+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
how do you guys know where is your application in which city??

I sent my application to sydney nova scotia.

can someone explain??

Thanks,
If you order your GCMS notes it will say which office your file is processed. Nova scotia will forward your application to different local offices to process after they receive it.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Question , if someone updates physical address to be outside Canada , does that move the file to a different office ? ( maybe Ottawa ? ) any information or problem can happen ?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Please share your experience briefly if possible.
Thank You
My Oath ceremony is complete as well -
1) Joined Zoom meeting 20 mins early by clicking on link in Oath Invite email attached pdf
2) Entered password to join
3) A message in chat said wait till all join and to change Zoom name to last name and room number but I could NOT find anywhere to change it but nobody asked for it later
4) a ceremony officer joined and introduced and said another junior officer will be here who is just shadowing
5) asked for Id (showed Health Card) then asked for PR card and told you should be ready to NOT travel for next 4-6 weeks and asked to cut it. I asked for expedited citizenship certificate processing but officer said I need to send in additional proof
6) then asked to wait and we will be transferred to main lobby (20-30 mins wait)
7) Transferred to main lobby and did the Oath and National anthem, then last 2 mins pictures
8) Judge left and Clerk told post ceremony instructions i.e., signing the Oath form (last page on pdf) and sending it in within 2 days (Remember you have to sign it in BLACK pen .. I asked if I could use blue pen which is not accepted per clerk) you can do the signing on printed copy then scan and send by replying to email invite or electronically where you will sign on blank paper scan/tkae photo and use Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign by using 'Fill & Sign' option -> 'Image' to insert onto pdf page then drag to the signature spots (2 signatures on last page) and then email. I would recommend to print it and sign then scan to pdf, cause it's few steps shorter ... also cause extracting the last page they say use print option but on my laptop did not see it so I bought trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro to extract last page. Remember to save file with naming convention mentioned in pdf instructions.

My total ceremony from joining to exit was 1 hr 45 mins

Last edited:

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
So Oath is all done.. could someone confirm the timeline for the certificate to be delivered?
The officer who I asked for expedited processing said in most cases the certificate should arrive in 2 weeks but to get it earlier need proof of urgency. Also in another thread here specifically regarding Certificate arrival time I think most posted they got it between 1-2 weeks with some exceptions.

Reactions: americanincanada

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I was trying to look at passport application requirements and they require guarantor and referrals. I am not sure I know enough people in Canada that might be ok signing as guarantor (I think they have to be PR or citizen) .. maybe referrals.

I think for Guarantor we can fill another form and use a notary for identity confirmation. Can anyone confirm if they used this option ?
For referral, can I use a friend from India or it has to be someone who lives in Canada / USA only ?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hello John, Can you please advise. I just took the test today and passed, however, those according to the email is just an unofficial test score, when do I get to find out that it is official?
The test status will be updated within a day or two online. Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was trying to look at passport application requirements and they require guarantor and referrals. I am not sure I know enough people in Canada that might be ok signing as guarantor (I think they have to be PR or citizen) .. maybe referrals.

I think for Guarantor we can fill another form and use a notary for identity confirmation. Can anyone confirm if they used this option ?
For referral, can I use a friend from India or it has to be someone who lives in Canada / USA only ?
Guarantors must be Canadian citizens who hold a Canadian passport that is either valid or is expired for less than a year. Referrals can be anyone, anywhere in the world but you cannot use family members residing at the same address as you as referrals.

Check this => https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

To answer your question, if you can't find a guarantor, there is a specific form that you have to fill and that form is NOT available online.

Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form
The Statutory Declaration in Lieu of a Guarantor form is not available online. To get the form

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Guarantors must be Canadian citizens who hold a Canadian passport that is either valid or is expired for less than a year. Referrals can be anyone, anywhere in the world but you cannot use family members residing at the same address as you as referrals.

Check this => https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

To answer your question, if you can't find a guarantor, there is a specific form that you have to fill and that form is NOT available online.
Thanks a bunch @rajkamalmohanram

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
My Oath ceremony is complete as well -
1) Joined Zoom meeting 20 mins early by clicking on link in Oath Invite email attached pdf
2) Entered password to join
3) A message in chat said wait till all join and to change Zoom name to last name and room number but I could NOT find anywhere to change it but nobody asked for it later
4) a ceremony officer joined and introduced and said another junior officer will be here who is just shadowing
5) asked for Id (showed Health Card) then asked for PR card and told you should be ready to NOT travel for next 4-6 weeks and asked to cut it. I asked for expedited citizenship certificate processing but officer said I need to send in additional proof
6) then asked to wait and we will be transferred to main lobby (20-30 mins wait)
7) Transferred to main lobby and did the Oath and National anthem, then last 2 mins pictures
8) Judge left and Clerk told post ceremony instructions i.e., signing the Oath form (last page on pdf) and sending it in within 2 days (Remember you have to sign it in BLACK pen .. I asked if I could use blue pen which is not accepted per clerk) you can do the signing on printed copy then scan and send by replying to email invite or electronically where you will sign on blank paper scan/tkae photo and use Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign by using 'Fill & Sign' option -> 'Image' to insert onto pdf page then drag to the signature spots (2 signatures on last page) and then email. I would recommend to print it and sign then scan to pdf, cause it's few steps shorter ... also cause extracting the last page they say use print option but on my laptop did not see it so I bought trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro to extract last page. Remember to save file with naming convention mentioned in pdf instructions.

My total ceremony from joining to exit was 1 hr 45 mins
Thank You for sharing your experience.