+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Just completed my test yesterday. I want to know how much time will IRCC need to reflect citizenship test completed on my dashboard? And from the people experience in here I think another 3 to 4 months for Oath ceremony..... Thanks in advance:)
Don't count on that timeline - my test was marked completed on June 10th and I still haven't heard anything 5 months later...

Jigzagula

Jan 16, 2021
@rajkamalmohanram I have a new update if you can add it to the spreadsheet

Nov 2, 2021
Scheduled for Citizenship oath * New update

Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 16, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Oct 25, 2021
Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

At the top of the page it's showing

----------------------------------

I moved from my previous apartment, but went there to check the MAIL I did not receive any Mail, neither by email, I checked the Junk Mail

PS: I changed my mailing address to the new address in ECAS a month ago but they did not change it to the new address

My Oath is in 12 days from now and I did not receive any instructions on how to do the ceremony, I hope this is not a mistake

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I have a new update if you can add it to the spreadsheet

Nov 2, 2021
Scheduled for Citizenship oath * New update

Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 16, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Oct 25, 2021
Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress

At the top of the page it's showing

----------------------------------

I moved from my previous apartment, but went there to check the MAIL I did not receive any Mail, neither by email, I checked the Junk Mail

PS: I changed my mailing address to the new address in ECAS a month ago but they did not change it to the new address

My Oath is in 12 days from now and I did not receive any instructions on how to do the ceremony, I hope this is not a mistake
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Oath letters are sent via email. Not mail. You can expect your email anytime now. Might be sent 1 week before the ceremony date.

At the ceremony, let the clerk know that you've changed the address and you'd like the citizenship certificate sent to the new address.

Reactions: Jigzagula

madan17

Dec 9, 2016
I didnot receive the email of citizenship test yet. I opened the status tracker and there is a link " click for citizenship test" , go in there you will find every thing you need to know and you can complete test as well. Good luck.

Reactions: syedahraza

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didnot receive the email of citizenship test yet. I opened the status tracker and there is a link " click for citizenship test" , go in there you will find every thing you need to know and you can complete test as well. Good luck.
Thank you. That is a relief.

Nokib

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Other
Still now did not receive the Oath invitation email. Tracker was updated on 29 October. When should I receive the Oath invitation email?

PianoMan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Halifax, NS
Category........
CEC
New update on the tracker!!

citizenship ceremony set to “in progress” on November 4, 2021

scheduled for citizenship oath - November 24, 2021.

Haven’t received an email confirmation with details yet but I hope I see something in my inbox sometime next week. Ah! Feel like this chapter is finally coming to a close!

Would really appreciate someone updating this in the spreadsheet, please.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Haven’t received an email confirmation with details yet but I hope I see something in my inbox sometime next week. Ah! Feel like this chapter is finally coming to a close!

Congrats! I have updated the spreadsheet!

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021

Congratulations! :) Amazing news!

Reactions: PianoMan

madan17

Dec 9, 2016
citizenship application dropped - sep 28 2020
File number - Dec 17 2020
Back ground completed - March 28 2021
Test dates received - Nov 3 to Nov 23 2021
Processing Office - London,ON.
Test completed on - Nov 3 2021 (without receiving a email)
Status updated to completed - Nov 5 2021

Reactions: MaryC

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
After test, is it common to be asked for passport upload? What's the format, pdf book of all pages in color? I have two passports from two countries, guessing I need both?

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
After test, is it common to be asked for passport upload? What's the format, pdf book of all pages in color? I have two passports from two countries, guessing I need both?
So funny... I just received an email asking for my passport :D

REQUEST LETTER LETTRE DE DEMANDE Good day, Please read the attached request carefully and make sure to follow the instructions given to respond to this email. If you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible at IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada Please make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be able to open the PDF attachments. Bonjour, Veuillez lire attentivement la demande ci-jointe et vous assurer de bien respecter les consignes données afin de répondre à ce courriel. Si vous avez des questions, contactez-nous dès que possible par courriel à IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca Le présent message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés. L'utilisation de ces renseignements par une personne autre que le destinataire voulu est formellement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur et supprimer toutes les copies en votre possession. Merci, Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada Veuillez-vous assurer que vous avez la dernière version d’Adobe Acrobat Reader, pour pouvoir ouvrir les documents PDF ci-joints.

• Haha

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
FYI here's what it says:

Date: November 06, 2021
Application ID: XXXXXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXXXXXXX

REQUEST LETTER

Dear YOURNAMEHERE

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must
forward the message to the email of the applicant.

You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed
information from you to determine if you meet the physical presence requirement to become a Canadian
citizen.

You must provide the required documents within 30 days from the date of this notice. It is important to be
aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions to treat this application as abandoned if you do not contact
IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not providing the information requested. It is therefore very important
that you contact IRCC if you cannot gather the required information within this timeframe. You may contact
IRCC by emailing us at IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1
of the Citizenship Act.

DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED

You are required to provide complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were
valid during your five (5) year Eligibility Period*, even if now expired. You must provide a colour photocopy of
every page (including blank pages without any stamps).
*Your Eligibility Period is the five (5) year period preceding the date of your citizenship application.
For example, if the date of your citizenship application was on July 15, 2021, your five (5) year Eligibility Period is
July 15, 2016 to July 15, 2021.
If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide a written explanation.
Please ensure that you provide complete colour photocopies of all your documents (unless originals are being
requested). All photocopies will be placed on file and will not be returned to you. If necessary, you may be
asked to present your original documents at a later date.
If you have already been requested to submit copies of all passport(s) and/or travel document(s) by an IRCC
official in a previous correspondence please disregard this notice.
Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

CIT0148E (01-2021)
An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to
administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true
translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members
in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada
do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations by family members are not acceptable.
Please send the required documents by mail or courier to the address below within 30 days from the
date of this notice along with a copy of this letter to:
IRCC Scarborough
325 Milner Avenue
nd Floor
Scarborough, Ontario
M1B 5N1

Note: our office remains closed due to the Covid-19 safety protocols. All in person services remain suspended
at this time. Please ensure that all correspondence is forwarded by mail or courier.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at:
IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

IRCC does not provide assurance with respect to the protection, confidentiality, or security of the
information being received by email.