Sep 8, 2021

rhuaynalaya

Sep 16, 2021
Mexico
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi all, I am still on process to collect proof of relationship, but also I have some doubt on proper way to fill the forms:
-should the pass have more than 6 month fo validity ? my passport will expire at abr 2022 (7 month)
-same for national id, my id will expire on nov 2021 (2 month)
- regarding educational information: we should report certification no issued by universities? like Cisco certification ?
- on backgroud form: personal history / adresses : could i used "Current" , instead of yyyy-mm ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all, I am still on process to collect proof of relationship, but also I have some doubt on proper way to fill the forms:
-should the pass have more than 6 month fo validity ? my passport will expire at abr 2022 (7 month)
-same for national id, my id will expire on nov 2021 (2 month)
- regarding educational information: we should report certification no issued by universities? like Cisco certification ?
- on backgroud form: personal history / adresses : could i used "Current" , instead of yyyy-mm ?
1&2) Ideally both should have longer terms. But you can submit with current docs. Apply ASAP for new ones esp passport as you will need it. You can update with new documents #s etc via webform later in process.
3) If the form requests your certification number, submit it. If it doesn't - don't.

rhuaynalaya

Sep 16, 2021
Mexico
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mexico
1&2) Ideally both should have longer terms. But you can submit with current docs. Apply ASAP for new ones esp passport as you will need it. You can update with new documents #s etc via webform later in process.
3) If the form requests your certification number, submit it. If it doesn't - don't.
thanks for the answer, I will submit as far next week
-the 5669 form ask for " trade school or other post secondary school", which cause me doubts, I have been making Telecom certifications since I got my degree, but of course I have not attended a school for such.

I would like to add another doubts:
-Does it matter if the application is filled with capital or lower case letters?
-att 5532, Do amounts have to be in CDN dollars? both earn in MEX pesos last years
-Do we have to provide bank statements of all the institutions?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
-the 5669 form ask for " trade school or other post secondary school", which cause me doubts, I have been making Telecom certifications since I got my degree, but of course I have not attended a school for such.
It's a spousal sponsorship, and education not central to the app; tell the truth. If it's not clear how it fits the form, attach a letter of explanation. (Short)

I would like to add another doubts:
-Does it matter if the application is filled with capital or lower case letters?
-att 5532, Do amounts have to be in CDN dollars? both earn in MEX pesos last years
-Do we have to provide bank statements of all the institutions?
Capital letters: don't know. We just did it 'normal.'
Canadian dollar amounts. Approximate is usually okay.
Were you asked to provide bank statements? Do what's in the instructions.

rhuaynalaya

Sep 16, 2021
Mexico
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mexico
It's a spousal sponsorship, and education not central to the app; tell the truth. If it's not clear how it fits the form, attach a letter of explanation. (Short)

Capital letters: don't know. We just did it 'normal.'
Canadian dollar amounts. Approximate is usually okay.
Were you asked to provide bank statements? Do what's in the instructions.
Regarding the bank statement doubts: at IMM 5333 part-B , #5 Employment /source of income --> if you are not working in Canada --> we are including a financial letter, where we are explaining our savings, in order to support us, meanwhile we found a job. Here we have a doubt of the amount of months, could be 3 last months? of each account bank statements?

In fact we are also including a letter of explanation that we will move as soon as they give me the visa? How many explanation letters have you guys added?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Regarding the bank statement doubts: at IMM 5333 part-B , #5 Employment /source of income --> if you are not working in Canada --> we are including a financial letter, where we are explaining our savings, in order to support us, meanwhile we found a job. Here we have a doubt of the amount of months, could be 3 last months? of each account bank statements?

In fact we are also including a letter of explanation that we will move as soon as they give me the visa? How many explanation letters have you guys added?
Honestly there is no simple rule about what a Canadian couple returning needs to show - I don't think it comes down to simple 'months of bank statements.'

There are two things you need to address: how you will support your spouse/one another, which can be a combination of saving, jobs, experience, etc; and, intent to return to Canada - including capacity to support for first bit, employment plans, housing, etc.

We only provided eg one month of bank statements (but in Canada funds) and then other stuff.

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
One question..how we know that application is complete and they are processing it??
You gotta wait for AOR1. It is only then you know that your application is accepted by IRCC. It could take minimum 2 months for them to acknowledge. We have no other choice but to wait till then.

bharatmalik

Apr 25, 2019
I submitted my Outland Spousal application on Sept 15 through the new Permanent Residence portal. Anyone else using the new online application?
Hi,
Did you find the process of applying online easier by the new portal? How did u upload 20 Photos(mentioning on the back of each photo). Can you share your details so that we can connect. i am planning to apply now.