+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

FamilyFAZE

Jun 27, 2021
I don't believe COVID is a valid justification for work not to move forward.
Everyone is impacted by COVID.
I didn't stop working because of COVID because I had to pay my bills.
Despite COVID, I still had to find solutions and make sure my family's needs
were met while we all stayed safe.
Using COVID as a excuse for the government / government employees not to
show up to work or do their jobs is disgraceful.
Especially, in light of the fact that during COVID 95% of the country continued to work!

This is just an indicator of how they operate - lethargically as a mindset, inefficiently
technologically and inconsiderate to the community they have chosen to serve.

Sorry for the rant. Just letting off some steam :D

Reactions: Rehan123

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
What happened to Mississauga office? I think they are the second slowest office now after Vancouver or same. Scarborough is doing really good. Mississauga was so fast for inviting exam. But after that it’s totally dead at least for most of the people. Some people are lucky and some people got advantage of urgent processing.

Totally frustrating while I am seeing people from other office are getting Oath ceremony who got test invite after six months of my test.

Three months continuing after getting the decision made. Anyways maybe I paid less money as applications fee :p….or paid less tax than other people:p who got it faster.
True that! I am seeing a lot of oath ceremonies from other offices in the Facebook groups. Scarborough is killing it! Looks like it will be a long wait for us.

Reactions: Rehan123

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
What happened to Mississauga office? I think they are the second slowest office now after Vancouver or same. Scarborough is doing really good. Mississauga was so fast for inviting exam. But after that it’s totally dead at least for most of the people. Some people are lucky and some people got advantage of urgent processing.

Totally frustrating while I am seeing people from other office are getting Oath ceremony who got test invite after six months of my test.

Three months continuing after getting the decision made. Anyways maybe I paid less money as applications fee :p….or paid less tax than other people:p who got it faster.
I don't believe COVID is a valid justification for work not to move forward.
Everyone is impacted by COVID.
I didn't stop working because of COVID because I had to pay my bills.
Despite COVID, I still had to find solutions and make sure my family's needs
were met while we all stayed safe.
Using COVID as a excuse for the government / government employees not to
show up to work or do their jobs is disgraceful.
Especially, in light of the fact that during COVID 95% of the country continued to work!

This is just an indicator of how they operate - lethargically as a mindset, inefficiently
technologically and inconsiderate to the community they have chosen to serve.

Sorry for the rant. Just letting off some steam :D

No better place to rant or vent than here. At least you have an audience that understands your frustration and can offer some hope/solace.

Hang in there. The end is close and soon you'll be laughing about these days...

Good luck to all in the end game!

Reactions: Aquarius93

advocate_chd

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Just received an oath invite for Feb22,2022.
Mine is family application so we received 3 invitation emails with different seat numbers ….do we need 3 different devices to login??any suggestions?.. Thanks

• Love
Reactions: MaryC

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Mine is family application so we received 3 invitation emails with different seat numbers ….do we need 3 different devices to login??any suggestions?.. Thanks
Congrats
How long after the change for oath update in tracker did you receive email invitation?

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just received this email from CIC. Subject is “Request for Documents”
The email states this:

From the assessment of your application, it is noted that you were/are outside of Canada. We require an
update on your current status.
If you have not returned to Canada, please provide us with an expected return date in order to facilitate your
citizenship processing.
If you have returned to Canada, please submit any proof such as travel itinerant, e-booking confirmation, flight
confirmation, boarding pass or a Canadian date stamp from your passport to show that you have returned to
Canada.
For any scanned documents you submit, please do the following:
Convert any scanned documents to PDF format.
Rename the PDF document with your last name and file number:
"LAST NAME - APPLICATION #".PDF
Please respond by replying to this email at CIC-Surrey@cic.gc.ca by 2022-03-07
Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Office: Surrey IRCC
I gave my citizenship test from outside Canada and have been stuck outside since I left Canada a year ago. Now the issue is I don’t know when I can come back because the borders are closed where I am.
I am open to going back if they need me but can anyone explain 1) what I’m supposed to reply with 2) what they actually want and 3) if anyone else has received this.

Thank you in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just received this email from CIC. Subject is “Request for Documents”
The email states this:

From the assessment of your application, it is noted that you were/are outside of Canada. We require an
update on your current status.
If you have not returned to Canada, please provide us with an expected return date in order to facilitate your
citizenship processing.
If you have returned to Canada, please submit any proof such as travel itinerant, e-booking confirmation, flight
confirmation, boarding pass or a Canadian date stamp from your passport to show that you have returned to
Canada.
For any scanned documents you submit, please do the following:
Convert any scanned documents to PDF format.
Rename the PDF document with your last name and file number:
"LAST NAME - APPLICATION #".PDF
Please respond by replying to this email at CIC-Surrey@cic.gc.ca by 2022-03-07
Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Office: Surrey IRCC
I gave my citizenship test from outside Canada and have been stuck outside since I left Canada a year ago. Now the issue is I don’t know when I can come back because the borders are closed where I am.
I am open to going back if they need me but can anyone explain 1) what I’m supposed to reply with 2) what they actually want and 3) if anyone else has received this.

Thank you in advance!
1. Respond with the truth. Tell them you haven't returned to Canada because of border closures and give them a tentative date as to when you'll return to Canada.
2. They want to know if you are back in Canada in order to continue processing your application or proceed with the next steps, I think?
3. I have seen this a couple of times at least before though I don't remember the members who got them.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Got a tracker update for oath on Feb 23rd!
September 2020 applicant
Ottawa Office

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
someone pls update the sheet

Reactions: Kornet and Hot2Cold

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
One login should be fine. The clerk at the ceremony will guide you through the rest of the process and the naming convention to be used.

Reactions: advocate_chd

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
Have done the oath today. There were over 100 applicants from scarborough office. It was smooth 1:30 hour process.

They asked us to send Oath affirmation form which already sent and cut our PR cards infront of them online. Let see, how long it takes to receive Citizenship Certificate (they mentioned 2-4 weeks).

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting since long.

My DM was on 6 Jan 2022 and got oath invite on 31 Jan 2022 for Feb 04, 2022.

PKH7

Dec 27, 2020
My 65 year old mother law’s application shows decision made at ecas tool. All things are ‘completed’ except for language and citizenship test in the online tracker. Any idea how long it could take now?