+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble with the form

adnim

Aug 13, 2020
Hi,

My first post here. I started filling out the application form and noticed that every time and save the form and open it again, the table header in question 12 is repeated one more time. After a few rounds of save and open the file it looks like this:

Has anyone run into this before? I'm using the latest Acrobat Reader DC 2020.012.20041 and Windows 10. Tried different computer and still no luck. When printing this repeated header is also there.
I downloaded it from official website https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/cit0002e-2.pdf
It says CIT 0002 (12-2019) E in the bottom left corner.

Thanks,

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi,

My first post here. I started filling out the application form and noticed that every time and save the form and open it again, the table header in question 12 is repeated one more time. After a few rounds of save and open the file it looks like this:

Has anyone run into this before? I'm using the latest Acrobat Reader DC 2020.012.20041 and Windows 10. Tried different computer and still no luck. When printing this repeated header is also there.
I downloaded it from official website https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/cit0002e-2.pdf

Thanks,
Yes, I had the same and it's weird. After filling in some data, and then the number of times you close and open the pdf, the header will keep on adding. It's annoying.

Solution: After I completely filled the form, reviewed it multiple times, and finally found all OK (took me 1 week). Then I downloaded a new form and just copied all the entries one-by-one from the previous pdf and pasted into the new pdf (without closing new pdf) and finally printed it out.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks,
This wouldn't be an issue as I am sure they are aware of it.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
This wouldn't be an issue as I am sure they are aware of it.
I actually had the exact same issue and wonder if it had to do with the PDF reader being used. I suspect something about the scripting in that form doesn’t play nice with PDF readers. I used to have it with Foxit PDF readers, but haven’t seen it with the Acrobat reader.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah. Honestly, this form sucks. One issue is with the repeating column headers like mentioned above. Another thing is the fields that are hidden after we answer 'No' to certain questions re-appear when we print the form. There is no way around it.

I have tried the latest versions of both Adobe Acrobat reader AND Foxit reader. The issues are consistent between the two.

Reactions: siddharthbala

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Yeah. Honestly, this form sucks. One issue is with the repeating column headers like mentioned above. Another thing is the fields that are hidden after we answer 'No' to certain questions re-appear when we print the form. There is no way around it.

I have tried the latest versions of both Adobe Acrobat reader AND Foxit reader. The issues are consistent between the two.
Hi Rajkamalmohanram,

What should we do with such questions which just appear when we print. I am freaking out now as I just left then blank. It was about question 8, where it asks is someone helping you fill out this form, I marked “no” to this question and proceeded to question 9, but when I printed the application there was a further question under Q 8, are you paying someone for filling this form... As this question was not there in editable version and appeared only when I printed the application so I left it blank.

Thanks.

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hi,

Thanks,
Yeah, it's annoying. Cumbersome solution is to fill a form as template and then copy values to a new one, for printing without save & load.

Also, in my case, there were optional (checkbox based) fields popping in and out of existence as I save, load, print the form. Make sure all is good in the print version, in that regard.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Rajkamalmohanram,

What should we do with such questions which just appear when we print. I am freaking out now as I just left then blank. It was about question 8, where it asks is someone helping you fill out this form, I marked “no” to this question and proceeded to question 9, but when I printed the application there was a further question under Q 8, are you paying someone for filling this form... As this question was not there in editable version and appeared only when I printed the application so I left it blank.

Thanks.
Well, what I did was I marked N/A on all these extra fields. I think that is a bit excessive and I hope that IRCC is aware of this problem with their citizenship application form but... better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yup...dont worry I am sure CIC is aware of this issue and most people face this issue with the form...

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, here's another problem reported by @JDenH . Apparently, under the prohibitions question (Q16), point 8 is not printed correctly/completely sometimes. This person's application was returned because of this.

Not sure how many cases of this are happening but pay particular attention to the prohibitions section to ensure that all the questions that are under Q16 (prohibitions) section are printed correctly.

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Guys, here's another problem reported by @JDenH . Apparently, under the prohibitions question (Q16), point 8 is not printed correctly/completely sometimes. This person's application was returned because of this.

Not sure how many cases of this are happening but pay particular attention to the prohibitions section to ensure that all the questions that are under Q16 (prohibitions) section are printed correctly.
Hi Raj, it is not under prohibition question Q16 point 8, but question 8.

Simple2020

Aug 23, 2020
So under the list time with Canadian Temperory resident or protected person status table can i include IM-1 category visa duration as well for applying Citizen ship?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj, it is not under prohibition question Q16 point 8, but question 8.
I don't think so. If you look at the OP's initial post, you'll see this :

I mailed my application for citizenship on Feb 8th 2020, and it was received by CPC Sydney on March 17th 2020.
My application was returned as incomplete on August 6th and the following sections were highlighted:

16. Prohibitions: To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you cannot be prohibited under the Citizenship Act.
7. In the 10 years immediately before the date of your citizenship application, was your Canadian citizenship taken away (revoked) for reasons of false representation, fraud, or knowingly concealing material circumstances.
9. While a permanent resident, have you:

• Been convicted in Canada of terrorism, high treason, treason or spying offences?
  • Been convicted outside of Canada of terrorism?
  • Served as a member of an armed force of a country or territory or an organized armed group and that country or territory or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.
If you look closely, Q8 (Under Q16 - Prohibitions) is missing in between Q7 and Q9.

On the other hand, Q8 on the application form asks about your e-mail, address and phone number. I see no reason why IRCC would highlight this section if the issue were with Q8 that asks for address / phone # and e-mail.

The OP has also mentioned this :

Hey Folks - I found the problem. Part one of question 8 was missing from my form, some print out error i guess. That's what CIC were trying to show me by highlighting questions 7 through to 9. While that question was present on the form of other family members which is why theirs is complete. Thanks everyone for your support, help and tips, I am going to reprint and resend the application tomorrow :)
I'm not sure where you saw OP mentioning that there was a problem with Q8 (addresses / phone number / email question).

Last edited:

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I don't think so. If you look at the OP's initial post, you'll see this :

If you look closely, Q8 (Under Q16 - Prohibitions) is missing in between Q7 and Q9.

On the other hand, Q8 on the application form asks about your e-mail, address and phone number. I see no reason why IRCC would highlight this section if the issue were with Q8 that asks for address / phone # and e-mail.

The OP has also mentioned this :

I'm not sure where you saw OP mentioning that there was a problem with Q8 (addresses / phone number / email question).
Hi Raj,

I am wondered if we are looking at the same application form. In my form, Q8 is

Is someone helping you fill out this form
Are you paying someone to help you fill out this form

And "Are you paying someone to help you fill out this form" appears in the print version. That's why people sometimes doesn't know, because in the original version, this line disappers if you select "No" for the previous question.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So under the list time with Canadian Temperory resident or protected person status table can i include IM-1 category visa duration as well for applying Citizen ship?
1) What visa of yours do you see IM-1 on? If you see this on your Permanent Residence visa, then, this question makes no sense.
2) You can only count temporary residence in Canada within your eligibility period (past 5 years).