+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After test, is it common to be asked for passport upload? What's the format, pdf book of all pages in color? I have two passports from two countries, guessing I need both?
Its very normal.
All passports from last 5 years in a pdf.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the citizenship test is currently being taken online, or in-person? People who have recently given their tests may kindly respond.

Secondly, is an interview also taken along with the test? Please clarify.

Thanks.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the citizenship test is currently being taken online, or in-person? People who have recently given their tests may kindly respond.

Secondly, is an interview also taken along with the test? Please clarify.

Thanks.
Test is 100% online. There is no interview portion.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Its very normal.
All passports from last 5 years in a pdf.
You mention a pdf. The email asks for a photocopy. Is there an option to upload it, instead of sending photo copies? Also, I have only received an email about this, will this also appear in my online tracker?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Test is 100% online. There is no interview portion.
Thanks for replying.

In that case, it should be possible to undertake this test from outside Canada, correct? I need to travel but have been postponing it just so that I could complete the test first. But the test request is nowhere in sight.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mention a pdf. The email asks for a photocopy. Is there an option to upload it, instead of sending photo copies? Also, I have only received an email about this, will this also appear in my online tracker?
Most people receive instructions to submit pdf by email, but some people have been asked to send xerox by mail. Please follow instructions as per the email you received.
Unfortunately it does not appear on the tracker.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Most people receive instructions to submit pdf by email, but some people have been asked to send xerox by mail. Please follow instructions as per the email you received.
Unfortunately it does not appear on the tracker.
If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at YOUR.OFFICE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

vinnyvince

Jun 27, 2021
Hey guys,

For those of you who have any info regarding fast processing of the citizenship certificate, can you please tell me what did you say?

I have a business trip coming on november 28th, oath is scheduled on the 15th and I would like to see if there is anything in particular I should say in order to get that fast processing.

Thanks!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my tracker now. Ceremony scheduled for the 25th. Before you all congratulate me, be advised that I'll make an attempt at getting an in-person ceremony, just in case it's possible and doesn't take too long. Asking won't hurt...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys,

For those of you who have any info regarding fast processing of the citizenship certificate, can you please tell me what did you say?

I have a business trip coming on november 28th, oath is scheduled on the 15th and I would like to see if there is anything in particular I should say in order to get that fast processing.

Thanks!
Well, just tell them the truth. Tell them you have a business trip coming up and you would like the citizenship certificate to be expedited. Ask them politely but firmly and they might do it for you.

Good luck.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Just checked my tracker now. Ceremony scheduled for the 25th. Before you all congratulate me, be advised that I'll make an attempt at getting an in-person ceremony, just in case it's possible and doesn't take too long. Asking won't hurt...
Those are great news. You're almost done.

Out of curiosity: why do you want in-person?