+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble with the form

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To reiterate, those who have received AOR or have had their Application returned, could you please confirm if your application was accepted or returned due to the following;

Q8
“Are you paying someone to help you fill out this form” was left blank.

However the question: “Is someone helping you fill out this form?“ was checked No.
Besides Tweeting CIC, I have also submitted feedback on their website using the link below

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=2

Select ‘services’ and then ‘client service experience’ and then submit the feedback about the error on the form. Hopefully they acknowledge.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

supermario

Mar 9, 2018
I have few questions:
In 4b and 8, I put no, but the form has insert name. I left it blank. Is this an issue? Do you have the same blank spaces?

In 15c, the question is at the end of the page, and the box is at the top on the new page. I checked the box, but would the officer think it is incomplete by looking at the bottom of the page?

For 16, can someone confirm there 16 boxes to check off in total (including "I have read" box)?

For 14 and 16 i left table b blank. Is this an issue?

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I have few questions:
In 4b and 8, I put no, but the form has insert name. I left it blank. Is this an issue? Do you have the same blank spaces?

In 15c, the question is at the end of the page, and the box is at the top on the new page. I checked the box, but would the officer think it is incomplete by looking at the bottom of the page?

For 16, can someone confirm there 16 boxes to check off in total (including "I have read" box)?

For 14 and 16 i left table b blank. Is this an issue?
In 4b, i select no, but the printed version still has name line. I leave it blank. the same to number 8.
I don't have the same issue with you as for 15c, but i think it should not be a problem because it is continuous page by page.
For 16, i have 16boxes include "I have read".
For 14, table B and 16 B, blank.

That is my application right now. Hope others would comment too.

supermario

Mar 9, 2018
In 4b, i select no, but the printed version still has name line. I leave it blank. the same to number 8.
I don't have the same issue with you as for 15c, but i think it should not be a problem because it is continuous page by page.
For 16, i have 16boxes include "I have read".
For 14, table B and 16 B, blank.

That is my application right now. Hope others would comment too.
For 4c, do we need to put height in both cm and ft?
Also, in 11, do we need to put the postal code?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay guys, I am consolidating all the troubles with this form and how I have handled them.

Now, just a usual disclaimer - You might have done it differently, that's totally fine. I'm just sharing what I have done and if anyone is interested, you can follow the same thing.

Q2. Checked 'No' and drew a long hyphen in the 2 blank boxes below to indicate they don't apply.

Q4 (b). Drew a long hyphen in the 2 blank boxes below to indicate they don't apply.

Q4 (c). Wrote the height in both cm and ft. However, I think answering just one of these is perfectly fine as there is a big 'OR' in between the two.

Q7. Since mailing address is same as the residential address, drew hyphens in the mailing address box.

Q8. Checked 'No' with pen for the question 'Are you paying someone to fill out this form' and drew hyphens in the name and company fields.

Q9(b). Checked 'No' and wrote 'N/A' in the following table

Q11. I have not entered postal codes here since it was not explicitly asked (like they have in the address history section). I checked how I had entered information on my PR application for personal history section - apparently, that form did not request for postal codes either. Apparently, IRCC, for some reason, isn't really expecting postal codes in the personal history section.

Q12(b) Printed the form before saving. There is only one header for this question about tax returns.

Q14. Wrote 'N/A' in Table B

Q16. Confirmed all questions are completely printed. Checked 15 'No' check boxes and also checked box to indicate 'I have read and understand the prohibitions'. 16 check boxes in total for this question.

Q16 (b). Wrote N/A in the box.

Q17 (c) This is not really a trouble but I recall someone asking me this question. Checked 'No' for Quebec's Permanent List of electors. DO NOT LEAVE IT EMPTY, check either YES or NO.

Last edited:
Reactions: royce110

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Okay guys, I am consolidating all the troubles with this form and how I have handled them.

Now, just a usual disclaimer - You might have done it differently, that's totally fine. I'm just sharing what I have done and if anyone is interested, you can follow the same thing.

