+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, I would meet PR RO for 3 years post my transfer. I spent 2.5 years fully in Canada without a day outside Canada during the pandemic. Also, I will be in Seattle with the ability to drive to Canada virtually anytime if requested.
I had 1450+ days presence when I applied last month, and intend to update my residence to US address when I move in May 2022.
Also, I plan to take the test from Vancouver, but will need to use US government ID because my Canadian ID's will not be valid.
What do you think is my risk level?
Ah well. I don't know. Though the "intent to reside" rule was scrapped, not sure what IRCC will have to say about this. Given that they have asked you to let them know if you are in Canada so that they could "proceed with the application", I am not sure what they are going to do in this case.

But please keep me posted because this information might help someone else in need.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Ah well. I don't know. Though the "intent to reside" rule was scrapped, not sure what IRCC will have to say about this. Given that they have asked you to let them know if you are in Canada so that they could "proceed with the application", I am not sure what they are going to do in this case.

But please keep me posted because this information might help someone else in need.
My suggestion was this: talk to a lawyer and get them to draft (or look at a draft) the response. I think the phrasing can matter, beyond merely being honest.

Reactions: Narges844

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My suggestion was this: talk to a lawyer and get them to draft (or look at a draft) the response. I think the phrasing can matter, beyond merely being honest.
Well in this case, a lawyer could be an avoidable expense IMO. But if the person is willing to spend on a lawyer for this, then yeah, that would be ideal. The OP phrased it concisely, no unnecessary information was provided IMO but my concern is if IRCC will suspend / consider the application abandoned if the OP doesn't come back to Canada "soon" (not sure what soon is in this case either). 2 years is a long time, I guess.

Reactions: MrChazz

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
I had my ceremony yesterday (Scarborough office) and I am now Canadian.

We were about 80 people and the judge was from Montreal.
She was also a immigrant like us and her speech was far beyond what I could have expected, mentioning Black History month and the necessity to fight for racial and social injustices in dark times but also when things are doing good. She spoke in French and English and was so charismatic and thoughtful welcoming us in the Canadian family.

Shoutout to Marie, the officer who took my information and made me cut my PR before, she was so sweet and kind.

Good luck for everyone here. It's a long road, it can be stressful, but it's relieving when you finally can take this oath. You forget about the process and are so cheered up.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020

She was also a immigrant like us and her speech was far beyond what I could have expected, mentioning Black History month and the necessity to fight for racial and social injustices in dark times but also when things are doing good. She spoke in French and English and was so charismatic and thoughtful welcoming us in the Canadian family.

Shoutout to Marie, the officer who took my information and made me cut my PR before, she was so sweet and kind.

Good luck for everyone here. It's a long road, it can be stressful, but it's relieving when you finally can take this oath. You forget about the process and are so cheered up.
congratulations!!!

Reactions: UnBip

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Well in this case, a lawyer could be an avoidable expense IMO. But if the person is willing to spend on a lawyer for this, then yeah, that would be ideal. The OP phrased it concisely, no unnecessary information was provided IMO but my concern is if IRCC will suspend / consider the application abandoned if the OP doesn't come back to Canada "soon" (not sure what soon is in this case either). 2 years is a long time, I guess.
Yes, I too think he could avoid having to hire a lawyer. But if this (up there) is causing him sleepless nights, then paying for a lawyer might give some piece of mind.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Congratulations!

Feb 7, 2022
HI Guys, Got Oath invitation today.

My timeline below:
(Montreal office)

Application received - September 27, 2020
AOR - January 20, 2021
Test completed: Oct 28, 2021
Test status updated – Nov 1,2021
Background, Language, Prohibition, Physical Presence - Completed - January 10, 2022
Oath Ceremony: 17 Feb, 2022

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
Guys, Question;
if File status is Complete in ECAS and CLOSED in new tracker. Means they have mailed the Citizenship Certificate?

madhupa

Sep 21, 2017
hi, i have citizenship ceremony on Feb 18 but haven't received any email or notice till today feb 7 . Any idea when will i get an email.

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010