+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
@Samoinp Congratulations! BUT, this is a perfect example of what I am trying to say - your timelines seem extremely close to mine and yet I have not checks completed as of yet!
Thanks, hear you. I was in the same boat until early last month. Stay positive. If it helps, i got the test invite from DN SCR Citizenship. May be center specific timing? All we can do is just guess.

jpan5

May 1, 2018
Thanks, hear you. I was in the same boat until early last month. Stay positive. If it helps, i got the test invite from DN SCR Citizenship. May be center specific timing? All we can do is just guess.
Not sure what service center that is, but I appreciate your comments. Absolutely, gotta stay positive!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
You absolutely DON’T NEEED! Oath WILL take time, maybe even a few months
Thank you @AngelicaAlves

So I should just attend the test around May 10 and leave for my trip and it should be okay? or should I appear for the test around May 25 just in-case?

Is everyone getting the oath invitation after a few months once they pass the test? Thank you!

AngelicaAlves

Aug 20, 2018
Thank you @AngelicaAlves

So I should just attend the test around May 10 and leave for my trip and it should be okay? or should I appear for the test around May 25 just in-case?

Is everyone getting the oath invitation after a few months once they pass the test? Thank you!
If you are unsure just take the test near to your trip just to be safe. When they schedule the oath they’ll give at least 1 week notice:)

Reactions: kimi_pat

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
I've just got test schedule update today, please update the tracker, thanks.

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1121days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 3, 2021
Application received: Sept 3, 2021
AOR: Nov 22, 2021
Ghost Update 1: April 7, 2022
Ghost Update 2: April 8, 2022
Background verification Completed: April 8, 2022
Citizenship test scheduled: Apr 11, 2022 (Window between April 15, 2022 and May 5, 2022, awaiting invitation email)
Test taken and passed: May 2, 2022
Test status updated to completed: May 4, 2022

Please update my tracker record. Thanks

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Same here. Nothing has yet began for my application even BG check as per agent 2 weeks ago. I applied online. I'll call them this week or next week to follow up to see if there is any movement . Did you apply online?
Same and it so frustrating not knowing when things will moved. AOR received on Nov 23rd.

Reactions: thuong and jpan5

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Same and it so frustrating not knowing when things will moved. AOR received on Nov 23rd.
Called again today. Agent said expect 27 months like what they mentioned on the website. Same answer, nothing has started for my application and it's still in a queue for BG check. Agent said the queue was long so expect few more months (4-5 months) and BG check was the first step, once BG check complete then I should start preparing for test. The processing time for BG to be completed depends on how straightforward my case is. Agent also denied that some applications moving faster than the others and said it's strange, not what she knew. So I guess there is no point for me calling IRCC again until seeing any actual movements because all are just vague answers. At least I knew my webform has been received and updated. Good luck to us!

Last edited:

duchessofc

Apr 5, 2022
Vancouver
Thanks, I will call them. The likelihood of my test being scheduled while I am away is very low, but better safe than sorry!
I've tried calling IRCC twice and I can't get through to speak to anyone. I used options 1-1-1-4-1 after entering UCI# but didn't get anywhere. Incredibly frustrating! I'm considering just submitting a web form anyway and just be done with it.

duchessofc

Apr 5, 2022
Vancouver
Called again today. Agent said expect 27 months like what they mentioned on the website. Same answer, nothing has started for my application and it's still in a queue for BG check, she said the queue was long so expect few more months (4-5 months), once BG check complete then I should start preparing for test. The processing time for BG to be completed depends on how straightforward my case is. Agent also denied that some applications moving faster than the others and said it's strange, not what she knew. So I guess there is no point for me calling IRCC again until seeing any actual movements
How did you get through to speak to someone?

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Wow, Congratulations. That was fast. Did you apply urgent processing ?
Thanks, No I did not apply for urgent processing.

But I did raise a web request that my PR card expired and was planning to travel in few months. Just after a day or 2 I got the oath scheduled update online.

Reactions: HVAC_Controls

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Is anyone here in the situation where their BG completed fast (within 1 month of AOR.. mine completed in Jan), but have had no updates or test invite yet?

I see for may the BG completed late in April and then the test invite came within 1-2 weeks.

Does anyone know if BG complete and test invite are even related, or happen independently?

rarrukjw

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
I just checked new traker on my status and language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions are completed :).
It shows me that changed on May 4th.
Also, ECAS(old trakcer) changed "Decision Made".

But my son application(minor) is not changed. I wish it will be change soon.

I wonder when the oath of citizenship will receive the letter. Best wishes to all other applicants as well.