+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, just letting you know that I took the test today, 20/20. I updated the spreadsheet already.

Also, I didn't plan it this way, but feels good to pass and then hear some fireworks, lol ;)
Thank you for the update, appreciate it. Congrats on passing the test!

Please keep us posted on any further updated on your application!

SN2021

Jul 1, 2021
I am new to this forum, do you guys have an idea how much time does it take for test invite once background verification is completed. Applied in September 2020 and background verification was completed on March 11, 2021.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am new to this forum, do you guys have an idea how much time does it take for test invite once background verification is completed. Applied in September 2020 and background verification was completed on March 11, 2021.
Welcome!

There is no standard timeframe. As you can see from the September spreadsheet, there has been a surge of test invitations for September applicants lately (particularly the ones in the GTA). Hope you receive yours soon!

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

Thank you!

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Quick update.. my wife and I took our exams today and we both cleared with a score of 20/20..
it feels good now after clearing the exam.. the waiting time starts for further progress on application..

SN2021

Jul 1, 2021
App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

Thank you for your reply and sharing the latest information, my details are as follows
App Type: Family (# of applicants 3)
Physical Presence Days: 1139
App Sent: Sept 11, 2020
App Delivered: Sept 16, 2020
AOR: Dec 11, 2020
In-Progress: Feb 11, 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Quick update.. my wife and I took our exams today and we both cleared with a score of 20/20..
it feels good now after clearing the exam.. the waiting time starts for further progress on application..
Thank you! I've updated the spreadsheet!

Please keep us posted on any further updates to your application.

All the best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your reply and sharing the latest information, my details are as follows
App Type: Family (# of applicants 3)
Physical Presence Days: 1139
App Sent: Sept 11, 2020
App Delivered: Sept 16, 2020
AOR: Dec 11, 2020
In-Progress: Feb 11, 2021
Thank you for providing your information. I've added you to the spreadsheet.

I see that you are from Mississauga office. There has been some recent activity with this office and applicants who belonged to this office received their test invitations. Hope you get yours soon!

Please keep us posted about any further updates to your application!

All the best!

SN2021

Jul 1, 2021
Thank you for providing your information. I've added you to the spreadsheet.

I see that you are from Mississauga office. There has been some recent activity with this office and applicants who belonged to this office received their test invitations. Hope you get yours soon!

Please keep us posted about any further updates to your application!

All the best!
Wow thats great, I shall update whenever there is a movement on my application

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get any dates ? Are there any apps or websites with similar questions to the real test ?
Thank you
What practicing material are you talking about?
I think I got maybe one or two questions asking about years, but were those pretty obvious ones, such as the Confederation. I definitely didn't get anything on the lines of when women were granted the right to vote in Dildo, NL.

Regarding training material, I'd start with this nice summary of Discovery Canada, made by Raj: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notes-from-discover-canada-preparation-for-the-citizenship-test.734507/.

As for sample questions, you can find a lot through a Google search. Many are listed in this website: http://citizenshiptests.ca/practice-tests, which contains some pretty tough tests itself. If you can answer regularly some 15-17 of each of those 14 samples, you'll definitely get at least some 18 of the actual test. Just practice all of them a few times, checking all answers afterwards (even those you had got right, as you're certainly going to answer a lot of them through educated guesses).

Regarding the difficulty level, I'd say it's closer to the sample questions in Discover Canada, but still a tad easier. Speaking of which, my wife got hers on Wednesday evening. She got 20/20 as well, even though she swears it was "extremely hard" :D. And my test status changed yesterday to Completed. Except for the background check, everything else still shows as In Progress.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think I got maybe one or two questions asking about years, but were those pretty obvious ones, such as the Confederation. I definitely didn't get anything on the lines of when women were granted the right to vote in Dildo, NL.

Regarding training material, I'd start with this nice summary of Discovery Canada, made by Raj: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notes-from-discover-canada-preparation-for-the-citizenship-test.734507/.

As for sample questions, you can find a lot through a Google search. Many are listed in this website: http://citizenshiptests.ca/practice-tests, which contains some pretty tough tests itself. If you can answer regularly some 15-17 of each of those 14 samples, you'll definitely get at least some 18 of the actual test. Just practice all of them a few times, checking all answers afterwards (even those you had got right, as you're certainly going to answer a lot of them through educated guesses).

Regarding the difficulty level, I'd say it's closer to the sample questions in Discover Canada, but still a tad easier. Speaking of which, my wife got hers on Wednesday evening. She got 20/20 as well, even though she swears it was "extremely hard" :D. And my test status changed yesterday to Completed. Except for the background check, everything else still shows as In Progress.
I've updated the spreadsheet with the test "completed" date. Congrats!

Please keep us posted on the status of your application.

"I definitely didn't get anything on the lines of when women were granted the right to vote in Dildo, NL..."

ROFL!! :p