+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Your signature doesn't say when the first line was and when the second line was. It just says aor, that's it
There is no tracker for timelines between first line and second line - nobody is tracking that. I referred you to the tracker so that you can see the timeline between 'Application Received' and AOR. The last applicant to report AOR was a September 21 applicant who received AOR in about 80 days. So, after the holidays, we might see people getting AOR in about 80 - 90 days from what I see.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello Everyone. This forum has been very helpful during my Express Entry application back in the day. Now it is time for citizenship.
I have applied in September but got no AOR. Then I have followed the advice of some of us here and logged in with PR number. These 2 lines are what I see:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2020.
I guess this means I have the AOR. Can someone confirm?
If so here are my details to add to the list:

Location (city): Montreal
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1154
App sent date: Sep/21/2020
App delivered date: Sep/24/2020
AOR: Dec/14/2020
Added your record...

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My application delivered on Sep 25th by FedEx. Still no AOR or anything in ECAS. I wonder if it has anything to do courier service provider we choose?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application delivered on sep 1st still no AOR or any answer. How can I check it. IT IS REALLY STRESSFUL.

My application delivered on Sep 25th by FedEx. Still no AOR or anything in ECAS. I wonder if it has anything to do courier service provider we choose?
There are people from June, July who have still not received AOR.. It seems they are processing random applications/minimum # of applications each month before moving to the next. You need to adjust your expectations accordingly, you are not alone.

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
Application sent in September but I still haven’t gotten the acknowledgment email yet, is this normal??

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
There are people from June, July who have still not received AOR.. It seems they are processing random applications/minimum # of applications each month before moving to the next. You need to adjust your expectations accordingly, you are not alone.
I’m on the same boat, fingers crossed!

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
YOU GUYS! I didn't even know we could check online like this LOL

I checked now and I have received the following:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.
So this means they're sending the AOR soon or is the line 2 like others have received a step closer to AOR?

Reactions: annapatram

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi all, my application has been returned citing missing information with Q12 table on "tax years filed" as missing. I categorically remember filling the years and ticking the corresponding box in the digital form - the same is reaffirmed in the copy of my application I retained. Interestingly, the version of my application that they sent back does not have the table printed but has all other items on that sheet printed.
Tip for others looking to file and/or @rajkamalmohanram to add a note of this to the "instructions thread" that tables get left out (still unsure how that happened during the print as it is still in my saved digital copy)

Question:
-The others who've had their application returned, do you simply add the missing sheet and send the same package back?
-What happens regarding the application fees?
-Physical presence calculations - do I add new travel dates (I was away for 2 weeks in Dec)
-Any new letter of explanation
other advice?

Other information for time calculation - file had reached on Sept 28 and this letter is dated Nov 25

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Hi all, my application has been returned citing missing information with Q12 table on "tax years filed" as missing. I categorically remember filling the years and ticking the corresponding box in the digital form - the same is reaffirmed in the copy of my application I retained. Interestingly, the version of my application that they sent back does not have the table printed but has all other items on that sheet printed.
Tip for others looking to file and/or @rajkamalmohanram to add a note of this to the "instructions thread" that tables get left out (still unsure how that happened during the print as it is still in my saved digital copy)

Question:
-The others who've had their application returned, do you simply add the missing sheet and send the same package back?
-Physical presence calculations - do I add new travel dates (I was away for 2 weeks in Dec)
other advice?

Other information for time calculation - file had reached on Sept 28 and this letter is dated Nov 25
Hi,
Sorry to hear that.
-provide the missing information with the current date and sign.
- print out the same fee receipt and add with the application.
- you need to add new physical presence calculated.
also submit the letter they sent you.
others can put more info regarding your situation

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016

Question:
other advice?

I just wanted to ask if you can check ECAS and if it’s showing your application status?
you can try to check by using UCI, family name, DOB, and country of birth.
I just want to know if they return application, either they enter the information in Ecas or not. Thank you