+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Hi all, my application has been returned citing missing information with Q12 table on "tax years filed" as missing. I categorically remember filling the years and ticking the corresponding box in the digital form - the same is reaffirmed in the copy of my application I retained. Interestingly, the version of my application that they sent back does not have the table printed but has all other items on that sheet printed.
Tip for others looking to file and/or @rajkamalmohanram to add a note of this to the "instructions thread" that tables get left out (still unsure how that happened during the print as it is still in my saved digital copy)

Question:
-The others who've had their application returned, do you simply add the missing sheet and send the same package back?
-What happens regarding the application fees?
-Physical presence calculations - do I add new travel dates (I was away for 2 weeks in Dec)
-Any new letter of explanation
other advice?

Other information for time calculation - file had reached on Sept 28 and this letter is dated Nov 25
sorry to hear that, is it missing at all? or just one line or what is exactly missing concerning the taxes?

i just realized that my taxes table has just 4 lines. as i entered canada first time in Dec 2016, i have put 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, so all together 4 lines, checked needed and filed boxes, but did not mention the 2015 as in 2015 I never was in Canada.
was i supposed to mention 2015 and does it mean my app also will be returned?

any thoughts?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all, my application has been returned citing missing information with Q12 table on "tax years filed" as missing. I categorically remember filling the years and ticking the corresponding box in the digital form - the same is reaffirmed in the copy of my application I retained. Interestingly, the version of my application that they sent back does not have the table printed but has all other items on that sheet printed.
Tip for others looking to file and/or @rajkamalmohanram to add a note of this to the "instructions thread" that tables get left out (still unsure how that happened during the print as it is still in my saved digital copy)

Question:
-The others who've had their application returned, do you simply add the missing sheet and send the same package back?
-Physical presence calculations - do I add new travel dates (I was away for 2 weeks in Dec)
other advice?

Other information for time calculation - file had reached on Sept 28 and this letter is dated Nov 25
I'm sorry about this. I have never heard a case where an applicant had the entire table missing - This is the first. Unfortunately, I can't edit my post but I can add this note to this thread where we were discussing about issues with the application form.

2. You can use the same application fee receipt that you submitted before.
3. I don't think you need a new physical presence calculator as the reason that your application was returned was not because of physical presence. But please follow the instructions in the document they added when they returned your application.
4. LOE is not required, IMO (unless your situation has changed since you sent the application).

Last edited:

mmaghawry

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017

Question:
other advice?

Sorry to hear that. Can you tell us what is your status in ECAS tool?

okengoakp1201

Feb 10, 2017
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.
Hello! Please add mine to the September tracker, thank you! Please see details below:
Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1,102 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 22, 2020
AOR: December 10, 2020
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
I just wanted to ask if you can check ECAS and if it’s showing your application status?
you can try to check by using UCI, family name, DOB, and country of birth.
I just want to know if they return application, either they enter the information in Ecas or not. Thank you
Good question. I am unable to retrieve my file, received the following prompt:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again. This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it."

Reactions: sayedsameer84

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
I'm sorry about this. I have never heard a case where an applicant had the entire table missing - This is the first. Unfortunately, I can't edit my post but I can add this note to this thread where we were discussing about issues with the application form.

3. I don't think you need a new physical presence calculator as the reason that your application was returned was not because of physical presence. But please follow the instructions in the document they added when they returned your application.
4. LOE is not required, IMO (unless your situation has changed since you sent the application).
Thank you, Raj.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other

Question:
other advice?

new application only if the letter ask for a new specifically. otherwise you can add the page and resend

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other

what date was app returned

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello! Please add mine to the September tracker, thank you! Please see details below:
Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1,102 days
Application type: Single
Application Sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 22, 2020
AOR: December 10, 2020
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:
Added you to the sheet

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Good question. I am unable to retrieve my file, received the following prompt:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again. This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it."
Same status for me ... no updates since my application was delivered by canada post in the first week of Sep 2020

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As reported by others, my ECAS also shows the following lines, even though no actual email yet:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2020.
I guess my status now is AOR "received".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
As reported by others, my ECAS also shows the following lines, even though no actual email yet:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2020.
I guess my status now is AOR "received".
That's right. Congratulations. If you haven't already, you should check your spam folder. Also check the trash folder to see if you accidentally deleted it.

Last edited:

Micho

Dec 8, 2020
As reported by others, my ECAS also shows the following line even though no actual email yet:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 28, 2020.