+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Its common knowledge. The clerk at the ceremony asked me if I was in Canada (and never asked me if I was in Mississauga or Ontario). Also, the oath letter says you need to be in "Canada" to be able to take oath (and nowhere is it mentioned that you need to take oath from the same city you applied from).
Raj is right. You can take Oath from anywhere in Canada which includes Nunavut too

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Can you please add me to the list?

Name: knathu
Place: Peterborough, Ontario
Type : Single
Days:1113
Sent:Sep 8
Received:Sep 11
Would you be able to let me know the contact info for the IRCC office in charge of processing Peterborough applications? My mom has an oath scheduled but we haven't recieved the letter or email for some reason. Thanks

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Would you be able to let me know the contact info for the IRCC office in charge of processing Peterborough applications? My mom has an oath scheduled but we haven't recieved the letter or email for some reason. Thanks
Most people receive it 1-2 weeks before the ceremony.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most people receive it 1-2 weeks before the ceremony.
I need to contact them to reschedule the oath. My mom needs to travel, and her PR card will expire before she comes back ... really hoping I don't have to submit a PR Renewal for her.
Can't get through IRCC contact form or phone line due to the situation in Afganistan.
thanks

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
1. Depends. My file was transferred 1 day after my BG checks were completed. The time taken between BG Checks "Completed" to test invite is anyone's guess. It is so random, there isn't a way we could predict it. For me, it took about 3.5 months to receive a test invite from when my BG checks were set to "Completed".

2. I said 3 - 5 months. 3 - 5 months from when your "Citizenship Test" status is set to "Completed" to get an oath date (also referred to as oath notification). This means that in about 3 - 5 months from when "Citizenship Test" is set to "Completed", you'll receive a notification on the New Citizenship status Dashboard that says "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on XX,YY date." The XX, YY date could be anywhere between 1 month to 6 months from the date you receive this notification on the dashboard.

For example, if your test status is set to "Completed" today (September 17th, 2021), you might receive a notification in your status dashboard on February 17, 2022 saying "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on July 17th, 2022."

Please note that these are estimates only and things could happen much sooner than what I've mentioned.
As usual, very understandably explained. You are a great help to every one of us in this forum. Thank you very much. :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

PKH7

Dec 27, 2020
I have a question. My mother in law is 65 years old. She lost her passport recently while her citizenship application is still in process. She has already had her fingerprints done and updated. Does she need a new Indian passport during any process of the citizenship application? Or the lost passport police report would be enough? Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question. My mother in law is 65 years old. She lost her passport recently while her citizenship application is still in process. She has already had her fingerprints done and updated. Does she need a new Indian passport during any process of the citizenship application? Or the lost passport police report would be enough? Thanks
Getting a police report is good, however, she wouldn't need a new Indian passport for the rest of the process. When she's requested passport pages (all pages of all passports that were valid during the 5 year eligibility period), she can submit the police report and a letter explaining that her passport was lost.

However, when she's applying for surrender of Indian citizenship after she obtains Canadian citizenship, she'll have to provide some extra documentation for the lost passport including the police report.

PKH7

Dec 27, 2020
Congrats! Please post an update once you receive the test invite email and once after taking the test. Thank you!
I got the test invitation in email that day. In the same email, they also asked for my passport pages in the eligibility period. I’ll give my online test tomorrow.

Reactions: MaryC

great_desert

May 17, 2021
I applied also last September, my BG was marked complete on March 22, 2021. My processing center is in Ottawa.
I did not receive test invitation yet. Is this normal ? or I should call them ? 6 months after BG check seems long time. What do you guys think ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I applied also last September, my BG was marked complete on March 22, 2021. My processing center is in Ottawa.
I did not receive test invitation yet. Is this normal ? or I should call them ? 6 months after BG check seems long time. What do you guys think ?
Well, there is a delay in your application for sure. There are several applicants with the same complaint in Ottawa thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ottawa-applications.702017/

You can try calling them but from what I know, they're not taking calls for status inquiries because they want to prioritize the crisis in Afghanistan. However, the situation might have changed now.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Please post an update once you receive the test invite email and once after taking the test. Congrats!
I
I received the test invite email on September 15th, one day after my status changed. I will sit the test this week, I will update here once test is complete.