Q2. Checked 'No' and drew a long hyphen in the 2 blank boxes below to indicate they don't apply.

Q4 (b). Drew a long hyphen in the 2 blank boxes below to indicate they don't apply.

Q4 (c). Wrote the height in both cm and ft. However, I think answering just one of these is perfectly fine as there is a big 'OR' in between the two.

Q7. Since mailing address is same as the residential address, drew hyphens in the mailing address box.

Q8. Checked 'No' with pen for the question 'Are you paying someone to fill out this form' and drew hyphens in the name and company fields.

Q9(b). Checked 'No' and wrote 'N/A' in the following table

Q11. I have not entered postal codes here since it was not explicitly asked (like they have in the address history section). I checked how I had entered information on my PR application for personal history section - apparently, that form did not request for postal codes either. Apparently, IRCC, for some reason, isn't really expecting postal codes in the personal history section.

Q12(b) Printed the form before saving. There is only one header for this question about tax returns.

Q14. Wrote 'N/A' in Table B

Q16. Confirmed all questions are completely printed. Checked 15 'No' check boxes and also checked box to indicate 'I have read and understand the prohibitions'. 16 check boxes in total for this question.

Q16 (b). Wrote N/A in the box.

Q17 (c) This is not really a trouble but I recall someone asking me this question. Checked 'No' for Quebec's Permanent List of electors. DO NOT LEAVE IT EMPTY, check either YES or NO.

I have done exactly like this :) apart from 9) as it applied to me. So did you draw the hyphens with a pen on the form after printing it out?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Someone reported that when they printed their Citizenship application form, an entire table was missing (Q12 - Tax Returns) which the applicant did not notice and the application was returned as a result of this. Beware - Please triple check your application, line-by-line before sending it out.

Here's the text of that post :

Hi all, my application has been returned citing missing information with Q12 table on "tax years filed" as missing. I categorically remember filling the years and ticking the corresponding box in the digital form - the same is reaffirmed in the copy of my application I retained. Interestingly, the version of my application that they sent back does not have the table printed but has all other items on that sheet printed.
Tip for others looking to file and/or @rajkamalmohanram to add a note of this to the "instructions thread" that tables get left out (still unsure how that happened during the print as it is still in my saved digital copy)

Question:
-The others who've had their application returned, do you simply add the missing sheet and send the same package back?
-What happens regarding the application fees?
-Physical presence calculations - do I add new travel dates (I was away for 2 weeks in Dec)
-Any new letter of explanation
other advice?

Other information for time calculation - file had reached on Sept 28 and this letter is dated Nov 25
Here's the link to it =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9098480

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,
Need help on Online Physical calculator.

First snapshot- -
While filling online dates on Physical calculator website, it gives results --

Your eligibility period is 2016-10-21 to 2021-10-20, you will need this for your application form.
Permanent residence date2018-04-11Application date2021-10-21

But

When i am filling the same date on the application form its not giving me 2016-10-20 to 2021-10-20, which differs by a day...
Can anyone explain how to correct it on the actual form...

thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys,
Need help on Online Physical calculator.

First snapshot- -
While filling online dates on Physical calculator website, it gives results --

Your eligibility period is 2016-10-21 to 2021-10-20, you will need this for your application form.
Permanent residence date2018-04-11Application date2021-10-21

But

When i am filling the same date on the application form its not giving me 2016-10-20 to 2021-10-20, which differs by a day...
Can anyone explain how to correct it on the actual form...

thanks in advance
You can't correct it because the "From" field is auto-filled.

This has been the case since October 2020 so you should be good to go!

mirriyazali

Aug 14, 2017
Hello Guys,
I'm filling the form for citizenship, CIT 0002 (10-2020)E & every time I try to validate it, it gives me an error Contact Information Undefined & takes me to Country code field on the phone number, even though I selected CANAD/US & country code 1 comes in that field, Again I go to validate it & it gives same error again.
Is anybody else facing similar issue.