Transfer...
13-01-2022
Med's Request
17-01-2022
Med's Done....
8-02-2022
Hello All,
I have been silent observer of this forum, thank you all for sharing details and insights so far. Thank you to all who updated spreadsheet regularly

App received:Sept 23
AOR1: November 26
Biometrics: January 11
Medical: January 12
SA: January 13
File moved to NDVO
AOR2: January 21
Biometric received: January 17
Medical received: January 31
Pre-arrival-Eligibility/Background(new tracker) : March 16
DM(ECAS): April 27
PPR: April 29

It’s frustrating that applicants of November and December started to receive PPR prior to September applicants but all of has been very patient.
Congratulations. May I ask, for you, when was the Eligibility and Background started or went in “In Progress” in the new tracker?

Reactions: Navs11

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
On March 13
Just to clarify, your Eligibility and Background Verification were at "Not Started" in the new tracker, and then changed to "In Progress" on March 13th, and then to "Completed" on March 16th - just a few days later?

I ask because for our application, both are still on "Not Started" and I'm wondering what to expect.

Reactions: Navs11

AunPirzada

Jun 8, 2019
Thanks for addressing my question. I remember reading about it (staying in Canada while you apply for a spousal sponsorship ) on IRCC's website too but does it say anything about the length of the trip as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for addressing my question. I remember reading about it (staying in Canada while you apply for a spousal sponsorship ) on IRCC's website too but does it say anything about the length of the trip as well?
No, it only says 'short trips' are acceptable. No definition.

My opinion, I think it's safe to say that trips in line with 'typical' Canadian annual leave (2-3 weeks, perhaps four) clearly are covered by this language. Above that - your ticket, =your risk.

pps_158

Apr 16, 2017
100% normal, i got PPR 3 day after COPR document was updated and i also know some persons who got PPR 2 weeks later.
Same in my case. CoPR No. and Expiry date showing in tracker on 29th April, but no PPR, now again updated on 3rd May but no email for PPR. Is is normal, when PPR expected please.

AunPirzada

Jun 8, 2019
No, it only says 'short trips' are acceptable. No definition.

My opinion, I think it's safe to say that trips in line with 'typical' Canadian annual leave (2-3 weeks, perhaps four) clearly are covered by this language. Above that - your ticket, =your risk.
Thank you very much. I am in the process of filing the application like I said, Could you please clarify one more thing please, We are a family of 3, me my wife and our son (5 years of age) and I am sponsoring them both, Do I need to submit IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation form and IMM 1283 Financial Evaluation form in our case? Been looking for answers on this forum but all posts are case specific so thought to ask it here.

Thanks