+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Have done the oath today. There were over 100 applicants from scarborough office. It was smooth 1:30 hour process.

They asked us to send Oath affirmation form which already sent and cut our PR cards infront of them online. Let see, how long it takes to receive Citizenship Certificate (they mentioned 2-4 weeks).

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting since long.

My DM was on 6 Jan 2022 and got oath invite on 31 Jan 2022 for Feb 04, 2022.
Congrats

How did you send the Oath affirmation to them? by mail?

@rajkamalmohanram I appreciate if you can shed light on this one. Did you send any oath affirmation form by mail after your ceremony?

Last edited:

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
All lines in the application tracking website were set to “complete“ on February 1st, except the ceremony.

ECAS now shows “decision made”.

Can somebody please let me know what happens next?

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Just received an oath invite for Feb22,2022.
Mine is family application so we received 3 invitation emails with different seat numbers ….do we need 3 different devices to login??any suggestions?.. Thanks
I had the same question 2 weeks ago before my Oath.

The answer is: 1 family per device.

Login on Zoom with 'Seat X + Y + Z'

They will give you more instructions during the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot2Cold

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
1. Respond with the truth. Tell them you haven't returned to Canada because of border closures and give them a tentative date as to when you'll return to Canada.
2. They want to know if you are back in Canada in order to continue processing your application or proceed with the next steps, I think?
3. I have seen this a couple of times at least before though I don't remember the members who got them.
If I've been temporarily transferred to another country for work will jeopardise the application? I will be in such a situation in the future.

"I'm currently temporarily residing in XYZ country due to a intra company transfer. I'm expected to be back in Canada post this assignment in 24 months. However, I'm able to be present in Canada at short notice to attend any interview or ceremony".

I have more than 1500 days presence when I applied last month.

Reactions: w3rlgn

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Is it normal that I only had a request for passport copies but not fingerprinting at the time that I had my citizenship test? I saw many people have their application decided very soon after the test, but mine had been 3 or 4 months and it went completely quiet, and several of my friends were all called for interviews already. Feels kind of worrying.
normal i guess. happened to me.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
I don't believe COVID is a valid justification for work not to move forward.
Everyone is impacted by COVID.
I didn't stop working because of COVID because I had to pay my bills.
Despite COVID, I still had to find solutions and make sure my family's needs
were met while we all stayed safe.
Using COVID as a excuse for the government / government employees not to
show up to work or do their jobs is disgraceful.
Especially, in light of the fact that during COVID 95% of the country continued to work!

This is just an indicator of how they operate - lethargically as a mindset, inefficiently
technologically and inconsiderate to the community they have chosen to serve.

Sorry for the rant. Just letting off some steam :D
In this forum there was a PDF that was "uncovered" from CIC. It showed how COVID impacted remote workers and made it more difficult, more time consuming and involved more case agents. I don't think it was a case that government employees were not showing up to do their job.

Since I am in the same position as you, like all of us, waiting for the applications to be finalised, I was also annoyed by all of this, until I read that report. It highlighted that they were not prepared for this, which happened to most companies or organisations.

I hope your app gets processed soon. This has not been the best experience for most of us. You will find great relief when things move along. I only hope that one day I will stop checking the tracker everyday for something new, even though my tracker has been set to decision made and awaiting oath. Good luck!!! I'm Irish, so I hope I can transfer some of this luck to you.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Hi, scappa, Please share the email you asked for the reply? which office please?
Hey not sure if I relied to this... I dont want to share the email because it is the email address of a case agent, I dont think that it is appropriate to do this.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions if anyone with experience may kindly answer. My question stems from the fact that though I am done with the test, but would like to travel outside Canada now.

1. Is the oath cermeony being done solely online these days? or in-person, or both options available?
2. If online, can it be done from outside Canada?
3. I read somewhere about PR cards needed to be cut, is that true? Details?
4. If PR card is to be cut, then I wonder how would one get back to Canada, because Citizenship certificate will be mailed to Canadian address only, correct? I guess PRTD will be the only option?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If I've been temporarily transferred to another country for work will jeopardise the application? I will be in such a situation in the future.

"I'm currently temporarily residing in XYZ country due to a intra company transfer. I'm expected to be back in Canada post this assignment in 24 months. However, I'm able to be present in Canada at short notice to attend any interview or ceremony".

I have more than 1500 days presence when I applied last month.
Oh, for 24 months? Will you still meet the Permanent Residency obligations? I mean, the physical presence needed for citizenship is one thing. You should also continue to meet your PR residency obligations (2 years presence in Canada in a 5 year rolling period) until the time you take oath.

I don't know how IRCC would react to this but ALWAYS tell the truth when it comes to Immigration.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions if anyone with experience may kindly answer. My question stems from the fact that though I am done with the test, but would like to travel outside Canada now.

1. Is the oath cermeony being done solely online these days? or in-person, or both options available?
2. If online, can it be done from outside Canada?
3. I read somewhere about PR cards needed to be cut, is that true? Details?
4. If PR card is to be cut, then I wonder how would one get back to Canada, because Citizenship certificate will be mailed to Canadian address only, correct? I guess PRTD will be the only option?
1. AFAIK, online only.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. All citizenship grant applicants will cut their PR card on camera when the IRCC clerk is watching as you MUST NOT (and CANNOT) use it after becoming a citizen.
4. Nope. You can't use your PR card OR get a PRTD because you are NO LONGER a Permanent Resident once you take oath. You need a Canadian passport to enter Canada. You can't take oath outside Canada so you won't have this problem.

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone!

My timeline below:
(Scarborough office)

Application received - September 2, 2020
AOR - January 15, 2021
Test completed: July 1, 2021
Test status updated - July 2,2021
Background, Language, Prohibition, Physical Presence - Completed - January 20, 2022
Oath Ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: varlam

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hey not sure if I relied to this... I dont want to share the email because it is the email address of a case agent, I dont think that it is appropriate to do this.
Oh, for 24 months? Will you still meet the Permanent Residency obligations? I mean, the physical presence needed for citizenship is one thing. You should also continue to meet your PR residency obligations (2 years presence in Canada in a 5 year rolling period) until the time you take oath.

I don't know how IRCC would react to this but ALWAYS tell the truth when it comes to Immigration.
Yes, I would meet PR RO for 3 years post my transfer. I spent 2.5 years fully in Canada without a day outside Canada during the pandemic. Also, I will be in Seattle with the ability to drive to Canada virtually anytime if requested.
I had 1450+ days presence when I applied last month, and intend to update my residence to US address when I move in May 2022.
Also, I plan to take the test from Vancouver, but will need to use US government ID because my Canadian ID's will not be valid.
What do you think is my risk level?