+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Wow, and you have to scan ALL pages or only pages with stamps?
And you have to translate all stamps that are not in English?
Anything on the passport that is not in English or French should be translated (visas / stamps / bio page, if it is not in English or French).

You'll need to submit ALL the pages of the passport including empty pages.

If you have a stamp that is in both in English/French and a foreign language, then it should be okay if you don't translate this stamp but I would still recommend that you get these translated, just in case.

Here's the details on the PDF they attached.

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please
provide an explanation.

You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages.
The required documents have to be sent within 30 calendar days from the date of this notice and by
replying to this email. If necessary, you may be asked to present your original documents or other
documents at a later date.

Please note that if you are unable to send the scanned copies or photos through email, please contact us
by the deadline.

Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner
authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their
translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial
organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations
by family members are not acceptable.

N.B.: Passport(s) and travel document(s) stamps that are not in English or French must also be translated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevine.Kassem

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Anything on the passport that is not in English or French should be translated (visas / stamps / bio page, if it is not in English or French).

You'll need to submit ALL the pages of the passport including empty pages.

If you have a stamp that is in both in English/French and a foreign language, then it should be okay if you don't translate this stamp but I would still recommend that you get these translated, just in case.

Here's the details on the PDF they attached.
Thank you so much. I'll start working on these now.
And did you have that translator's affidavit?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That's great news Raj. Looks like the Mississauga office is wide awake now. Let's hope that they keep up the speed.
Thanks! Yeah, hopefully Mississauga will keep the pace and other offices will pickup the pace because there are a lot of September 2020 applicants still waiting for their test invitation. Many of them responded to the DM I sent yesterday and all their application are , unfortunately, stuck in BG checks :(

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
I got a DM asking for any updates on my application. No updates here. My background checks show completed as of March 9th, 2021 in the new tracker. I just moved to a new house so I am going to submit a web form today with that info - maybe that will cause someone to actually work on my application?

Calgary office applicant :\

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got a DM asking for any updates on my application. No updates here. My background checks show completed as of March 9th, 2021 in the new tracker. I just moved to a new house so I am going to submit a web form today with that info - maybe that will cause someone to actually work on my application?

Calgary office applicant :\
Sorry to hear this, I hope you receive a test invite soon since your BG checks were completed the same day as mine.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
I went to update my address and saw there was a webpage to do that, instead of using a webform. So I just submitted it.

The message I received was:

Thank you for using Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's on-line change of address service. We will change your address(es) in our system within approximately:

• 15 days for an address change

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Wow congratulations man! thought asking for passport pages would come after you take the oath...
Thank you. No, passport pages are used to verify Physical presence. Generally - Physical Presence, Language and Prohibitions are set to "Completed" together. If they verify the documents that I sent soon enough, I will likely receive a Decision Made provided they don't have any further questions.

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Thank you. No, passport pages are used to verify Physical presence. Generally - Physical Presence, Language and Prohibitions are set to "Completed" together. If they verify the documents that I sent soon enough, I will likely receive a Decision Made provided they don't have any further questions.
You are very knowledgeable! so DM, and then oath and then new passport issued, in that order?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You are very knowledgeable! so DM, and then oath and then new passport issued, in that order?
In that order yes but you'll have to submit a separate application for your passport. After oath, you have to wait until you receive your citizenship certificate. Once you have it, you can apply for a passport.