Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi... please update the spreadsheet:

Passport copy requested from CIC by Email: 29th October

Passport copy delivered by UPS:
1st November

When should I expect to receive DM?
Updated.

It's hard to predict when the DM will be made as it depends on other factors as well. The average as of now [EDIT] for September applicants is 59 days from test, but that is only factoring those that have got their DMs. For perspective, my was DM was 88 days after my test and about 75 days after my passport copies were sent to IRCC.

Generally you should get it after they review your PP copies. Hope you get it soon.

Last edited:

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1st November

I think it depends on the office and officer handling your file. Some people get DM in a couple of days. In my case I sent the copies of passport in early September and still waiting. No updates since.

Reactions: Amirdk82

Amirdk82

Jun 7, 2017
Montreal
I think it depends on the office and officer handling your file. Some people get DM in a couple of days. In my case I sent the copies of passport in early September and still waiting. No updates since.
My office is Scarborough....thanks for sharing your experience

Amirdk82

Jun 7, 2017
Montreal
Thank you so much...so i should expect another 3months after submitting passport copies for getting DM right?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Thank you so much...so i should expect another 3months after submitting passport copies for getting DM right?
As much as anyone would like to give you certainty, there is none. You could get it next week, next month, get rejected, get asked for more information. It all comes down to your specific case and the officer reviewing it. Sorry.

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1st November

It varies from office to office and agent to agent. I submitted my passport pages on July 15…after that no response, no update…it’s totally frustrating..but like Scarborough office, they usually complete DM within one month after receiving the passport. I am unfortunately from Mississauga office where my file got lost…

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My office is SCR too. I didn't meant that it would be an extensive wait time. For me, it's getting really long. I got GCMS notes couple of days ago and it 's it says residence, language and prohibitions haven't even started as of Nov. It's really frustrating for me. I hope that your wait wouldn't be that long. Good luck.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Citizenship test passed today.

Great news, my friend. We were in the same boat regarding late BG checks. I am very glad to see that there is progress in your case. I am still waiting for test invite. Did they ask you to send passport copies or to submit finger prints? I am trying to understand what exactly happened after BG were completed. Again, congrats. Have a great day.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
My background check has been complete since April 6. No other updates and no test invite. So don’t know what to tell you. Looks like it depends on the office. Alberta is one of the slowest ones. a lot of September applicants already had their oath ceremony while other haven’t been scheduled for the test. So no logical answer to your question, at least from me. Hope you hear from CIC soon. Good luck
Thank you my friend. Good luck.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news, my friend. We were in the same boat regarding late BG checks. I am very glad to see that there is progress in your case. I am still waiting for test invite. Did they ask you to send passport copies or to submit finger prints? I am trying to understand what exactly happened after BG were completed. Again, congrats. Have a great day.
They have not asked for the passport copies yet as I just finished with the test yesterday. Usually, the passport request comes after the test is cleared. Regarding the finger prints, they did ask for those in July as they required them to complete the background check. After the BG check is complete, I had to wait for 1.5 months for the test invitation. I hope that you will get your test invite soon.

Reactions: Matt-NL

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
They didn't ask me or my wife for fingerprints at all, and our BG checks were completed in September. Perhaps they do not ask every applicant for fingerprints as a standard procedure.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
I got the below today.
What are the next steps? Do I need to set up the test, or wait to get info?

Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test

Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between November 26, 2021 and December 16, 2021.
  • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
    • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions