Created Date
: 2020/06/19 09:06:27
Updated Date: 2020/06/19 10:07:54
Name: Telework
Type: Organization
Sub Type: Other
Other Sub Type Descrip: Telework
Effective Date: 2021/01/26

Could someone please throw some light on what Telework is? It's not an organization which OP probably worked for but this has appeared on a lot of case notes I have seen. The created date is also probably before the OP even had applied for citizenship. I get they might hide the name of actual organization but this seems something different as it appears on a lot of candidates case notes.
I think this refers to the "Remote work" of IRCC employees. I don't belong to any organization named "Telework". "Created Date" shows 19 June 2020 which is probably when IRCC employees started processing paper citizenship applications from home.

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Just received my notes. Criminality passed n nothing else.. File sitting in Saskatoon office ..Transferred their in March n received Mid April..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just received my notes. Criminality passed n nothing else.. File sitting in Saskatoon office ..Transferred their in March n received Mid April..
The statuses of other items (language, physical presence, prohibitions and knowledge) will be set to passed only after you complete the test and the test result is verified. So, don't worry about those. What does it say in file location? Does it say "Test Ready" or "Registry"?

Dec 4, 2020
I think this refers to the "Remote work" of IRCC employees. I don't belong to any organization named "Telework". "Created Date" shows 19 June 2020 which is probably when IRCC employees started processing paper citizenship applications from home.
That makes sense but historically the information which has appeared in this section is when they have hired a third party to run a check on the employment or the existence of the company?

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
The statuses of other items (language, physical presence, prohibitions and knowledge) will be set to passed only after you complete the test and the test result is verified. So, don't worry about those. What does it say in file location? Does it say "Test Ready" or "Registry"?
It says Registry

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That makes sense but historically the information which has appeared in this section is when they have hired a third party to run a check on the employment or the existence of the company?
I don't think so but even if they did, I would be inclined to believe that the name of the third-party company doing employment checks would be previleged information so it will be redacted for obvious reasons. I am like 95% sure this "Telework" refers to the remote work of IRCC employees.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It says Registry
Ok, unfortunately, that means the local office hasn't started working on your file yet. The local office will run some checks and then set the location to "Test Ready". What is the status of your BG checks in the new tracker?

Also, what does it say for security under 'Admissibility' section in your GCMS notes?

Dec 4, 2020
I don't think so but even if they did, I would be inclined to believe that the name of the third-party company doing employment checks would be previleged information so it will be redacted for obvious reasons. I am like 95% sure this "Telework" refers to the remote work of IRCC employees.
That is true. They do redact that information and the organization code is an internally assigned code which will not reveal the true identity. This is what I had read from a different source but I am curious how you are reaching the conclusion with a 95% certainty that it's IRCC remote work/worker. You are very likely correct but I am just curious on how you drew that conclusion so your answer is appreciated!

Organization and Entities
Organization and Entities: 1
Created Date: | date of creation of the file |
Created By: | code of immigration officer, MC12345 for example |
Update Date: | date of update of the file |
Updated By: | code of immigration officer, MC12345 for example |
Amount Invested (CAD): | blank if not a verification of business funds |
Org/Entity ID: | this is the IRCC internal ID code for the organization/entity being verified |
Name: | "CIO - EE - 11pt2 Decision" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Type: | "Organization" |
Sub Type: | "Other" |
Other Sub Type Descrip: | "CIO - EE - 11pt2 Decision" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Contact Family Name: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Contact Given Name(s): | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Reason: | "Other" |
Other Reason Description: | "11.2" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Effective Date: | usually around the date R10 checks are done |
Expiry Date: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Disassociation Reason: | usually blank |
Other Disassociation Description: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Registration #: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Place of Registry: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Third Party ID#: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Place of Registry: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Ok, unfortunately, that means the local office hasn't started working on your file yet. The local office will run some checks and then set the location to "Test Ready". What is the status of your BG checks in the new tracker?

