+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone!

My app status has just been updated, see below. The last update was on May 18 (Physical presence & Language skills - Completed; Prohibitions - still showing as In Progress).

I haven't received any email from @cic.gc.ca. Should I call them and ask for instructions or just wait a few more days?

Application history

• Jun 4, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 4, 2021 and June 24, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• May 31, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone!

My app status has just been updated, see below. The last update was on May 18 (Physical presence & Language skills - Completed; Prohibitions - still showing as In Progress).

I haven't received any email from @cic.gc.ca. Should I call them and ask for instructions or just wait a few more days?

Application history

• Jun 4, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 4, 2021 and June 24, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • May 31, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

Congrats! Please let us know when you get the test invite and once after you take the test.

All the best!

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi,

Would spending part of the residency in 2 different provinces make the process slower for me, so that they would verify the presence in 2 provinces? Or it doesn't make a difference?
Thanks

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Good morning everyone!
Exciting news!
I have an Update this morning!

Your next steps (1)
1 new update(s)
Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test
New update
Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021.
  • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
    • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions

Last edited:

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Good morning everyone!

Your next steps (1)
1 new update(s)
Citizenship test
New update
Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021.
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions
I have a question though: My husband got covid19 positive yesterday and has been having a hard time with uncomfortable symptoms. Even though we're very happy with thie news, he feels that this is really bad timing, because he is extremelly tired and will have a hard time studying. It's nothing major, he's at home recovering, but he is exhausted.
We would like to reschedule the test, but so so afraid that this will delay our process.

Anyone here has rescheduled their test?
I'm open to your input and suggestions.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Good morning everyone!
Exciting news!

Your next steps (1)
1 new update(s)
Citizenship test
New update
Waiting on you
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions
Congrats! Please let me know once you receive an email invitation.

Reactions: MaryC

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question though: My husband got covid19 positive yesterday and has been having a hard time with uncomfortable symptoms. Even though we're very happy with thie news, he feels that this is really bad timing, because he is extremelly tired and will have a hard time studying. It's nothing major, he's at home recovering, but he is exhausted.
We would like to reschedule the test, but so so afraid that this will delay our process.

Sorry about this. Hope he gets better soon.

In all honesty, I wouldn't reschedule the test at this time. The test isn't too hard from what I hear and there is a good chance he'll pass the test. You have time until July 1st to take the test. You have almost an entire month. Why do you want to reschedule it now? Wait and see if he will recover or get a little better before July 1 so that he can study and complete the test on July 1.

Unless he is absolutely NOT able to start studying until June 30th or so, then maybe think about rescheduling it. Given the delays we have now, rescheduling wouldn't be a smart option at all IMO. There is no guarantee you'll receive another test invite soon. It might take a while. I would kindly request you guys to not let go of this opportunity.

Further, even if the test has to be rescheduled, I would recommend that only his test be rescheduled, not yours.

Reactions: Hot2Cold and MaryC

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Sorry about this. Hope he gets better soon.

In all honesty, I wouldn't reschedule the test at this time. The test isn't too hard from what I hear and there is a good chance he'll pass the test. You have time until July 1st to take the test. You have almost an entire month. Why do you want to reschedule it now? Wait and see if he will recover or get a little better before July 1 so that he can study and complete the test on July 1.

Unless he is absolutely NOT able to start studying until June 30th or so, then maybe think about rescheduling it. Given the delays we have now, rescheduling wouldn't be a smart option at all IMO. There is no guarantee you'll receive another test invite soon. It might take a while. I would kindly request you guys to not let go of this opportunity.

Further, even if the test has to be rescheduled, I would recommend that only his test be rescheduled, not yours.
Thank you so much for your time and your input. It's really well appreciated.
We will do that, wait for a while!

It was a wave of a mixed feelings, happy for the update and worried about the timing.
Thank you again!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much for your time and your input. It's really well appreciated.
We will do that, wait for a while!

It was a wave of a mixed feelings, happy for the update and worried about the timing.
Thank you again!
Adding one more thing. You study in advance and take the test at the earliest date that is comfortable. This way, you'll be able to help him study not having to worry about your own test.

Good luck, hope both of you pass the test and give us the good news soon!

Reactions: MaryC

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015

I wouldn't let this opportunity go, If I were you. As @rajkamalmohanram said, it may take a while for you to get another invite. The term "while" in IRCC's word master is slowly changing from months to years!! You may not want to deal with the mental stress, agony, and anxiety while waiting, which no govt official nor a politician can EVER understand.

I can understand how you feel now. Its between choosing physical health now vs mental health for later. Hope your husband recovers soon. Good luck!

Herr Bert

May 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

After my online file changed to "ready for test" on May 27th, I just (June 2nd) got my test invitation e-mail in my inbox.

For the others on the forum; It is completely normal to receive the e-mail only some days after the online update...

I made an error in the tracker, my in process date is 17 February (not 19 January)

good luck everyone!