AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Just got my GCSM... Although the status tracker shows prohibition/eligibility etc are all in progress, the GCSM show that they arent started.

It also shows that my file was sent to ottawa on the 7th of March, but Ottawa didn't bother receiving it to Registry till the 18th of May. no update or any work on the file since they received it.

Truly frustrating how slow ottawa is. Agent A4151 needs to step it UP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just got my GCSM... Although the status tracker shows prohibition/eligibility etc are all in progress, the GCSM show that they arent started.

It also shows that my file was sent to ottawa on the 7th of March, but Ottawa didn't bother receiving it to Registry till the 18th of May. no update or any work on the file since they received it.

The discrepancy between the online dashboard and the GCMS notes for "Language", "Physical Presence"/"Residence" and "Prohibitions" statuses is known. Normally, these statuses will show as "In Progress" AFTER the Citizenship test is complete.

What do you see as the "Test Location" in page 2? If you still see "Registry", then it might meant that no work has been done on your application at the local office.

I hope you see some progress soon, wish you all the very best!

Reactions: omarnabsws

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
yea it's registry. thnks!

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020

Ottawa office. Its tough luck with them.
Have no more words left to say lol.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Just completed and cleared the test (provisionally)... one question - I was using my work laptop, and all browsers and windows were closed... but i got a pop up saying a window has been opened... with a button to indicate "i'm back".. i clicked it immediately... curious if anyone else faced this..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just completed and cleared the test (provisionally)... one question - I was using my work laptop, and all browsers and windows were closed... but i got a pop up saying a window has been opened... with a button to indicate "i'm back".. i clicked it immediately... curious if anyone else faced this..
This has happened to a few applicants. As long as you immediately came back to the screen, you shouldn't have an issue.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
This has happened to a few applicants. As long as you immediately came back to the screen, you shouldn't have an issue.
Thanks - My spouse just completed her test too. She had a number of connectivity issues. It kept providing a message saying webcam is not working and sent her to a page where she had to re-enter her UCI and app ID... this happened atleast thrice... so annoying!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016

Can I ask when did you order your gcsm notes? I have ordered mine a bit over a month but haven’t gotten it yet

Kar1205

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi All,
As per online tracker my BG and Citizenship Test are completed and the rest are 'In Progress'.
Does anyone have idea how long it might take to get these components completed?
Should I initate GCMS notes for my application now, to get more information? If so, could anyone share the process on raising GCMS?
Thought??

Background Verification - Completed
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Completed (26 Jun 2021)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
As per online tracker my BG and Citizenship Test are completed and the rest are 'In Progress'.
Does anyone have idea how long it might take to get these components completed?
Should I initate GCMS notes for my application now, to get more information? If so, could anyone share the process on raising GCMS?
Thought??

Background Verification - Completed
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Completed (26 Jun 2021)
Depends. The timeline is not standard from Test to Decision made (which is when the other statuses will be completed). Some September 2020 applicants have received DM status within a couple of months (and some within a month). So, you just have to wait until the local office approves your application.

You can order GCMS notes if you want to. Order it from CBSA than from IRCC.

When you place a request for notes, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. Something like this:

"Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers, status updates and any and all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application bearing the application number XXX".

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Kar1205

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Depends. The timeline is not standard from Test to Decision made (which is when the other statuses will be completed). Some September 2020 applicants have received DM status within a couple of months (and some within a month). So, you just have to wait until the local office approves your application.

When you place a request for notes, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. Something like this:

"Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers, status updates and any and all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application bearing the application number XXX".

Thanks a lot @rajkamalmohanram .
Appriciate your input. I have raised the gcms and shall update once I get the notes.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014

I just ordered them but from IRCC. Would that make a difference?

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Well, apparently, CBSA resorts to less redactions (or so they say). Anyway, you will know the basic status in both notes so don't worry about it.

Good luck!
i have missed that part, where maybe you already mentioned how to order GCMS from CBSA. Can i ask you to provide few steps how to do so? (i already requested from IRCC), but would like to see what CBSA will provide. what you think about the idea?
thanks in advance,

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
With all due respect, what is the benefit of ordering these GCMS notes while the application is in process? It won't help things get processed any faster and I doubt will show you any useful information beyond what's available in the online portals. Is it just to feel like you're doing something?

Reactions: varlam