Also, what does it say for security under 'Admissibility' section in your GCMS notes?
BG completed on March 11

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That is true. They do redact that information and the organization code is an internally assigned code which will not reveal the true identity. This is what I had read from a different source but I am curious how you are reaching the conclusion with a 95% certainty that it's IRCC remote work/worker. You are very likely correct but I am just curious on how you drew that conclusion so your answer is appreciated!

Organization and Entities
Organization and Entities: 1
Created Date: | date of creation of the file |
Created By: | code of immigration officer, MC12345 for example |
Update Date: | date of update of the file |
Updated By: | code of immigration officer, MC12345 for example |
Amount Invested (CAD): | blank if not a verification of business funds |
Org/Entity ID: | this is the IRCC internal ID code for the organization/entity being verified |
Name: | "CIO - EE - 11pt2 Decision" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Type: | "Organization" |
Sub Type: | "Other" |
Other Sub Type Descrip: | "CIO - EE - 11pt2 Decision" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Contact Family Name: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Contact Given Name(s): | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Reason: | "Other" |
Other Reason Description: | "11.2" (related to eligibility), "Triage criteria - admissibility", "CEC COMPLETE FILES", etc. |
Effective Date: | usually around the date R10 checks are done |
Expiry Date: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Disassociation Reason: | usually blank |
Other Disassociation Description: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Registration #: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
Third Party ID#: | if applicable, this will be blank as to not reveal which organization is being verified |
My conclusion stems from the following facts:

1. Work experience isn't a factor for Citizenship application. Even if you are unemployed for the entirety of your eligibility period, that won't hurt your citizenship application (as long as they are able to otherwise verify your physical presence in Canada).
2. Since work experience is NOT an eligibility factor for Canadian citizenship, I highly doubt IRCC would pay a third party to verify it. It seems illogical to me that IRCC would spend tax payer funds on verifying something that isn't a part of the application process.
3. The "Created Date" AND "Updated Date" are both in June, which is about 3 months BEFORE my application date. There is no way IRCC started verifying anything about me 3 months prior to the application submission date.
4. We all know that IRCC employees work from home because of the pandemic. "Telework" is a rather obvious term that refers to "Remote Work" or "Work from home".

Based on all the factors, I am fairly certain that the "Telework" under "Organization" isn't anything related to our employment or activities. It just denotes the WFH program for IRCC Employees IMO.

The example you have posted could be related to PR application AFAIK. In my GCMS notes for PR application, the 'Organization' section was completely redacted (including the title 'Organization').

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
BG completed on March 11
Okay. I hope your office works on your file soon.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide the information in the following format so that I can add you to the tracker?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

Dec 4, 2020
My conclusion comes from the following facts:

1. Work experience isn't a factor for Citizenship application. Even if you are unemployed for the entirety of your eligibility period, that won't hurt your citizenship application (as long as they are able to otherwise verify your physical presence in Canada).
2. Since work experience is NOT an eligibility factor for Canadian citizenship, I highly doubt IRCC would pay a third party to verify it. It seems illogical to me that IRCC would spend tax payer funds on verifying something that isn't a part of the application process.
3. The "Created Date" AND "Updated Date" are both in June, which is about 3 months BEFORE my application date. There is no way IRCC started verifying anything about me 3 months prior to the application submission date.
4. We all know that IRCC employees work from home because of the pandemic. "Telework" is a rather obvious term that refers to "Remote Work" or "Work from home".

Based on all the factors, I am fairly certain that the "Telework" under "Organization" isn't anything related to our employment or activities. It just denotes the WFH program for IRCC Employees IMO.

The example you have posted could be related to PR application AFAIK. In my GCMS notes for PR application, the 'Organization' section was completely redacted (including the title 'Organization').
Thanks for taking the time to break it down. Makes perfect sense now!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Okay. I hope your office works on your file soon.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide the information in the following format so that I can add you to the tracker?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

Physical Presence Days: 1768
App Sent: 15 Sep 2020
App Delivered: 21 Sep 2020
AOR: 17 Dec
In-Progress: 12 Feb

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram