+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Guys

Saw an update this morning on Ecas. Oath ceremony on Dec 11 but haven't received an email yet so not sure yet. Can anyone tell how long does take to get the email . @ Raj : please update the tracker . Status changed on Ecas on Sep 15th . Thanks
Congratulations.
You get the email 1-2 weeks before the ceremony date.

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys

Saw an update this morning on Ecas. Oath ceremony on Dec 11 but haven't received an email yet so not sure yet. Can anyone tell how long does take to get the email . @ Raj : please update the tracker . Status changed on Ecas on Sep 15th . Thanks
Which is your office?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys

Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet. You'll receive an email about a week or two before the oath date.

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hey all, I just checked my tracker and I am scheduled for the ceremony on Oct 16th, wow! :D
I haven't received any email though, should I ask them for the details, or just wait for a couple of weeks for the invitation to show up?

Edit: I tried updating the spreadsheet, but it's glitching. If someone could please update my information:
Oath --> In progress: Sept 14
Oath Ceremony: Oct 16

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey all, I just checked my tracker and I am scheduled for the ceremony on Oct 16th, wow! :D
I haven't received any email though, should I ask them for the details, or just wait for a couple of weeks for the invitation to show up?

Edit: I tried updating the spreadsheet, but it's glitching. If someone could please update my information:
Oath --> In progress: Sept 14
Oath Ceremony: Oct 16
Congratulations! I have updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email, thanks!

Reactions: popek90

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
updates:
Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions "Completed" & Decision Made: Sept 15th 2021
Oath in progress: Sept 15th, 2021
Oath ceremony: Mar 16th, 2022 (6 months later?!)
Congrats! I have updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email (usually happens about a week or two before the oath date).

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Online status updated on 13 September and test invitation on 20 September. (Too bad I got it during flight out of Canada.)

So, do I just email our name, application number and start end time of test period. Put Outside Canada in the subject line. Anything else needed to be included or attached?

How do you guys figure out which one is your processing office?

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
By the way, I thought that test invitation and passport request are two different things. Is it normal to the both in a single letter?

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Okay, Something strange happened on my tracker. I got a ghost update with today's date, but my oath ceremony bullet point was marked as "new". Although it had the same date (jan 17th). Does this mean I might get a new oath date?
My Oath date (Jan 17th) has been removed from the tracker today! Now the last update is "Citizenship oath activity status updated" but without any date!

• Wow
Reactions: MaryC

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Online status updated on 13 September and test invitation on 20 September. (Too bad I got it during flight out of Canada.)

So, do I just email our name, application number and start end time of test period. Put Outside Canada in the subject line. Anything else needed to be included or attached?

How do you guys figure out which one is your processing office?
By the way, I thought that test invitation and passport request are two different things. Is it normal to the both in a single letter?
Here are the instructions :

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

People are now receiving both the test invite and PP pages request together. So, that is normal.

Check the code in the email ID you received the test invite from. You might see shortened office codes. MIS = Mississauga, SCR = Scarborough etc.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)

Hello.
I have some questions: I live in Newfoundland. Is my IRCC office in St. John's? I have seen somewhere that you were saying at some point the file is sent to a local IRCC office. When is the file sent to the local IRCC office? Does it matter in terms of the speed of processing which office processes your case? I would appreciate if you could give some insight. Thanks in advance.