+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Past few days I was quite busy and couldn't check my application status.
I just checked the status and rest of the components (Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions) has got 'Completed'. The status was updated on 13-Aug.
Can someone please update the sheet?
Also, can someone could say how long does it take to get the Citizenship ceremony invite once the other components are 'Completed'? Currently Citizenship ceremony is in 'Not Started' status.
congratulations .Updated on the sheet.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,
Past few days I was quite busy and couldn't check my application status.
I just checked the status and rest of the components (Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions) has got 'Completed'. The status was updated on 13-Aug.
Can someone please update the sheet?
Also, can someone could say how long does it take to get the Citizenship ceremony invite once the other components are 'Completed'? Currently Citizenship ceremony is in 'Not Started' status.
Done. That's Decision Made. Congrats! The time taken for oath varies greatly. I'd strongly recommend that you assume it'll take at least a couple of months to receive oath notification.

Kar1205

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Done. That's Decision Made. Congrats! The time taken for oath varies greatly. I'd strongly recommend that you assume it'll take at least a couple of months to receive oath notification.
Good to hear that, thanks.
Ohh.. couple of months just to reveive the Oath notification?? :(
And I think there will be another couple of months wait to attend the cerimony after receiving the notification?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

dbentley1313

Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Congratulations! I've updated the spreadsheet. You'll not receive an email until about a week or two before the ceremony.

I hope your father gets better soon.
Thank you. :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Good to hear that, thanks.
Ohh.. couple of months just to reveive the Oath notification?? :(
And I think there will be another couple of months wait to attend the cerimony after receiving the notification?
Well, probably yes. Because oath ceremonies are now being scheduled for November and December for September 2020 applicants as you can see on the spreadsheet.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I got the DM on the 13th and today is the 18th and still no updates on the tracker and the IRCC call center does not have any notes on my file regarding UP. I assume my UP is denied.
Let the waiting begin :D
when did you confirm this with IRCC about your UP status ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I assume my UP is denied.
Probably not. It takes time even with urgent request approved. So if you dont get invite within few weeks then you can assume that its denied at local office.

Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
when did you confirm this with IRCC about your UP status ?
Couple of hours ago. I asked them about my UP status that I submitted 2 weeks ago, he said they don't have anything about it. From what I heard you should hear about the oath being in process 2-3 days after your DM, and it has been 6 days now.

I don't mind. This was my expectation anyway :)

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Probably not. It takes time even with urgent request approved. So if you dont get invite within few weeks then you can assume that its denied at local office.
We all have nothing to do except wait. so I'll wait for the oath invitation whether it comes soon or far. It's okay :)
But thanks a lot for the support. I appreciate it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got the DM on the 13th and today is the 18th and still no updates on the tracker and the IRCC call center does not have any notes on my file regarding UP. I assume my UP is denied.
Let the waiting begin :D
Couple of hours ago. I asked them about my UP status that I submitted 2 weeks ago, he said they don't have anything about it. From what I heard you should hear about the oath being in process 2-3 days after your DM, and it has been 6 days now.

I don't mind. This was my expectation anyway :)
We all have nothing to do except wait. so I'll wait for the oath invitation whether it comes soon or far. It's okay :)
But thanks a lot for the support. I appreciate it.
Sometimes, the IRCC call center might not give you the correct or complete information. In my case, the call center guy told me that my application was denied but I guess there was more to it afterwards which he did not tell me.

You also received DM rather quickly at a time when your UP request might have been processed. It could be a coincidence but give it something like 2 more weeks to see if UP was approved. Did you apply for notes recently (less than 15 - 20 days ago)? If yes, the notes might tell a better story, I guess.

Also, just send in a webform request asking if the Urgent processing request was approved to see what they say.

I hope your UP is somehow approved by the local office. (I am not sure if CPC-Sydney or Mississauga approved mine, I'll know more when I get my notes).

Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Sometimes, the IRCC call center might not give you the correct or complete information. In my case, the call center guy told me that my application was denied but I guess there was more to it afterwards which he did not tell me.

You also received DM rather quickly at a time when your UP request might have been processed. It could be a coincidence but give it something like 2 more weeks to see if UP was approved. Did you apply for notes recently (less than 15 - 20 days ago)? If yes, the notes might tell a better story, I guess.

Also, just send in a webform request asking if the Urgent processing request was approved to see what they say.

I hope your UP is somehow approved by the local office. (I am not sure if CPC-Sydney or Mississauga approved mine, I'll know more when I get my notes).
Thank you for the support.
Let's wait and see. So far nothing. My timeline is the same as many here who haven't had UP.
I'll send a webform inquiry and see.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello guys my Background verification is completed on 16 august ,they asked my police clearance on July 19 and sent my fingerprints by agency on 22 July .What can I expect next?Its been 11 months since I applied I should have got my Canadian passport already .It’s seriously a slow and never ending wait omg