+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
@Samoinp Congratulations! BUT, this is a perfect example of what I am trying to say - your timelines seem extremely close to mine and yet I have not checks completed as of yet!
Same timeline. Applied Sep 20, 2021 AOR Dec 7th but nothing completed so far.

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
So, I called CIC today and spoke to an agent pretty quickly. He did not help much beside saying that it takes 27 months and I should wait. When I said that some applications are being processed faster though submitted after, he said he cannot comment on that. I said great thank you, i would just wish that it was fairer since we all paid the same processing fee !

Reactions: thuong and jpan5

kakuyo

Apr 17, 2019
Hi, guys. I have my test done on Apr 30 while all other part except the ceremorny shows as in progress still. Is it normal to receive test invation before other stages finished? And after the test, how long extra time would it take to wait?

m3us

Oct 13, 2016
Hi, guys. I have my test done on Apr 30 while all other part except the ceremorny shows as in progress still. Is it normal to receive test invation before other stages finished? And after the test, how long extra time would it take to wait?
I received my test invitation before others were complete so I guess its normal.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
online (normal application)
Single application
Applied Sep 16
AOR Nov 23
Ghost update April 8
Background completed April 11
Test invite April 20
Test completed April 22
Language and prohibition: April 25
Physical presence: April 25
Test completed updated online: April 26
Oath invite: April 26
Oath schedule May 2

total application- oath : 7 months and half
Did they request fingerprints from you? Does everyone have to give fingerprints?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Just call IRCC, the agent said everything is in process, all I can do is to wait for IRCC to contact me, no required action from me. Also my application is processing at Sydney office. Are they a slow office? My AOR is Dec 10.

Reactions: Melsoob

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Just call IRCC, the agent said everything is in process, all I can do is to wait for IRCC to contact me, no required action from me. Also my application is processing at Sydney office. Are they a slow office? My AOR is Dec 10.
Same answer I got yesterday. Frustrating though!

Boubiyette

Mar 29, 2015
Your application is in Sydney because all application start there to do the background check once BG is Completed they send your file for processing to the nearest office where you live.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Your application is in Sydney because all application start there to do the background check once BG is Completed they send your file for processing to the nearest office where you live.
So it means my application is going no where yet, background check not even done. My friend who applied before me 1 month, she got her test invitation on Apr 22. I was hoping maybe mine would be similar timeline but I guess I can only wait.

Reactions: thuong and Melsoob

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
So it means my application is going no where yet, background check not even done. My friend who applied before me 1 month, she got her test invitation on Apr 22. I was hoping maybe mine would be similar timeline but I guess I can only wait.
My BG was completed on April 11 and still nothing has moved since then. Most people got their test completed.

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
My AOR is Dec 8 and agent told me 2 days ago that my application is in a queue in Sydney, means nothing has started yet, BG check hasn't started. She said it was a long queue so I should wait few more months. Doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Lettermails sent to CPC-Sydney are processed faster than web forms and those agents have more authority than web form agents. Send them a letter, tell them that it is time to say farewell and to send the file to your local office.

faraz999

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Req. - 05-02-2015 & Schedule A - 10-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
Hi Guys so just wanted to get the members opinion , below has been my timeline :

******Citizenship application******
Application type:
Applicant status: Single
Applicant location: Calgary , AB
Date submitted: 1st Sept 2021
AOR received: 22nd Nov 2021
Police clearance requested (UAE) : Mar 31, 2022 (Submitted same day )
Finger prints request: Apr 4th, 2022
Finger prints submitted: Apr 27th, 2022
Background check completed : Apr 28th, 2022
Tracker updated : Apr 29th, 2022

I got this message on my online profile post the fingerprint request which i thought will be taken down post them receiving my fingerprint result is this a glitch on their end or am I missing some document request ? "
Send us additional information
Waiting on you
You need to submit additional information.
  • We sent you a letter or email asking for additional information.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions to continue with your application"

duchessofc

Apr 5, 2022
Vancouver
Is anyone here in the situation where their BG completed fast (within 1 month of AOR.. mine completed in Jan), but have had no updates or test invite yet?

I see for may the BG completed late in April and then the test invite came within 1-2 weeks.

Does anyone know if BG complete and test invite are even related, or happen independently?
Yes I'm in the same position - AOR received December, BG completed soon after on January 18th, then nothing.

Reactions: Melsoob