+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did that and they said they don't know and I should wait for further correspondence.
Hmmm, that's weird. I did the same thing and the IRCC support agent told me my Urgent processing request was denied LOL. But the point is, he was able to see the status of urgent processing request and the officers note mention the outcome of the request.

Try after a week probably and see if you get any update.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Seeing a lot of UP related messages these days. Looks like Raj's case has given a new idea to everyone to fast-track the app processing.

Anyways, best wishes to people who have genuine UP requirement.

Good luck to others too...whatever works with CIC :)

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hmmm, that's weird. I did the same thing and the IRCC support agent told me my Urgent processing request was denied LOL. But the point is, he was able to see the status of urgent processing request and the officers note mention the outcome of the request.

Try after a week probably and see if you get any update.
They are still not organized hence no wonder why mismatch of notes and actions.

Based on @rafzy 's handling of urgent request, i am thinking that central team at Sydney denied but still forwarded if local office to take it up for final review of urgent request.

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
There was no idea. He had a job offer that requires citizenship, that's all.
Reading through his posts I don't think he had a job offer. He saw a job, which was apparently a great fit for his profile and he built the case on that he cannot apply until he has citizenship.

Technically I guess anyone who has a match and knows the system well and who can build a good convincing case can get through. But considering a few have already done this or are doing it this back door will be closed as well under the Urgent category. Technically if you read their requirements online, qualifying for a job with citizenship does not apply for urgent processing but guess if the officer is convinced can grant it and it is on officer discretion.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
But didn't all of your stuff change to completed after you did the UP last week?
Many others who applied with us in September 2020 had their DM and all of their stuff changed to completed before me. Check the tracker to see for yourself. Almost 25% of the people here had their DMs already, and only 4 of them have Urgent Processing. So I might be as well normal processing. We will know if I get an oath date within one month. Then this will be an approved UP. Normal processing of September applicants get their oath dates in November or December or later.

So we'll see.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seeing a lot of UP related messages these days. Looks like Raj's case has give a new idea to everyone to fast-track the app processing.

Anyways, best wishes to people who have genuine UP requirement.

Good luck to others too...whatever works with CIC :)
What was @rajkamalmohanram idea for UP request? I’m all ears haha
There was no idea. He had a job offer that requires citizenship, that's all.
Reading through his posts I don't think he had a job offer. He saw a job, which was apparently a great fit for his profile and he built the case on that he cannot apply until he has citizenship.

Technically I guess anyone who has a match and knows the system well and who can build a good convincing case can get through. But considering a few have already done this or are doing it this back door will be closed as well under the Urgent category. Technically if you read their requirements online, qualifying for a job with citizenship does not apply for urgent processing but guess if the officer is convinced can grant it and it is on officer discretion.
Okay, I think I need to clarify some things over here.

First and foremost, I think not everyone has a solid understanding of what the valid reasons are for urgent processing. People ASSUME you can only apply if you have a job offer. That's NOT true.

Below is what I see in the operational instructions page on the IRCC website :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/urgent-application-cases.html

Applications for proof of citizenship, search of citizenship records for Canadian citizens, resumptions and applications for grant of citizenship are expedited if documents support the need for urgency in the following situations:

• a subsection 5(1) grant applicant has 1095 or more days of physical presence in Canada and faces loss of employment or of employment opportunity because they are not a Canadian citizen
You can apply if you think you are a perfect fit for an opportunity, you want to apply to that opportunity but you can't because Canadian citizenship is a requirement. Now, I agree the Urgent processing requests aren't always approved but it doesn't hurt to try. All you can do is build a convincing case, provide all relevant documentation and leave the rest to IRCC. With a bit of luck (because officer discretion is involved), your UP request might be approved.

Here's a post where a businesswoman needed to make some trips in fall 2021 who applied for Urgent Processing (remember no job offer, not applying for a job) and the UP request was approved. Did she use the backdoor too? I don't think so.

1. I didn't "game the system" or "use the backdoor". That is completely untrue and I will not sit here and listen to baseless and wild accusations. Been here for over 6 years now and I haven't so much as suggested or recommended anything that would constitute misrepresentation or cheating. I don't do that stuff. If you still think I used a backdoor here, you have no idea what you are talking about.

2. I saw an opportunity that would be a great fit for me and I GENUINELY plan to apply for this position. I have everything that needs to be submitted ready. I just need my citizenship to apply.

