+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ashray007

Nov 2, 2017
Hey guys anybody on EI/CERB who got sponsorship approval? Does EI or CERB has any bearing on the application?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
My case is not complicated just one dependant, I don’t think they are prioritizing Outland online applications, they are trying to get who ever is inland first and that piss me off it’s frustrating dealing with immigration Canada
Try and keep being patient. Seven Sept online Outland apps were approved so far this week on the Tracking Tool. The average for AOR1 for Sept online apps is ~108 days. Only 19% of all Sept Inland apps have received AOR1 compared to 95% of Outland for those reporting on the Tracking Tool. Inland means your spouse is with you, Outland means they are likely not and IRCC is for reunification of families (or is supposed to be) so keep the faith. It'll come.

Reactions: Seven_up

rj2110

Dec 29, 2021
Hey guys, my application was received at CPC Sydney on 1st Sept 2021. I received AOR on 9th Nov 2021. Since then no movement in the file and only shows background check in progress. Is it normal process before SA.? How to get the timeline for the process from this.?
Thanks

bbr504

Jan 14, 2022
I submitted my Outland Spousal application on Sept 15 through the new Permanent Residence portal. Anyone else using the new online application?
Hi,
I want to apply for my wife and I am still in confusion whether to apply paper-based or online. Did you get your AOR?

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
Hi,
I want to apply for my wife and I am still in confusion whether to apply paper-based or online. Did you get your AOR?
Yes, I got AOR on Dec 23. Biometrics and Medical Exam just got processed.

I would suggest an online application. The logistics are easier.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi,
Online is not faster but it may be easier to send documents back and forth digitally. AOR1 for paper apps is taking ~65 days right now while online apps are taking ~100 days. Long term, we don't know timelines for both streams yet as the online app is still a pilot program and only a few months old.

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
I guess you should receive something soon, otherwise I recommend following up with your area's MP. Check the googledocs document as well where everyone has their information on, so you know by when to expect. The googledocs file link is on 4th or 5th page of this thread on someone's message, pls check.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Taha
What is 2nd AOR?

rj2110

Dec 29, 2021
So I have heard back from my MP , They told me that my application is still not been opened by any visa officer yet. So they told me to wait till then. What an incompetent organization is IRCC. It's been almost 4 months and they totally ignore it.
Hi,
I have a query regarding contacting MP.
1. How you contacted MP is it by email or Phonecall.?
2. What information you provided for the application (Is it just the application number with name of Sponsor and Primary Applicant or something else also)?

Thanks in advance.

offset

Jan 19, 2022
Applied online September 25. No AOR yet. I contacted my MP and they said it's too early for a follow up from the MP's office. It really depends on your MP. Some are more helpful than others.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi,
I have a query regarding contacting MP.
1. How you contacted MP is it by email or Phonecall.?
2. What information you provided for the application (Is it just the application number with name of Sponsor and Primary Applicant or something else also)?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, so let's do the contacting MP 101:)

You can find the contact details of your local MP from this link below
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/constituencies

1. I contacted them by both phone and email when I called no one picked up. However, I left a voicemail for a callback. I also send the email the same day. So it depends but it doesn't hurt to call first and if nobody picks shoot an email. They usually reply within a few days. They replied to my email within 2-3 days.

2. I will paste my email template for you. Attach your driving license scan copy with the email. They can also send you a consent form to fill out.

Good morning,
I am a resident of XXXX (city) and I have applied for a spousal sponsorship on Sep XX,2021.

-----------------------------------------Your Question-------------------------------------------
  • Sponsor Name (Last and First name) :
  • Applicant’s Full Name (Last and First name) :
  • UCI number for Applicant: if known
  • UCI number for Sponsor:
  • Date of Birth of Applicant :
  • Country of Birth:
I authorize you to collect and use my personal and/or confidential information for the
purpose of investigating or resolving the issue.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Applied online September 25. No AOR yet. I contacted my MP and they said it's too early for a follow up from the MP's office. It really depends on your MP. Some are more helpful than others.
Hi, call CIC instead, but they will give you cooked up answers. But it's still worth a try. Anyways I'm Sep 22 applicant with NO AOR.