+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Dec 4, 2020
it says "OPEN"
Hmm. When they pick it up it will normally change to something like TFR - Eligibility or something. Also, check the new tracker as there might be updated since you requested ATIP. ATIP notes are almost a month old when you receive them.

Type: Eligibility - Language Status: Not Started
Decision Date:
Status Updated By: DM21877 Status Date: 2021/01/15
Assigned By: DM21877
Assigned To: RC-8090
Due Date: 2022/01/10

Wanted to ask what is the Due Date for? Is it by the date which my application will be finalized?
That's a tentative date yeah but take it with a grain of salt.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi Guys, a general query - my spouse's current Indian passport expires in Nov 2021. Should I apply for it's renewal ? Ideal state would have been to complete the citizenship process before Nov so we could directly apply for a new Canadian passport; but given that things are moving at snail's pace, I'm not sure on what to do now. Anyone in the same boat? What are you doing? If we let the passport expire and do not apply for renewal, will it impact her citizenship application? On the other hand, if we renew the passport, do we need to notify CIC about the updated Indian passport number?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I don't see rafa_ret , sevoguy and Nasir60 on the forum. I will ask the sheet admins to check with them for an update. If I don't hear back within a couple of weeks, I will remove these entries as incomplete entries are useless.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, a general query - my spouse's current Indian passport expires in Nov 2021. Should I apply for it's renewal ? Ideal state would have been to complete the citizenship process before Nov so we could directly apply for a new Canadian passport; but given that things are moving at snail's pace, I'm not sure on what to do now. Anyone in the same boat? What are you doing? If we let the passport expire and do not apply for renewal, will it impact her citizenship application? On the other hand, if we renew the passport, do we need to notify CIC about the updated Indian passport number?
Expiry of her Indian passport will not have any effect on her Canadian citizenship application.

Technically, she doesn't have to renew the passport if she is not planning on traveling anywhere until then. But keep in mind the case of emergencies - If there is an emergency and she MUST travel, then having an expired passport won't help. Wait until October to see if she gets your Oath scheduled. If not, she can initiate the process of renewal sometime in October 2021.

After she renews the passport, she can send in a webform and update IRCC with the details of the new passport.

Good luck!

Reactions: sayedsameer84

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Expiry of her Indian passport will not have any effect on her Canadian citizenship application.

Technically, she doesn't have to renew the passport if she is not planning on traveling anywhere until then. But keep in mind the case of emergencies - If there is an emergency and she MUST travel, then having an expired passport won't help. Wait until October to see if she gets your Oath scheduled. If not, she can initiate the process of renewal sometime in October 2021.

After she renews the passport, she can send in a webform and update IRCC with the details of the new passport.

Good luck!
Thanks .. makes sense.. hopefully, things move fast here.. While my status has been "in progress" for the four parameters on the new tracker (with Date as April 23rd), my Spouse's BG check is completed and remaining three are in progress.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

dbentley1313

Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've checked with the admin of the spreadsheet about the status updates for the following members (who are NOT in this forum).

rafa_ret
sevoguy
Nasir60

The admin mentioned they 'don't chase the applicants to contribute' so these entries will likely remain incomplete as the likelihood of getting updates from those members is small. I am removing these entries on the spreadsheet as I hate incomplete data on the spreadsheet.

If necessary, they can join the forum and make an update with the dates gain and I'll be more than happy to add them back.

Reactions: Hot2Cold and sk000