3. I presented my case in a way that (probably) was convincing (or I just got lucky).

4. I pointed out how my education and my work experience align with the requirements with the job I'm applying for.

5. I submitted my degree, my ECA, my resume, the job letter (showing responsibilities and need for citizenship) and a cover letter explaining as to WHY I'm asking for urgent processing and what this job means to me. Yes, I did build a case.

6. I will be applying for the job on August 23rd, right after I complete my oath of citizenship. (I already applied for the job right after I submitted urgent processing request and I mentioned in the cover letter that I have applied for UP for my citizenship grant application, yet to hear back from them). I will make a new application once I'm a citizen.

7. Building a strong case for a prospective job doesn't constitute getting in through "backdoor" or "gaming the system". I knew the odds of approval were terrible. I still applied because if I didn't, I would have regretted it for a LONG time thinking about that sliver of chance of being approved for Urgent processing and then being able to apply for the job before the deadline. This time, the odds happened to be in my favor, that's all. I got lucky.

8. If one doesn't have GENUINE intentions for applying to a job or any other valid reasons for urgent processing, please don't try to cheat the system because it affects people who genuinely wants to apply for a job.

9. My request for urgent processing was actually declined at first (as I can see from my GCMS notes). However, something changed after that and they decided to approve it. I am really thankful this happened and once again, I got lucky. I have another set of notes that are due for later this month and those notes will reveal what happened to my application and the reasons as to why they approved my UP request.

I sincerely hope everyone who applies for Urgent Processing for GENUINE reasons get approved.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020
Got the automated reply of UP forwarding to local office. Let's see how long it takes to get rejected. So salty lol

Also, I am happy for whoever gets UP granted. No need to put each other down. The feds are to blame for this backlog. Not someone's single UP request.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
This is aimed at noone in particular, but please do not apply for urgent processing unless you have a genuine bona fide reason to do so. It's a waste of time for immigration officials to be processing urgent applications that aren't actually urgent, and it pushes people down the line who do have real reasons to apply for UP. Applying for UP just because you want to save a few months on your application is in very bad faith and I'm a little surprised immigration doesn't take a much dimmer view of it.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
This is aimed at noone in particular, but please do not apply for urgent processing unless you have a genuine bona fide reason to do so. It's a waste of time for immigration officials to be processing urgent applications that aren't actually urgent, and it pushes people down the line who do have real reasons to apply for UP. Applying for UP just because you want to save a few months on your application is in very bad faith and I'm a little surprised immigration doesn't take a much dimmer view of it.
Blame the system.. not the people who apply for urgent processing… IRCC encourages to apply for UP under certain circumstances and if that is someone’s case then why not?

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Blame the system.. not the people who apply for urgent processing… IRCC encourages to apply for UP under certain circumstances and if that is someone’s case then why not?
Because applying for UP and using a job description that you have no intention of applying for is a deliberate misrepresentation of your circumstances? You can be mad at IRCC all you want, but since when does a large backlog due to a global pandemic give you a moral high ground to fraudulently take a position in the queue from people who actually need it? Think about this for a second, why are you applying for UP? Like, actually why? If you have a legitimate urgent need then by all means apply, but some people here (not all) are implying they have no good reason to apply for UP other than to shave some time off the application, and that really they just can't wait because they are impatient or just generally mad at IRCC. Is this reason really greater than that of someone who, for example, will be fired if they don't have citizenship by X date? Or perhaps someone who needs to travel to see a dying relative?

You know exactly why those conditions for UP exist, I can say with certainty they aren't there for people to intentionally misrepresent themselves as wanting to apply for a job with no intention of actually doing so. Infact, making such a misrepresentation could definitely get your application rejected outright if they knew you had no intention of applying for the role, they just have no reasonable way of verifying that. People who game the system like this are acting in extremely bad faith and frankly if they're already misrepresenting themselves in this manner at this point, it makes me question whether they're really the kind of person the country needs.

And for the record, in my case I'm an extremely skilled candidate who could definitely apply for some federal cyber-security roles that would require citizenship, but I have no intention to apply for those roles and therefore I have no intention of abusing the immigration system by filing a fraudulent UP application. But that's just me, I do infact believe in having some integrity when filing citizenship application of all things. I can, in fact, just wait a few months.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Got the automated reply of UP forwarding to local office. Let's see how long it takes to get rejected. So salty lol
But this is not an automatic email though. Not everyone's request get this kind of response to get forwarded to local office. YOu might get approval from local office. good luck.