+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those are great news. You're almost done.

Out of curiosity: why do you want in-person?
The question is why wouldn't I want to have a real ceremony?

While I don't want to wait another year for it, I wouldn't mind waiting another 4-5 months to have that special moment. It's the crowning of an achievement, that began some 7 years ago, when I decided to move to Canada. I'd prefer to have a nice memory of it, in a crowded auditorium, my family taking the famous picture with the Justice of Peace and the RCMP Officer, the complete package. It's a single symbolic moment that I'm being deprived of, just when life is starting to get back to normal.

I didn't come here just looking for a powerful passport, but for a new place to love and call home.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
did they ask you for finger print?
Yes, in Mid of August, and submited to them directly. Then in Septmeber I did the test and it marked completed after few days. Today they marked the background is completed. I still have the language, prohibition and calculator in progress.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Yes, in Mid of August, and submited to them directly. Then in Septmeber I did the test and it marked completed after few days. Today they marked the background is completed. I still have the language, prohibition and calculator in progress.
finally the line is moving,,,

PianoMan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Halifax, NS
Category........
CEC
New update on the tracker!!

citizenship ceremony set to “in progress” on November 4, 2021

scheduled for citizenship oath - November 24, 2021.

Haven’t received an email confirmation with details yet but I hope I see something in my inbox sometime next week. Ah! Feel like this chapter is finally coming to a close!

Would really appreciate someone updating this in the spreadsheet, please.
Further to this, I received the email invite for the oath ceremony today, November 9.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Last night my wife predicted that we would get our oath invitation today. I am on the way to buy a LottoMax ticket as her prediction has come true! :D

I just saw the update on the tracker that we have been scheduled for the oath ceremony on the 24th.

I can't stop grinning.
Congratulations !

Reactions: Hot2Cold

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Last night my wife predicted that we would get our oath invitation today. I am on the way to buy a LottoMax ticket as her prediction has come true! :D

I just saw the update on the tracker that we have been scheduled for the oath ceremony on the 24th.

I can't stop grinning.
Congratulations!!! :)

Is your wife offering psychic readings? I would like to know the date of my oath too :D

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I can't stop grinning.
Well, well, well! Congratulations!

May be she can predict when I'm going to win one of these Lotto Max draws :D . I'll share the winnings :p.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Guys, I noticed that some of you get the test invite before your background is completed. I have so em questions: 1) My background is completed in September but I still haven't received the test invite. 2) I have seen that lots of you guys were requested to submit fingerprints before your BG was completed. I was never asked for it.
I wonder if everything processing-wise is OK with my case. I wonder what is going on since my BG is completed. Why is there no progress? How much longer do you think it might take until I get the test invite? It is quite upsetting and stressful this limbo.
I would appreciate any comments and info (please write in detail).

Reactions: sayedsameer84

seregatema

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Guys, I noticed that some of you get the test invite before your background is completed. I have so em questions: 1) My background is completed in September but I still haven't received the test invite. 2) I have seen that lots of you guys were requested to submit fingerprints before your BG was completed. I was never asked for it.
I wonder if everything processing-wise is OK with my case. I wonder what is going on since my BG is completed. Why is there no progress? How much longer do you think it might take until I get the test invite? It is quite upsetting and stressful this limbo.
I would appreciate any comments and info (please write in detail).
My background check has been complete since April 6. No other updates and no test invite. So don’t know what to tell you. Looks like it depends on the office. Alberta is one of the slowest ones. a lot of September applicants already had their oath ceremony while other haven’t been scheduled for the test. So no logical answer to your question, at least from me. Hope you hear from CIC soon. Good luck

Reactions: Matt-NL

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
My background check has been complete since April 6. No other updates and no test invite. So don’t know what to tell you. Looks like it depends on the office. Alberta is one of the slowest ones. a lot of September applicants already had their oath ceremony while other haven’t been scheduled for the test. So no logical answer to your question, at least from me. Hope you hear from CIC soon. Good luck
Yes, it's quite disappointing to say the least.

My spouse's BG was completed back in Mar 9, 2021. No test invite so far.
My fingerprints were requested in June, then sent and have been received since July 11, no test invite so far.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt-NL and MaryC